2 Jobs while on EAD

Really ? I'm hearing the additional job must be same characteristics as your original jobs. If your H1B job is network admin, so is your 2nd job.

Please correct me, or, I'm confused with so-called AC21

curiousGeorge said:
No limits on the amount of jobs regardless of whether they are full time, part time, or bench time.

songlan said:
Really ? I'm hearing the additional job must be same characteristics as your original jobs. If your H1B job is network admin, so is your 2nd job. Please correct me, or, I'm confused with so-called AC21

You're confused with AC21. On an EAD, you can work at McDonald's if you want.

Thanks curiousGeorge and songlan for the reply. In my case both jobs are of same nature. Is it legal to have 2 fulltime jobs at the same time. Is there going to be any problem with IRS when I will show 2 W2's for the same time period.

Thanks,
D.

songlan said:
Really ? I'm hearing the additional job must be same characteristics as your original jobs. If your H1B job is network admin, so is your 2nd job.

Please correct me, or, I'm confused with so-called AC21

If you have more than 1 job, all should be on EAD, you can not have one on H-1 and other on EAD. Using EAD invalidates your H-1.
Your EAD is ok for many jobs in various areas.
If you use H-1 and get another job, you must apply for another H-1. I think you can have several jobs on different H-1s, but only one can be full time, others should be part time....

Earlier with my employer, I had filled I-9 document using H1 information but after getting EAD, I filled I-9 again with EAD information.So if I have filled I-9 document using EAD information, does that mean I am using EAD and not using H1.

I'm confused again. Here is the excerpt from EAD FAQ section

Q4 Do I have to continue working for my sponsoring employer?
A4 If you are an employment based AOS applicant, you must continue working for your sponsoring employer to retain your eligibility.If you take a leave of absence, the burden will be on you to prove that you will return to permanent employment with your sponsoring employer. If you wish, you may also accept additional employment with other companies, or even open your own small business. This additional employment must be supplemental to the employment used to qualify you for adjustment of status, however. Family based immigrants and dependents of employment based applicants may work for anyone.

compass said:
If you have more than 1 job, all should be on EAD, you can not have one on H-1 and other on EAD. Using EAD invalidates your H-1.
Your EAD is ok for many jobs in various areas.
If you use H-1 and get another job, you must apply for another H-1. I think you can have several jobs on different H-1s, but only one can be full time, others should be part time....

songlan said:
This additional employment must be supplemental to the employment used to qualify you for adjustment of status....
In other words, you MUST keep the job with your sponsor. The second and third job can be what ever you want it to be.