• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

2012af0004xxxx

nsensen

Registered Users (C)
when can I expect to interview?

I will be doing an adjustment of status and I am worried my case number will not become current in time....

any advice or experience on the matter?

I will be doing an adjustment of status and I am worried my case number will not become current in time....

If you are familiar with the Visa Bulletin you will be able to answer this. Based on DV-2011, your case number would become current in May. See www . travel . state . gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5424.html

So, assuming DV-2012 number are approximately the same, then around April/May 2012 you will be able to submit your I-485 papers for AOS.

If you are familiar with the Visa Bulletin you will be able to answer this. Based on DV-2011, your case number would become current in May. See www . travel . state . gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5424.html

So, assuming DV-2012 number are approximately the same, then around April/May 2012 you will be able to submit your I-485 papers for AOS.

my case number is actually 48XXX

I checked last years bulletin and that means my number would current sometime in July... so I basically have to wait a year... now I heard the cut off is Sept. 30,
would I be able to complete an AOS in that time before the deadline?

Do the case numbers really determine whether you will get your interview in time or not? and do they affect on whether you will be within the 50K visas or not?

2012AF1xxxx

Hi

2012af00041*** will be current hopefully on may/april and will be doing my cp in abu dhabi uae with my my family.

Just learned...and remembered...

I just learned the other day that AF this year has up to over 90000 CNs so being in the 40,000's is just half way there!

I believe that for high CN's people are allowed to start the process when number shows up on bulletin as coming up current next month. However, it is usually at the IO's discretion whether or not to accept. They can REJECT for filing too early, or they can ACCEPT and keep processing you...and when you go to your interview, they will approve you and tell you to wait for your visa number to be available...and that is it. Once rejected, you can resubmit when time comes. They do not cash your $$ when rejecting.

Best wishes.