140 Help..Please reply

Sgc2007

I'm working for a big company in US since 2001. My Lc is filed in 2001 and it is still pending in BEC (phily).

Recently my company offered me LC substitution (PD of 2002). I have taken it and they filed 140. I need to show the previous experience of a skill set in 1999. I have a letter from that company for that. The problem is that company is out of business.

Questions

1)Will USCIS call that employer (employer is in a foreign country) for that experience?If so, the company is closed. What will happen? Will they reject my 140?

2)My original LC is approved (got approved yesterday)? My lawyer is telling that they will file 140 on this one also? How on earth can I habe 2 140's? When my time comes for 485, which 140 should I choose? I'm confused

1. Generally not an issue.

2. 2 i140s not an issue. You can have even 10. Its 485s that you can have just one at a given time.

Since you have your own case and lab sub ends next week, not sure why you would want to file both, but if you are not paying for it, what the heck.

Good luck.

Letter of experience

I'm working for a big company in US since 2001. My Lc is filed in 2001 and it is still pending in BEC (phily).

Recently my company offered me LC substitution (PD of 2002). I have taken it and they filed 140. I need to show the previous experience of a skill set in 1999. I have a letter from that company for that. The problem is that company is out of business.

Questions

1)Will USCIS call that employer (employer is in a foreign country) for that experience?If so, the company is closed. What will happen? Will they reject my 140?

2)My original LC is approved (got approved yesterday)? My lawyer is telling that they will file 140 on this one also? How on earth can I habe 2 140's? When my time comes for 485, which 140 should I choose? I'm confused

You shouldn't worry about your previous company going out of business. I don't think thay have time to call all companies with the work load they have. I submitted a letter from my company went out of business too and everything has gone fine so far I-140 was approved, I-485 still pending.

I don't know about 2 I-140 but from what I understand yor lawyer will should the best one for your case.

Good Luck