11 months after filing I-90...still no biometrics....

Kris73

Registered Users (C)
Hi there,

I e- filed an I-90 back in July 05.
My application is obviously stuck at TSC.
The last notice I did receive back in NOV. says they need up to 275 days to process the application.
I am getting little impatient here.

Should I inquire in writing? The phone no. on the notice is out of order and the customer service line is useless.

Any ideas??

Kris73 said:
Hi there,

I e- filed an I-90 back in July 05.
My application is obviously stuck at TSC.
The last notice I did receive back in NOV. says they need up to 275 days to process the application.
I am getting little impatient here.

Should I inquire in writing? The phone no. on the notice is out of order and the customer service line is useless.

Any ideas??
1 send the form G-731 to service center

2 Contact your Congressman/senator office, provide them all details on cover letter, your Name, DOB, A#, address, I-90 filing date(attach the copy of I-90 filing reciept). wait for 10 days and then again contact Congressman office. you have to be after them.

3 Contact Office of the Ombudsman

Hon. Prakash Khatri
Ombudsman
Office of the Ombudsman
U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services
Department of Homeland Security
Washington, DC 20528

email: Prakash.Khatri@dhs.gov
his central office email:CISO@DHS.gov
Please send your response to office by mail at the above address or by electronic mail to: cisombudsman@dhs.gov.

I too had filed in July'05 (with card never received reason) and I got a letter from TSC asking me to file again with card stolen reason. I applied on 1st februaly 2006 and got a biometrics appt letter 2 weeks ago. My appt is this saturday (06/10/2006).

Please proceed as ginnu suggested.

Can some one pls tell me what are the required documents for biometric?

- ID, appt letter, etc

Do we need to take any other documents like lease documents (proof), police report etc?

Thanks

cpzinga:

You will need take with you the following:

1. Biometrics notice - ORIGINAL
2. Your passport - ORIGINAL
3. Drivers License
4. SSN card

A couple of months ago, my wife went for I90 biometrics and she took
the above documents and she was okay.

In fact, these days, I485 biometric appts are finished faster than GC renewal/I90 biometric appts. It is because, the FP processing centers verify with law enforcement agencies (FBI, state law enforcements etc) about the
person b4 taking up FP. This procedure normally take between 3-4 hours.
This was in Dallas,TX. I hope this the same situation with other Centers.
So, be prepared to spend some good amount of time at the Center.

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//
ps: I am not a lawyer and not planning to be one. Consulting a competent attorney is a good idea.

I90 Card lost/stolen

Actually, USCIS sent the card to our old address and so she never received it. When we sent out I90 initially that "the card was never received", USCIS sent the letter back to us that they had mailed the card to the old address and that we have to file I90 as "card lost/stolen".

Thanks,

I will inquire with TSC in writing first.

Maybe they need me to re- file too.

Howdy_Howdy,
Mine is similar case. But only diff. is I haven't changed my address - not sure how did it get lost. My wife got it however. Out postman might have sent mine back as my name was not listed on our mailbox.

So even your wife's case was with 'card stolen' reason - you didn't have to present police report right? because when i went to police dept. they didn't take the report. Please confirm this.

Thanks,
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I90 Card lost/stolen

Actually, USCIS sent the card to our old address and so she never received it. When we sent out I90 initially that "the card was never received", USCIS sent the letter back to us that they had mailed the card to the old address and that we have to file I90 as "card lost/stolen".

cpzinga:

I don't think one needs police report to file I90 with the clause "card lost/stolen". Atleast we DIDN'T FILE police complaint in our situation.

IN my wife's case, I didn't want to invite troubles. So, what I did was, I let my wife call up USCIS last year (Sep 05 I guess) and got the word from
the rep that the card was mailed to our old address. Also, when we asked the rep would it be possible for USCIS to issue another card to the new address and the rep said that, once the mail (containing the card) is
returned by the Post Office to USCIS, they would resend the card to our new address.

So, we waited for two more months and lost our patience and filed I90 with a clause "card never received". As a response to that letter, we got the info back from USCIS saying that the card was never returned to USCIS by the Post Office so they told us to file I90 with the clause "card lost/stolen".

And we did the way USCIS wanted us to file I90 and my wife got the card in two months time.

