**2001 JAN-JUL** CSC I-485 Mailers (from 07/08/2002)

blacksmith, u r right

RFE at least shows your case is being worked on. Hang in there you will get the approvals soon.

PCee, JIT is 7/1/2001 right now?

Does it go by RD/ND? When are we going to be qualified to ask help from our congress people?

Hope it does not happen again

my I-140 (simple EB3) took almost 15 months. App was lost or something... then one fine day I got approval (it may be just a conincidence but the approval came 3 weeks after I wrote to the congressman's office. Did not get any response from congressman's office though).

Now I am in 485 line (applied April 2002), No FP or EAD yet, got AP. Hope they don't misplace my file again.

I saw some people who applied in April already got FP (San Jose)... is it random ?

Spoke with IIO yesterday

He said - they are processing July 1 2001 ND. And my ND is 08/01. So he said - 'wait for atleast 2-3 months. There are people ahead of me with ND prior to me. Have patience. and Call back in 2 months.'

I was under the impression that JIT goes by RD and not ND, contrary to what IIO said. Does anyone have different response from them.

I am absolutely sure that JIT goes by ND. As per CSC one should wait for app. 30 days after JIT date and then can send fax enquiries. Note that as per current JIT, I-485 processing date is 07/01/2001 as of 07/09/2002. so some one with ND prior to 07/01/01 can start fax enquiry starting from 08/09/2002. Also note that these JIT dates may not move in sync with calander dates! I mean it may not move to 08/01 on 08/09/2002!

One would seek congressmen/woman's help if case is not approved even after those fax enquiries (note that one can send upto 3 fax enquiries in 15 days time, and by then one should get a response from INS).

- PCee

faxing inquiries

I faxed couple of inquires so far. One three weeks ago and one this week. On the inquiry it says that you should wait 15 business days before faxing another inquiry (from level I to level II). So usually that is 3 weeks.

15 business days means 15 business days - not just 15 days. INS is very anal about this. My attorney faxed an inquiry when JIT moved from 1/1/01 to 4/1/01 for the first time sometimes in May. Since my ND is 4/10/01 attorney got a reply that case is within processing time. I don't even think they have looked at the case just the dates.

Just today I talked to Senator Feinstein's office. They did recieve my letter asking help. It took 2 weeks for letter to be processed and is entered in the system. The guy that I talked to said that it will probably take another 2-3 weeks for someone from senator's staff to look at the letter and then they will send it to INS. Then they have to wait for INS response and then they will contact me.

So more waiting ...

bluelotus, noLogicAlgo - have you been approved ?

Don't know if you guys registered and can post on this board. I could not post and emailed to monica@immigration.com.

Please let me know if your cases have been approved. I think you were the only few active April waiters.

Got plastic card

Heard on June 19th that my card
was ordered. Received card on July 1st.
Looks like card was mailed on June 26th.

My details

WAC - 01-262
Approved - March 11th
PD Nov. 1997

Hang in there those guys who
have not received their approval yet.

Hi Guys

My case is so hopeless had stopped coming to this site for months Anyway, just to remind you

RD April 2001 (yes thats right 2001)
ND May 2001
FP Nov 2001
Aproval waiting and waiting and waiting ........

Even the thought of it makes me sad and so avoid it all together. Never believed in luck in my life, now giving it a thought......

Cheers !!!
485gang

484Gang - there is one who is worse - so hang in there

484gang - guess what i beat your RD by a month - and my family is still waiting. I am probably the only one with RD - march 2001
ND-April 2001
FP - Aug 2001 - will have to retake this soon as it will expire

Got an RFE in May - replied June 28th - still case is pending, because INS is waiting for us to reply to my daughters RFE which they are still in the process of resending (first one went back to INS as lawyers address changed) - ever heard of a deadlock - which is precisely my family's case!!

So i hope this gives you some encouragement that you are not alone - some day - we too will post "approved"! Praying that day comes soon.
Best of luck!!
:)

485gang, have you done any inquiries

I am curious - as to - I may fall under your path as well.

My RD is July 2001 and ND Aug 2001. IIO's usually say - Call 30 days after your ND gets current according to JIT CSC. Now, since yours is is way past due, I feel you should atleast call IIO or fax inquiries.

Please post your updates, as it will help us. We may have to do same thing, in case We didnt get approval 30 days past ND.

fax enquiry/ IIO call been there done that

Have done fax enquiry at least 4 times, called IIO's may be 10-12 times

Same old story wasnt able to get help !!

Larry's Boy got RFE

The AVM changed on Thu saying .. on Aug 8 we have issued an RFE. Will wait for attorney to receive it. It is first time after 16 months that message is changed.

Larry's boy rfe is better than no news

so reply soon and I am sure u will be aproved Good luck

our wishes are with you

cheers !!
485gang

attorney got the rfe

INS only wants employment letter - so attorney will send it tomorrow.

485gang - thanks for the good wishes. Have you contacted your congressman / senator (Diane Feinstein) ? I have sent inquires myself, attorney too, also congressman and senator - don't know if this is why I got rfe - but it might have helped.

Does anyone have statistics on how quickly is rfe processed ?

larrytmp

Not sure - but its usually anytime between 1 week to 60 days. There is something that a decision should be made in 60 days on INS receiving your RFE. But as always there are exceptions - but anyway an RFE is a good sign.
All the BEst!

EAD approved?

ND 05/08
WAC 02-180

Here is the message I heard for my wife and my self

"On Augest 22nd, after approving your case, we have ordered a new card for you. It normally takes between 120-140 days for us to process. We will send the card to you as soon as it is available."