2003 Filers 485 pending Track

Thanks for your attention.

According to my attorney, a mistake was made by CIS that made my case "frozen" somewhere for a long while. Only recently my case "was reopened by a CIS motion", after I contacted local congressman's office, after my attorney sent multiple inquiries), after several phone calls to 1-800 number. I kind of suspect that my attorney made a mistake in responding to CIS's RFE shortly after my FP1. CIS obviously did not accept my attorney's arguments for whatever reason, and the arguments are accepted, still for an unknown reason. I am currently expecting a FP2 notice, but hoping for an approval notice.

Denied then reopened - is it a new case?

I am posting this message in the hope that someone with similar experience might be able to offer some insight as to what should do at this stage.

I just called 1-800 number to see why I still have not got 2nd FP notice, and got the information that my case submitted on 01/02/2003 was actually denied, closed, and then was reopened in this June. The initial denial was due to a mistake of CIS according to what my attorney told me. I have however requested all the written communications between my attorney and CIS to see what was the reason for the denial.

The disappointing news is that that representative actually told me that my case is now considered as a new case - this would mean my case will now be measured by the new opening date 06/14/2005 instead of 01/02/2003, even though neither I nor my attorney knows the reason behind.

Is there any way that I can do to help? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

Still waiting

Am waiting for 2003 485 too.
I140/I 485 RD 12/12/03
RFE for I 140-05/03/05
I140 AD 07/20/05
I 485 AD ?

hope 74

hjb_zy said:
I am posting this message in the hope that someone with similar experience might be able to offer some insight as to what should do at this stage.

I just called 1-800 number to see why I still have not got 2nd FP notice, and got the information that my case submitted on 01/02/2003 was actually denied, closed, and then was reopened in this June. The initial denial was due to a mistake of CIS according to what my attorney told me. I have however requested all the written communications between my attorney and CIS to see what was the reason for the denial.

The disappointing news is that that representative actually told me that my case is now considered as a new case - this would mean my case will now be measured by the new opening date 06/14/2005 instead of 01/02/2003, even though neither I nor my attorney knows the reason behind.

Is there any way that I can do to help? Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

Hi

Get attorney to write to service centre to expedite with copy of this letter to congressman/senator

I had a simular problem. TSC denied case (in error) told in writing by TSC to re-apply. With new application I put copy of TSC letter saying error.

New case took 3 months to approve

Good luck

ND I 485 14th Aug 2003

1st FP 14th Sept 2003

2nd FP 8th March 2005

Ref June 2005

AD I 485 23rd June 2005

First name and last name are switched in the fingerprint notice

My wife and I just did the second FP - our I485 was submitted in Jan. 2003.

The name on my wife's FP notice was wrong - her first name and last name were switched. At the FP site, the officer did notice but quickly commented that this is just another error made by CIS, and she took my wife's fingerprint anyway.

Did anybody else have similar experience? I am a little nervous because I don't know if the wrong name is due to a typo during the preparation of the FP notice, or is due to a mistake in my wife's record. Acoording to our attorney, CIS failed to record our first fingerprints and this is why our cases are still pending (our cases were initially denied in Dec. 2003 because they failed to record our fingerprints and were reopened only recently). So could this happen again for us?

I wait for for 3 years

I140 ND: Aug 2002
I140: approved Aug 2003
I485: ND november 6, 2003
FP: Feb 2004
FP received: Mar 12, 2004
nothing change since then

Hi all you 2003 cases...
I was so hoping to get great news soon, as October is almost here. But now with the new PD I'm back to uncertainty. Let's hope that Priority Dates move very fast, and we can get over this "roller coaster" soon.

November's Visa bulletin : boooo hoooo!!!!
I guess we are all frozen, once again.
One thing or the other, USCIS always manages to delay delay and delay.

Now that March Visa bulletin is coming (soon I hope) let's pray PD's have moved forward so we can get approved!!! There has been speculation that the EB3 worldwide category might become current in March. That would be awsome, as many of us have been frozen for 7 months now since retrogression struck.
Good Luck to all!

i can't wait for mine to get approval
my dad came here for me.
we feel like we are in jail for 5 years not allowded go to back to your country & come back. what have we done wrong we are doing every thing we supose to why don't we get our cards.
i don't care about me & i want my dad to be happy . i want him to go to india first when we get our cards.

I pray for every one who is suffering like us.

Let us keep this thred alive (unfortunately)

I am one of unlucky one whose I-485 and I-140 was filed concurrently in December 2003.
I-140 approved long ago, I-485 stll pending. They say in TSC - name check... Any 2003 filers still left here?

EB-2, Europe

I

Thirteen:
My 485 is filing on Dec. 2003 and still background checking. Did you get your 485 approved now?

No, my I-495 is still pending. Recently paid 700$ for work permit renewal and advance parole for me and my wife.
Interesting article today in New York Times about citizenship - there are 400 thosand background check pending filed before Dec 2002. So I prepare to enjoy adjustment of status for a couple more years (in the best case scenario).

Last edited by a moderator:
Thirteen
You sounds OK about all this delay. I am really runnnig out of patience. Anyway, if you find some way to speed up the background checking or get cleared, please let me know. I will continue to post my unlucky case.

Hello to everyone here.
My application was also from 2003. July 28 2003. I had 3 fingerprinting done, 4 EADs and 4 AP's, 2 RFEs and many years of waiting.... (since labor certification)
I don't know how long my name check took, but I was hit by retrogression as anyone else here. Much speculation I did, but the only sure thing is that as soon as my PD became current, I was approved. The very first day.
Keep the faith, your time will come too. God Bless you all.

I-140/485 ND March 2003
I-140 approved August 2004
3 Fp done, I-485 pending
GC......??????

Anyone, any thoughts on my case? Is anybody in the same boat?

Last edited by a moderator: