2003: I-485 Tracker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jalma

Registered Users (C)
I just moved this tracker to this thread, as i have seen most of the people post their approval here itself. so it will be easy for them to update it. I agree that this tracker has been very useful to get a better picture of everything.

Guys keep updating your approvals here.

Jalma said:
I just moved this tracker to this thread, as i have seen most of the people post their approval here itself. so it will be easy for them to update it. I agree that this tracker has been very useful to get a better picture of everything.

Guys keep updating your approvals here.

I'm all for having a consolidated tracker but I think this needs to be made a sticky for it to succeed...

Otherwise, we'll end up with multiple versions of the trackers (for example, someone already started a consolidated tracker at http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=144248 and I've been maintaining the I-485 information in the one in the I-140 forum although I'd personally rather update one here).

I spoke with one of the moderators about doing this but he preferred to check via a poll whether people really want a consolidated tracker.

So, please, if you are in favor of setting up a sticky thread (one that stays at the top of the list of threads) for a consolidated I-485 tracker then please vote here: http://boards.immigration.com/showthread.php?t=144528.

So far it looks like most people want this but only 10 or so votes...

ETA

Vote for it

ETA-GC,

I took the one which you have personally updated and pasted it here, as this part of the thread gets more scrutiny from members than the others. :)

I am in favour of making it sticky and already voted for it.

I hope all the other 2003 guys will follow soon. What's the harm......

Jalma said:
ETA-GC,

I took the one which you have personally updated and pasted it here, as this part of the thread gets more scrutiny from members than the others. :)

I am in favour of making it sticky and already voted for it.

I hope all the other 2003 guys will follow soon. What's the harm......

Looks like most people are in favor of this and I asked the moderator to make this thread sticky. Once that happens I'll stop updating the tracker in the I-140 thread (hopefully most people will update their own data as needed).

ETA

All for it!!!

It's not even a question, we definitely want a consolidated tracker to get a better picture. This worked wonderfully for us in the 140 forum and I don't see why it won't work here, though the 140 tracker can still be used to maintain the 485 information.

I personally believe there shoud be one single tracker for 140 and 485 as they are all related and it would be difficult to maintain two different trackers. But until immigration.com provides a way to consolidate the trackers in one place, we would have to maintain two separate trackers and ppl have to know to update it.

We should remove all other efforts to monthly/consolidated trackers from this 485 forum. I had created one a while back, a few other ppl had created their versions of it. Let's just keep one thread for this.

Moderator, maybe you can help!

update with my info

Hi all,

I had updated it and look like it was lost. Hence I am updating it again

My Green Card Story
VSC - EB3
I 140 AD 03/13/2003
I 485 RD 07/22/2003 ND 08/01/2003

I 765 - First time
RD 07/22/2003 ND 08/01/2003 RFE 01/22/2004 RFE RD 01/29/2004
IEAD 05/04/2004 AP 06/03/2004 ( 307 days )

I131
RD 07/22/2003 ND 08/01/2003 RFE 01/22/2004 RFE RD 01/29/2004
AP 06/03/2004 ( 307 days )

1FP ND 09/28/2004 ( 434 days )

Hi Guys,
We were scheduled for FP on 10/21 but walked for early FP last saturday 09/26 at ST PAUL, MN ASC. Does anyone know how long it takes for the status msg to change after FP and does a status msg change mean that Namecheck is completed. Please share your thoughts, thanks for your response in adv.

Cheers...

mickey99 said:
Does anyone know how long it takes for the status msg to change after FP

If they update it, this often happens about 6 days after doing the FP (mine did). They don't always update the status message though -- I've seen a number of cases where the status message has skipped right to the "approved" message with no FP message(s) in between.

mickey99 said:
and does a status msg change mean that Namecheck is completed.

Not as far as I know. The name check is done completely separately, in most cases around the time that the I-485 is filed from what I've read. It's also done only once I believe, even if you end up doing FP more than once.

There is lot's of info available in the I-485 VSC forum on how to send a fax to the FBI to verify that the name check was successfully completed. It usually clears in about 1 month but if your name generates a "hit" against their database, this can take 18+ months to resolve and there is a point at which you can try to ask the FBI to expedite the case. Again, see info elsewhere on this (search for name check).

ETA

Last edited by a moderator:
Update: activity for 08/25/03 and 10/23/03 cases

Looks like things have been quiet lately...

FYI, of the 189 08/25/03 (ND) I-485 cases that I'm tracking, there were approvals on 09/22/04 and 09/10/04 but no activity since 09/24/04. Since 08/25/04 there have been 17 cases whose status changed, 13 of those to "FP received".

Of the 196 10/23/03 (ND) I-485 cases that I'm tracking, the most recent activity that I saw was a case transferred on 10/01/04 (3 days ago). Since 08/31/04 there have been 18 cases whose status changed, although most of these are changes to "FP received" with 5 transfers.

I'll continue to scan these cases periodically and will report any significant increase in activity so people with an ND on/around these dates might get an idea of when their case could come up.

ETA

ETA-GC said:
Looks like things have been quiet lately...

FYI, of the 189 08/25/03 (ND) I-485 cases that I'm tracking, there were approvals on 09/22/04 and 09/10/04 but no activity since 09/24/04. Since 08/25/04 there have been 17 cases whose status changed, 13 of those to "FP received".

Of the 196 10/23/03 (ND) I-485 cases that I'm tracking, the most recent activity that I saw was a case transferred on 10/01/04 (3 days ago). Since 08/31/04 there have been 18 cases whose status changed, although most of these are changes to "FP received" with 5 transfers.

I'll continue to scan these cases periodically and will report any significant increase in activity so people with an ND on/around these dates might get an idea of when their case could come up.

hi eta,

my nd is 08/25/03 and my status says that uscis received the result of my 1st finger printing last 08/28/04 and will resume on processing my case. i had my 1st fp done last 08/24/04... when do you think i will get my i485 approval or my greencard? ? :)

ETA

Received FP Notice

Received FP notice for myself and my wife.
Scheduled for Nov 18 in Philly

Can someone please update my information

Status
Not open for further replies.