140-->NVC-->St.Louis-->NVC-->Consulate Tracker Part 6

Re: If you know what item is incomplete, maybe you can fax in the changes...

Originally posted by cpmumbai2002
I know that one other person on this forum did fax in changes to the DS230 and they were accepted. I would suggest talking to an operator first and getting his/her name and then faxing it to their attention.

Yes, I sent in my fax WELL BEFORE the review was done. Man, I went through hell during that time hoping that NVC did not give me an RFE ! Finally review was done after 1 month. I got lucky , but in your case I think you have to make the changes and send it back to them again. I have seen cases where the second review has taken only a week. so good luck !

impact of 485 ?

folks,
My lawyer has filed my 485 on June 26 as he thought it is better to be on safe side (in case there is an ssue with my job before interview). Now my interview according to Chennai is most likely in august.
I am a bit worried if INS wiil try to retrieve my file before then. Any ideas ? In case it does, what is the risk during the interview ?

bump the thread to the top

bump the thread to the top & congrats to Rekhak for getting your review done.

Re: impact of 485 ?

targetgc,
Acoording to my knowledge and this site, you can go for any one, ie, either 485 route or CP, it is now one way or other. If you filed for CP and then applied for 485, your CP process will automatically gets terminated, but I may be wrong. Better check with lawyer

Originally posted by targetgc
folks,
My lawyer has filed my 485 on June 26 as he thought it is better to be on safe side (in case there is an ssue with my job before interview). Now my interview according to Chennai is most likely in august.
I am a bit worried if INS wiil try to retrieve my file before then. Any ideas ? In case it does, what is the risk during the interview ?

Re: Re: impact of 485 ?

Originally posted by svj
targetgc,
CP process will automatically gets terminated

CP doesnt get automatically cancelled when u file 485. However, if the INS requests your file from DOS before you get interviewed, you wont be able to complete the interview at the consulate.

Last edited by a moderator:
P3 reviewed, finally

hi Rekhak, Hary,

I called today after gettign back from the long weekend - had seen Rekhak's post and thought this might be the week.. foud out that it has been reviewed (probably last friday, which is what I entered in cptracker), and got the standard 2-4 weeks to consulate reply.

I wonder who asks for the visa number? consulate or NVC?

anyways - only a couple of steps to go. should email chennai in a few days.

hary, fi you ahve not already done that call up today or tomorrow - looks like our bunch of apps has been processed.

6/3 to 7/5 : more than a month.. I guess I was not as lucky as the 10 day apps.. but thank god it went through.

I got another letter from NVC

Thanks targetgc, cpmumbai2002, Moulin Rouge, rekhak.

Congrats rekhak, manish! Finally your wait is over.

I got second letter from NVC-this time they are asking for my marriage certificates. I sent all the documents with corrections to my lawyer. They should go out Tomorrow morning.

desigult

Re: Re: Re: impact of 485 ?

Originally posted by Moulin Rouge

CP doesnt get automatically cancelled when u file 485. However, if the INS requests your file from DOS before you get interviewed, you wont be able to complete the interview at the consulate.

Thanks Moulin ! My lawyer was sure that CP can go on. But my main worry is will INS try to retrieve the file before interview in Aug/Sep timeframe ? any idea how long the INS is taking to retrieve the file ? my lawyer says 6 months (which should be fine for me) .

desigut, you won't get any letter from NVC any more.

By NVC regulations, if you didn't send all required docs after the second RFE letters, they will go ahead to send the file to consulate. I am not sure if the visa number will be ordered. But the interview will function to refuse you. After you provide the missing docs, they will review again and give a final decision, but you must act in one year. Good luck. Don't waste your time.

congrats Manish!!!!!

good that all the cases are getting cleared.
i had called NVC yesterday to see if by any chance they had completed the review, well you know the same answer, 6-8 weeks.

my case details:
sent case to St.L on 6/4/02
NVC rcvd case from St.L 6/21/02
review started on 6/21/02

review not started

As I know, if the operator told you that the review will take 6-8 weeks, it generallymeans the review isn't started yet. If they began to review, for most of the consulates, it will take very short time to do it. Even for Montreal, most cases won't take longer that 2-3 weeks. As my understanding, it is quite impossible for the case to be reviewed just after it is received by NVC.

Also, if you post NVC began to review your P3 on the same day when NVC received it, it will cause confusion and anxiety to other CPers. But I still hope you are right, and I am wrong.

what is the email address to chennai consulate

I am planning to email them regarding instructions for packet four. does anybody know the email to chennai consular wing. when is the best time to email them, my review was completed by nvc on 7/5/2, not sent yet

Last edited by a moderator:
My case sent to Chennai on June 27th.
I sent an email to chennaiiv@state.gov
on July 3rd for possible interview date.
I got a reply on july 5th that they received
my case. Not sure when they received it.

Now I know they received my case, I sent
another email yesterday (july 8th) with
local indian address to receive packet 4.

Packet 3

Hi, folks,
My confirmation letter finally entered the system last Friday. But I'm still hearing the "No operator available" message now. Could anyone tell me when will my packet 3 be created and mailed out to me? Could I expect tommorrow?
thanks.

vincent..

they really are taking a long time to process reconfirmation letter nowadays.. Anyway.. from hereonforth, you will always hear the "no operators" message (as long as all is fine with your case)..

The AVM msg does not change for 'routine' NVC functions like P3 creation etc.. Only if there is something adverse with your case, the AVM will change (Your Case has been sent back to the INS...) and you dont want that to happen :)

Moulin Rouge

Based on previos posts, I thought the message will be changed to sth. like "A packet containing...has been sent to you on ....". I remember I have seen other CPers posting messages regarding these messages.
Am I wrong?
thanks.

vincent..

A very few have.. Most havn't.. My msg hasn't changed from the day that my recon. letter was processed.. So dont worry about it.

TO answer your original q, my P3 was created in 3 business days from recon, sent out the next day, and I received it exactly 7 days later.

anybody approved last week called nvc?

I called today and instead of the standard reply they told me it is getting ready to be sent to chennai this week

Moulin Rouge

You are right. I just called NVC and the operator told me that my P3 has been created on 07/08. Now, approximatly when the P3 will be mailed or it has already been mailed? How could I find that out? The operator told me that she can't see that from the system.
thanks.