“Change of Address” and EAD extension

sub_labor

Registered Users (C)
I got laid off and changed employer recently. I want send “Change of Address” to INS. Can I give new employer info with out filing for AC21?

I applied I-485 at Nebraska Service Center. Now I am living in DC. When I file for EAD extension, Which Service center I should apply (Nebraska or Vermount)?

Yes you can. But BCIS might smell it.
As long as the application has not been transferred to vermont, you have to keep applying with nebraska

Jaxen: does he/she have to transfer his/her pending I -485 to the new process center? Can people report the address change without transfering an applicaton? Normally transfeing means more processing time and more opportunities for BCIS screwing things up.

U do not have ask for a transfer of the case from Nebraska to Vermont. This depends on the adjudication officer. He can within his purview decide whether to transfer the case or not when your case comes up for decision.

For EAD extension apply to Nebraska.

Apply EAD extension at NSC

I am in simillar situation. My original I-485 is pending with CSC, but my new employer applied for my EAD extension at NSC. After long wait, when it came to decision, the immi. officer at NSC transferred my case to CSC. Even I applied on April 15th the current status of my case shows up they(CSC) recieved my app. on June 27th and it will take 120 to 140 days ...........

So, my advice apply at NEBRASKA only in your case.

Please help to fill “Change of Address” form for the following questions.
1) status in US
2) Alien number
3) My stay in US expires on
thanks

Transferred cases

Folks,

Does anyone have any info on the success rate of AC21 applications where it also involves a move from the original service center to another one, vs. using AC21 while staying in the area serviced by the original BCIS center? Same for having to use AR11...

I think that both of these things have a possibility for causing problems in the application, but how grave is the problem?? Do people who have moved states using AC21 have any input?

Thanks,
Usimmgr.