20 months processing time by FY2004 for I-485

honeybee

Registered Users (C)
All,

Here are the news from Murthy's Newsletter about decreasign processing times for I-485. Till end of FY 2004, they plan to reduce it to 20 months !! So they are potentially saving people 9 months of wait. ( After publishing so much and taking their backlog plan, this is the result !!!!! ). These morons should do something better than this. It is available at :-

http://www.murthy.com/bulletin.html

Thanks,
-Honeybee
:mad:

News from Murthy's Newsletter: -

I-140/I-485 :
©MurthyDotCom
Of interest to many of our MurthyDotCom and MurthyBulletin readers, the I-140 petitions are expected to drop to an average of 8 months by the end of this fiscal year, down to 7 months by the end of the next fiscal year, and to 6 months by the end of FY2006. The plan for I-485s is a small decrease in processing times to 20 months by the end of FY2004, followed by an ambitious goal of 15 months in FY2005, and to 6 months by FY2006.

she is just restating the expected obvoius. she does not know any btter than any other perosn on this forumm
we have more concrete scan data which shows it is random processing and people can expect their approvals anytime

The bad news is that they don’t seem to be on track to achieving this goal (based on number of approvals and pending applications. It does not seem like they can improve a whole lot considering the fact that there is a hiring freeze. They can however implement the plan of contacting attorneys and clients for information and instead of sending RFEs for the cases which they are still sending RFEs.
They could also implement a system where they check for all issues in a particular case and address them at the same time. Most cases will be held up due to lack of valid FP, they can stream line the process for adjudicating cases immediately after receiving the FP results.
I still can’t see how they can clear about 10 months’ cases in 3 months time. I mean actually processing the applications and not just a movement in JIT.
The good part about the testimony is that, it was made before the congress so it should be followed up and the heat will be on if the stated goals are not met.
Waiting to see how things will shape up in the next couple of months.

Its not possible to do more than that by end of this year. Probably if they have same pace they might be able to reduce the backlog further to a year or so by next year. Atleast 20 months is in-line with the facts.

BAL reports it as the backlog being reduced toy 23 months not 20 months. But it is definitely an improvement if they can do it for sure (current processing time is 35 months). What I mean by that is there should be NO one in the system whose case is pending more than 23 months, not these crazy ass approvals that we are seeing all over the board right now.

http://www.usabal.com/news/2004/04Jun16b.html

So the JIT take will be around 31-JAN-2003 on 31-OCT-04.

So it should be move 7.5 months in 3.5 months.

If this were true, then JIT will move one month at average for the next 7 reports.

So different opinion?

Last edited by a moderator:
This is all BS guys.
BCIS comes up with some memo every week now. Right now they are not working on any I140 and even JIT for last few months suggest that being stuck at 7/18/03 for EB2. and they plan to work more on 485...so no one in I140 forum is expecting any approval soon, even my attorney lost hope too ( mine is 8/8/03). So, I had to apply 485, even though I wanted to go CP route.
140 online message says 360 to 450 days..so clearly they don't expect the case will be adjudicated in less than a year and will be delayed more due to working on 485 memo.so, I don't think 8 months for 140 is realistic number. BCIS is trying to make all congress members and president fool, that's what this is all about! It's really frustrating as people can't use AC21 due to non-approved 140 and they can't get 485/140 approval in near future.