I wanted to have documentary evidence from USCIS that we did this as they wanted us to do, as otherwise, you know pretty
much about USCIS right? One rep would say something and the other would say totally a different thing. I didn't want any confusion/stress due to this.
Hence I took this method.

I would say, go ahead and file I90 "card never received" and see what happens. Normally USCIS will respond in 2-3 weeks time for these filings.

Good luck
howdy_howdy
//
ps: I am not a lawyer and not planning to be one. Consulting a competent attorney is advised.

Thanks Howdy_Howdy,

Actually I had e-filed with 'card never received' reason (In July, 2005) then I got a letter from CIS asking me to file i-90 again with 'card stolen' reason. Then I e-filed on Feb 1st, 06 - for which I got bio metrics appt for tomorrow. So mine is same as your wife's case.

I will need to take the response from CIS for first i-90 also.

Am I correct?

cpzinga:

It is not necessary to take the initial response from USCIS for biometrics. Atleast in my wife's case, she didn't take that document. We thought that she would be called for interview (like as in I551 stamping interview) but that
never happened. So, the original response was never used nor useful in any sense, as opposed to what we actually thought :D

Take these docs with you for the bio:

1. Biometrics notice
2. Your passport
3. Drivers License
4. SSN card

(all of the above in ORIGINALS)

Good luck and one more thing, as I had mentioned in the earlier posting, expect delay at the Center... In fact, when my wife went for bio, she gave her the details and waited for like 2 hours. I lost patience on it and went inside to ask one of the persons taking FP. He told me that due to security measures (the app center calls FBI/CIA/local law enforecement authorities to verify criminal issues with the applicant waiting in line to give FP) it may take up to 3-4 hours. I got pi**ed off, so I asked him why in the first place they didn't inform us. After that, he came out to the waiting area and told everyone the reason and gave us the liberty of either waiting on that day and finish it up OR come the next day, if one cannot wait to get the FP done on that specific day. Nevertheless whenever she went, she would have had to wait for 3-4 hours before getting FP done.

howdy_howdy
//
ps: I am not an attorney and not planning to be one. Consulting a competent attorney is advised.

Howdy_Howdy,

Thanks.

I just finished my biometrics. It took me 45 minutes for whole process. They took my fingerprints and photograph. They gave my appt. letter back (with signatures and stamp).

For some people they gave a temporary green card (may be those people were to replace their cards).

However, they told me to wait for 6 months for new card. Am I supposed to wait for 6 months or will I get in a month?

cpzinga said:
Howdy_Howdy,

Thanks.

I just finished my biometrics. It took me 45 minutes for whole process. They took my fingerprints and photograph. They gave my appt. letter back (with signatures and stamp).

For some people they gave a temporary green card (may be those people were to replace their cards).

However, they told me to wait for 6 months for new card. Am I supposed to wait for 6 months or will I get in a month?

------------may be you will get the Card early.
please post your details for I-90 filing for others

why did filed the I-90, what was wrong on the Card
I-90 filing date
Documents sent with I-90
Service center
reciept of I-90 filing date
reciept date of FP notice
Biomatric done

Ginnu,

Thanks.

why did filed the I-90, what was wrong on the Card

I filed my i-90 because I never received card. I e-filed in July 05 (USCIS sent the card in 2004 but it was lost in mail) with the reason 'Card Never Recd'. They sent me a letter asking me to file i-90 again with reason 'Card Stolen'. Because in my case, the card was sent by CIS and since I lost it in mail, it was not CIS's responsibility. So I e-filed again on 02/01/2006 with 'Card Stolen' reason. Got a biometrics appt letter 2 weeks ago and the appointment date was on 06/10/2006 (as you know from my previous post). I haven't sent any documents with I-90. I went to local police asking for police report but they said they would not take such complaints etc etc.. Initially it was texas who used to respond to my forms/enquiries. Second i-90 I got response (and letter of appt) from MSC (benefits center). However I belong to Vermont center. May be because mine is CP case, they processed it instead of vermont.

I-90 filing date
Documents sent with I-90
Service center
reciept of I-90 filing date
reciept date of FP notice
Biomatric done

renew 10 years expiring green card

Would anyone tell me how long I will receive the biometrics appointment letter recently? I am in fremont, California.

Thanks,