140/485/765/131

sumathireddy

Registered Users (C)
Hello ,

I have filed for 140/485/765/131 (NSC) on July 28th .I didn't get any reciept numbers .How long does it take to get any acknowledgement from INS?

Thanks

i guess you should check your bank account online whether the checks have been encashed..The receipt numberes are normally there onthe back side of the cheque copy..It takes aorund 10 to 15 days i think...

Sumathi,

My sister did her concurrent filing on Aug 8th 06 to NSC. How ever, there is no way for her to see whether the checks have been cashed or not because her law firm paid the fees which was invoiced to her employer. The lawyer told to hang tight for atleast 3 to 4 weeks before any thing comes up. NSC might ship your case to TSC depending on their case load. In that case it will take all 4 weeks. You should be hearing any time soon now. let us know once you get the response numbers from the Service Center so that we can estimate the time.

Thanks

H1Bdude said:
Sumathi,

My sister did her concurrent filing on Aug 8th 06 to NSC. How ever, there is no way for her to see whether the checks have been cashed or not because her law firm paid the fees which was invoiced to her employer. The lawyer told to hang tight for atleast 3 to 4 weeks before any thing comes up. NSC might ship your case to TSC depending on their case load. In that case it will take all 4 weeks. You should be hearing any time soon now. let us know once you get the response numbers from the Service Center so that we can estimate the time.

Thanks
I got my reciept numbers from my Attorney's office today after I asked for them.Notice date for all of them was Aug 10th.All of them started with LIN so Nebraska would be processing my cases.I would suggest your sister to contact her attorney's office.

receipt number

My lawyer sent the package on 8/14, but he have not got any receipt number yet. :mad: :mad: :mad: How long will it take to get receipt number? Will the package be lost?

sumathireddy said:
Hello ,

I have filed for 140/485/765/131 (NSC) on July 28th .I didn't get any reciept numbers .How long does it take to get any acknowledgement from INS?

Thanks
When you say that you filed 140/485/765/131 on the same date to NSC. I am assuming that you filed concurrently. I was not aware that you can filed for EAD and Advance Parole at the same time along with the 140/485. Is that the case? Please advise.

Tempusfugit, you had applied concurrently, but still some applications processed by TSC and one by NSC? You are lucky to have some applications to get processed by TSC. I am unfortunate that NSC decided to process mine.

For all the experts, I have one question. I had filed concurrently during 1st week of August. I got the receipts only during the second week of September (finally). But still there is no receipt for my husband's EAD yet whereas there is the receipt for my EAD. How is that possible even when all were filed together? Does it mean there might be some problem?

- Katrinas

Would anyone knowing about this? I had filed concurrently during 1st week of August. I got the receipts only during the second week of September (finally). But still there is no receipt for my husband's EAD yet whereas there is the receipt for my EAD. How is that possible even when all were filed together? Does it mean there might be some problem for my husband's EAD?

Katrinas

katrinas....you have filed almost 50 days back.......if you have not got any Receipt for all applications time to get in touch with uscis.......please update the status.

Receipt notice and EAD

Hi friends,

I have filed for I-140/485/765/131 (NSC) on Sep 15 2006. There is no receipt notice yet. I am here as a H4 visa holder. I am a registered nurse(completed NCLEX). My husband is H1B visa holder. But we have filed for me and my husband together. Bit worried about receipt notice. And also want to know how long it may take to get EAD for me and my husband?

Help me. Thanks in Advance.

Ravinka.

ravinka.....did your checks get cashed yet??..........sounds like it may take 3-5 weeks to get the receipt...

and it may take 30-50 days for you to get EAD (current average trend..).

check was paid by law firm

Hi,

There is no way for me to see whether the checks have been cashed or not because my law firm paid the fees. Anyway waiting to hear the good news..

Thanks and keep post your advice.

Ravinka

Hi everyone,
My husband and i filed for EAD/AP/I-140/I-485 concurrently on sept 1, 2006 under schedule A category in nebraska and our case was transfered to TSC. We got approved for the EAD and AP with 2 or three weeks (september 25 and 27, 2006) and had our biometrics on sept 22. 2006. Lately i have been hearing that the schedule A visas run out in oct/nov and if they do we will have to wait for a long time. Do you think this will affect us even though our case is in progress? and how fast do you think it take the TSC to approve the I-140 and I-485 under schedule A. I recently checked the processing dates and it showed march 20, 2006. Do we have a chance? If there are any experiences please share it with me,
Thanks
Rachel

spiicy......i think there is a bit of worry....because when Schedule A visas runs out....you will be converted to EB3-ROW (rest of the world) which is not current right now (stuck somewhere in 2002) but its suppose to move at a faster rate....that means your 485 may not be approved immediately but my guess is that it should not take more than 10-15 months....

Hi Spiicy,

I am also in same situation. But we filed it on sep 15 to NSC. but no receipt notice yet. May I know when did you receive your receipt notice? We r also waiting for EAD. How did you know that your case is transfered to TSC?

Ravinka

Ravinka said:
Hi Spiicy,

I am also in same situation. But we filed it on sep 15 to NSC. but no receipt notice yet. May I know when did you receive your receipt notice? We r also waiting for EAD. How did you know that your case is transfered to TSC?

Ravinka

It says so on the receipt and the registration number als comfirms it. It is an SRC number which is the one they use in texas. Like i said we did the finger printing and got my EAD and AP approved that same month we filed our case. I don't know but i have some faith we might get it soon and might not even join the EB3 cos i heard the TSC works on cases faster.