140 Denied 3 yrs bachelor degree and 2.5 year diploma

ajaykukreja

I have a Bachelor Degree in Commerce from India and done 2.5 years of Master Diploma in IT. I had over 9 years of experience when my employer filed my GC application. Based on the education evaluation on my bachelor degree and master diploma my qualification is equivalent to US bachelor degree and my employer filed the application in EB2 category. LC got approved but now on 140 I got the denial letter saying the Bachelor degree of beneficiary is not equivalent to US Bachelor degree and Master diploma is also not equivalent to Master degree of US.

My H1 extension is also due. Please suggest what should I do? Is there any chance to get the approval in case of appeal? My H1 is expiring at the end of March 2010 and employer was going to file for the extension for the 7th year and now without appealing the 140 denial can't file the extension either.

Please help.

Hi ajaykukreja,

Could you share how did you solve your problem. I also got similar problem.
Please help.

I had similar situation in EB2, i did get education evaluation paying 1200 dollars, they didnt consider any of those. Filed appeal and was transferred to AAO office, after 2 years now they say they didnt get application on time it seems, so they denied that also.

Filed 2nd one in EB3, again RFE and denial for 3 year degree saying the education details was not correct. Now 3rd 140 is filed and hopefully this time it is going to be fine. I have BSc in computer science, 1 year diploma, 8 year of experience before joining this company.

Congrats on I 140 approval.
All the best,

By any chance do you have any updates on your filed I140 appeal or MTR / 290B of EB-3 ?