140 Approvals in June/July?

talkative

Registered Users (C)
It appears that there's a good flow of 485 approvals from CSC. I was wondering if anybody is receiving 140 approvals at all of late?

Thanks in advance for posting any info about CSC 140 approvals!
~T

140 not moving, in last 4 months around 60-70 onlyapplications moved. In CSC, concentration is main on 485, total injustice for 140 stucked people also 140 is getting more grilled, recently saw 140 denials.

good luck

Thanks,
rb180

All,

This is even more injustice to people who have done concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485. USCIS will adjaculate both of them when both of them are ready. This is totally rubbish.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

I think this is better for concurrent filers. at least they don't have to do anything after both approvals at same time. For CP guys ( or 485 after 140 approved)...there is no progress for last one year. 140 dates are stuck at 7/18 since last 6 months. And they have to go through third step after getting 140 approval.

If that's what CIS is doing with approvals, BOY, they sure can hold it in for a LOOOOOOOOONG time!!

:D :p :D

honeybee said:
All,

This is even more injustice to people who have done concurrent filing of I-140 and I-485. USCIS will adjaculate both of them when both of them are ready. This is totally rubbish.

Thanks,
-Honeybee

honeybee said:
All,

Thanks,
-Honeybee

Where is this memo your referring to? I think it's a rumor... My lawyer doesn't know anything about it and every time I ask for a pointer to the memo, no one can provide one.

Doug.

While I don't trust CSC, I do hope that CSC will start concurrently adjudicating these I-140/I-485s after Aug/Sept. It means that for those those concurrent filers whose I-140s are still pending might get approved by the end of this year.

Just my wishful thought.

Baywatcher

baywatcher,
is there any specific reason why you think CSC starts approving
concurrent apps after aug/sep. or was it just a gut feeling.

~
shyam

this is my wishful thinking. but according to my CSC online message for I-140, it takes between 360 and 450 days to approve my I-140. My I-140 and I-485 were concurrently filed on 9/12/03. the online message for my I-140 used to be 220 days, but it was changed to 360-450 days just a few days before or after the new concurrent adjudication policy was announced.

If the online message was credible, then my guestimate for my GC approval date will be after September this year, maybe longer. but we should see some improvement anyway.

Baywatcher.

baywatcher, what makes you think that the upper limit will stay at 450?
I have a sinking feeling that 450 will turn to 540 or 600 soon.
I had applied for I-140 in May 2003, (EB3) and I-485 in July. I got my EAD and Parole, received RFE for I-140 in April asking for W-2s and company letter that I still work for them. We sent the RFE reply on May 4th and within a couple of days the upper limit changed from 360 to 450.
There's been no response so far. I had done my FP in April, but the I-485 case status has not been updated. It still says that the FP notice was sent on 15th March 2004.
If you ask me, I think that I-140 cases are being dragged on. One can only hope and pray that I am wrong, but I have a strong feeling that we should not judge that it will take more than 450 days. Worst case scenario 750 days!!

setuptofail,
a few questions regarding your RFE
1) did you file I140/I485 as a future employee ?
2) how big is your company ?
3) did you leave the company after filing of I140 ?

regarding the FP, i am also in the same boat as you are. i had notice dated
march 25 and have done my FP during first week of april. But the USCIS site still shows that ' FP notice is already sent.If 14 days have passed and you have not received this notice, you may wish to verify or update your address'
message.
last week i called the National customer service center, they said FP may take this long. when i asked them if they could give me any estimate, they said they cant do it. So, basically they did not provide any new info.

~
crazion

crazion
I am with this 300-employee strong company for the past 5 years and initiated the GC since 2001. I have a very straightforward case. I passed my 6 yrs limit and am still on H1-B. I did not switch working on EAD even though I have it in my possesion and it is my advice to someone reading this forum to work on H1B as long as it takes or at least after the I-140 approval.
IT's no secret that the I-485 cases are very slow in updating on the case tracking website.
I am hearing of some I-140 EB3 cases in Nebraska getting approved in less than 2 weeks nowadays! (Must be part of the pilot program and luck of the draw).

For CA, do not take the upper limit of 450 as gospel truth. They can increase it to 600 or 750 and still say that it will take less than the maximum amount of time to send a written response. (Just hope and pray I am wrong about this)
I hear of cases where people receive another RFE for I-140 to ask for updated company info/ability to pay/evaluation of education/updated professional expertise etc.
It is likely that some of us may receive another RFE sometime in the future or if all goes well, you can expect an approval of I-140 within 15 months or so.

Another piece of advise if some of your cases are transferred to the local office for I-485: Do not leave the country or the place of residence for more than a week.
Someone whom I know got a letter from BCIS 3 days before his interview date stating that he/family should go for the final interview and if he didn't it would be considered abandoned. Luckily for him he was not out of the country or gone to another location for training!

setuptofail said:
crazion
Someone whom I know got a letter from BCIS 3 days before his interview date stating that he/family should go for the final interview and if he didn't it would be considered abandoned.

Perhaps they are trying to discourage people from applying for PR or deny them PR by using these tactics, slowing down all I-140 and I-485, issuing multiple RFEs,not adjudicating faster after receiving replies to RFEs, people losing their H1Bs by completing their 6-year limits,leading to frustrations and people going back to their countries!

Why dont they just stop all immigration?? :mad:

Actually they are creating more jobs by sending RFEs. By law they have to process and complete your application one day. So if millions of applications are pending then they have no other choice rather than clearing it out. Thye have pressure and frustration too.

My guess would be they are trying to reduce the 485 processing time to the FY04 target of 20-months. Once 485 backlog reduces to 20 months, they will hopefully start approving 140's (and concurrently processing 485's).

That way, they would have acheived the goal of reducing 485 backlog to 20-months in FY 2004, AND they would prevent it from growing anymore by concurrently approving 140 and 485s after reaching the FY04 target.

So if this theory holds water, then we should see:

a->Till October 04, only backlogged 485s being approved
b->Till October 04, no new 140 approvals (except for EB2 pilot program)
c->In October 04, the 485 backlog reduces to 20 months
d->Post October 04, new 140+485 concurrent approvals
e->Post October 04, backlogged 485 approvals, but at a slower rate than we saw in (a) because they need to only make sure backlog doesn't grow
f->Sometime in mid FY05, 485 backlog begins reducing to below 20 months to meet their ultimate 6-month goal.

So far, it appears that (a) and (b) have happened, and the updated processing time to 360-450 days seem to agree with this. So unless their backlog reduction plan slips schedule, in 360-450 days, it seems like the current concurrent filers with 140/485 pending should start getting approvals of both applications.

This is my wishful thinking guesstimate. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi
My lawyer applied my 140/485 on 25th of June. I did not receive my RD yet. Do you guys know how long does it take to get one.
Also, can you tell me if I will receive any letter or will it be sent to my lawyer only?
Thanks

THis is what I think is going to happen:

1)Oct 2004 , i140 message changes from "360-450" to "451 to 540" days to process this kind of application.

2)Post Oct 2004, some time in Jan 2005, message changes from "451 to 540" days to "541 to 630 days to process this kind of application".

3)Some time in Mar 2005, it changes to "we've received your application and it will be processed soon".

Thats my guesstimage :rolleyes: