140/485/765/131

concurrent filing

techy2468 said:
ravinka....every application is treated independently.....and its weird that the decided to seperate your spouse app from yours...

and it depends on your case officer, if he is a lazy one or with lots of load...he will need more time......

I have just got my labor approved and i am ready to file 140/485/ead/ap.But my attorney said he will file 140/485.Does he need to file ead/ap first or i can file?Any inputs.Also my case will go to Nebraska service center. how many days does it take for approval of ead/ap.Any inputs.

chocolate you should have started a new thread, that way you would have got more replies..

I think you can file all of them together.....but some people prefer to file I-140/485 and wait for the receipt then file EAD & AP.....(15-30 days delay in EAD & AP)

every EB case goes to nebraska.....from there it may go to Texas......it takes around 10-100 days for EAD & AP (i got my EAD in 8 days though....but i am still waiting for my AP)

what is USCIS Notice Date?

I filed I485/131/765 on 8/15/06, and got receipt# on 9/15/06. However when I checked the online case status according to the receipt#. They are said " We received your application on 9/13/06..." Is 9/13/06 my receipt date? Or notice date? Or USCIS enter my dates wrong? THanks!

Hi Friends,

I got RFE on EAD.. :mad: Simply waiting to get the letter to know the reason. Its really bothering me a lot...But luckily, my husband got his EAD approved..

Ravinka

Medical exam?

i needed to know whether the medical exam required to file 140/485 is covered under medical insurance.I am looking to send all the documents required and take the medical exam when i get a rfe. Can i do that?Is the medical exam required for ead/ap too. Any inputs.

Medical Exams

i needed to know whether the medical exam required to file 140/485 is covered under medical insurance

I had talked to couple USCIS certified physicians about same and they had told me that I will have to pay out of my pocket. However I went to my pcp (under medical insurance) for vaccinations (MMR, Varicella and Tetnus) and my insurance covered all of them.

Additional info

osheth said:
I had talked to couple USCIS certified physicians about same and they had told me that I will have to pay out of my pocket. However I went to my pcp (under medical insurance) for vaccinations (MMR, Varicella and Tetnus) and my insurance covered all of them.

Maybe i will also do that. How much is it a necessity that i go to USCIS certified physicians.?What are all the check ups to be done for medical exam ?

blood test, X-ray and vaccination (if you dont have proof for your vaccination). you have to go to USCIS certified physicians for all these things to be done.

Ravinka

Chocolate said:
Maybe i will also do that. How much is it a necessity that i go to USCIS certified physicians.?What are all the check ups to be done for medical exam ?

hi!

i just want to share my experience on the medical exam. the USCIS certified physician recommended that we went to the county clinic for the shots as he did not have the required vaccines at that time. We paid $10 per person in the family regardless of how many shots were given. The physician's staff told me that if we got it from them, it could have cost more per shot versus the $10/person. So we went to the county clinic and brought back the shot records to the physician.

Ravinka, please let us know about your RFE when you get it. I dont know when I will get the next update on my application, maybe next week or next year, but this forum really helps us know what to anticipate next. thanks a lot.

I need help

I been in the USA for about 26 years illegelly. I been here since the age of 5 years old. i am married to a USC for for 2 months now. and we want to apply for my GC. But the lawyer said i need to file I-130, can someone plz tell me, if they wll send me back to my Country?

thank you

AP approved

Hi Friends,

Happy to inform you all that our AP got approved for both of us today... :D

Ravinka

Who gets the notice, Attorney or Me?

Hi folks,

I am about to file for my I-140/I-485/EAD/AP in the next few days. :)

My question is, once my employer's attorney does the filing, do I get any
correspondance from USCIS directly mailed out to me, OR all notices,
correspondances are sent only to the attorney and I get nothing at all?

Please let me know. Thank you :)

NJDude

NJDude said:
My question is, once my employer's attorney does the filing, do I get any
correspondance from USCIS directly mailed out to me, OR all notices,
correspondances are sent only to the attorney and I get nothing at all?

All Receipt Notices would go to your attorney. You would receive Biometrics notice directly from USCIS. Here are two good website you should know about - http://www.trackitt.com/ and https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/jsps/selectusertype.jsp with later being USCIS online status tracking website

Ravinka said:
Hi Spiicy and emcuse....

May I know ur status now? I didn't see ur post for a long time..

first of all, let me congratulate you on your 140 approval! i just tried to forget about all these and try to "enjoy" the EADs (both husband and me already got it) - counting the blessings as they say, and so i seldom log in here or surf the web concerning AOS. i havent heard anything about my family's application yet (140 & 485) and also ignored the non-movement of our LUDs. we went for code 2 biometrics on November 15 but see no change in LUDs, (still the receipt date) so i'm trying hard to be optimistic that good news will just come in due time or by surprise. to think that we were lucky to have been able to file the 485, and got the EAD is a blessing enough. i trust that we will all get the approval someday.

but upon learning about your 140 approval, i can't help to be excited - at the same time trying to calm myself down to avoid anxiety - #$%(#&*$^)*@#^ waiting really makes me crazy!!! i'm really happy for you, and also happy to know that things are somehow moving and happening.

happy new year!

Hi,

Happy new year,,,..May all your dreams come true in this new year. We all expect for the new bill from the govt. Dont worry...Everything will be fine soon..

emcuse said:
first of all, let me congratulate you on your 140 approval! i just tried to forget about all these and try to "enjoy" the EADs (both husband and me already got it) - counting the blessings as they say, and so i seldom log in here or surf the web concerning AOS. i havent heard anything about my family's application yet (140 & 485) and also ignored the non-movement of our LUDs. we went for code 2 biometrics on November 15 but see no change in LUDs, (still the receipt date) so i'm trying hard to be optimistic that good news will just come in due time or by surprise. to think that we were lucky to have been able to file the 485, and got the EAD is a blessing enough. i trust that we will all get the approval someday.

but upon learning about your 140 approval, i can't help to be excited - at the same time trying to calm myself down to avoid anxiety - #$%(#&*$^)*@#^ waiting really makes me crazy!!! i'm really happy for you, and also happy to know that things are somehow moving and happening.

happy new year!

My LC was approved in Sep 2006. Our lawyer is telling us that I can not file
140/485/765/131 together since I dont have 5+ years experience. I have exectly 5 years experience (first job started in Jun 1996 and joined company who has filed for GC on June 2001) And I have 3 years bechlors degree. Is this a problem, law firm is not even ready to sign the form, My HR is doing all paperwork by himself but he is also just filing for my I-140.

Please advice....

Hi emcuse and spiicy,

I am approved......Thanks for your support.......All the best for you guys.......