180 Days rule

helper007

Registered Users (C)
Anybody - changing job after 180 days of 485 pending - please post your experience with the lawyer here....................

No Title

One can change the job but it is not as easy as we thought it was before the AC21 memo came out. The memo says that one can change the job after 180 days but will have to inform INS about the change and INS will review and make a decision (or issue an RFE for an amended I-140). who knows how long it will take for approval if one gets into that loop?

Though this doesn\'t change anything from what is being done today it assures us that cases can no longer be denied on the basis of applicant has changed jobs.

Do it only if you are comfortable.

No Title

I don\'t agree

The law was clear and even more detail guide line was issued by INS.

You can change your job after 180 days of 485. As long as the job is in same category. I agree that one will have to let INS know. Or if REF is issued to verify employment let them know through the REF query.

However check with your lawyer and make sure he/she is in agrement with the same.

Good Luck

No Title

Guys, simple as that..atleast that helps a person who was laid off after 180 days if he has a job in the same capacity in hand....something is better then nothing

No Title

Helper,

I agree with you 100%. The 180 days rule is great if you lose the job one way or the other. I am waiting for the interview at local office so for me it is a big relief to know that this regulation is in place.

I wouldn\'t use this to switch jobs just for a better salary though ...

No Title

I agree with yu...this is a option to be used when alll fail...there is risk...but risk takers are winners....(my view)