“Action required” info of Project Ocean.

karma_yoga

Registered Users (C)
This thread is for “action required” info of Project Ocean.

1. Go to www.congress.org
2. Type in your zip code (preferably complete 9 digit) and get contact info(email + Washington DC office address + Main district office address ) of your 2 senator and Representative.
3. Please find copy of petition here: Print 3 copies.
http://www.immigrationportal.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=592399
4. Find sample of coverage letters attached as shown below. Select your sample or
create your own. Print 3 copies.
5. Send Petition + cover letter to 2 senators and One HR by post at main district or local office address.
6. Send petition and cover letter by email to 2 senators and One HR.
7. Send Petition and cover letter by Fax at Washington office to 2 senators and One HR. You can use real fax machine or internet based free fax service. Info attached below.
8. Feel proud.

##########################################
Note 1: Each state gets 2 Senators and Many or one Representatives depending on population of state. Roughly 600,000 population area is one congressional district. For eg. CA has 53 congressional districts. So you have 2 senators and one House of Representative to represent you in Congress.

Note 2: It is better to send letter to main district office and not at Washington office as it is recommended for delay related to Anthrax issue. But sending a Fax at Washington office will definitely get more attention.

Note 3: You can follow detail discussion about project Ocean at:
http://www.immigrationportal.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99973

cover letter sample 1:

originally posted at VSC forum)

Here is my sample letter:

October 8, 2003

Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren
Washington D.C. Office
102 Cannon House Office Building
Washington, DC 20515-0515
Fax: (202) 225-3336

RE: Petition about Immigration Benefits Backlog

Dear Congresswoman Zoe Lofgren;

I am one of Employment based I-485 applicants suffering from the current processing delay at the California Service Center of the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Service, and also a member of one of the largest legal worker's online immigrant community ImmigrationPortal.Com. Attached is our petition about Immigration Benefits Backlog.

... (your own statement if any) ...

Sincerely,

(your signature)

(your name)
(your residential address)
(your contact information)

cover letter sample 2:
sample letter to Babara Boxer)

ImmigrationPortal.Com
5225 N. Wilson Blvd. Arlington VA 22205
Phone: (703) 908-4800
United for Dignity, Equality and Acceptance

October 27, 2003

Senator Barbara Boxer
United States Senate
112 Hart Senate Office Building
Washington, D.C. 20510-0505
Phone: (202) 224-3553
Fax: (415) 956-6701

RE: Petition by ImmigrationPortal.Com

Dear U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer;

I am one of Employment based I-485 applicants suffering from the current processing delay at the California Service Center of the Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Service, and also a member of one of the largest legal worker's online immigrant community ImmigrationPortal.Com. You will soon receive our petition and the list of signatures from one of member of our community in California.

Could you please take our petition into your consideration, especially request the Director of California Service Center to allocate (at least) fifteen adjudicators dedicated to EB I-485 so that the backlog would not grow more than two years of the current backlog ?

It is acceptable that CIS filing fees would be reasonably increased for the fund to allocate EB I-485 dedicated adjudicators.

Best regards,

(your signature)

(your name)

How to send Free internet fax:

Method 1:

Free Fax Service(especially to Washington D.C area):
1. Get Fax numbers of The Honorable Senators and The Honorable House of Representatives
http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/
2. Follow http://www.tpc.int/verify.html and Put in your destination fax number to check coverage.
3. On the check coverage page, you will find email equivalent of fax number.

Method 2:

1. Get Fax numbers of The Honorable Senators and The Honorable House of Representatives
http://www.visi.com/juan/congress/
2. use this link to send fax. http://www.metrofax.net/

* * * FAX petition to House Policy Committee & House Immigration Sub-committee * * *

Please join Edison's following FAX campaign.
* * * FAX petition to House Policy Committee & House Immigration Sub-committee * * *
Once you faxed, please post your message on that thread.

Here is my sample cover letter to Subcommitee on Immigration.
-kashmir

ImmigrationPortal.Com

November 7, 2003

U.S. House of Representatives
Committee on the Judiciary
Subcommittee on Immigration, Border Security, and Claims
B-370B Rayburn HOB
Washington, DC 20515-6217
Phone: (202) 225-5727
(Republicans) Fax: (202) 225-3672
(Democrats) Fax: (202) 225-1845

RE: Amendment of INA and Congresswoman Anna Eshoo

Dear Members of Subcommittee on Immigration;

I am one of Employment based I-485 applicants suffering from the current huge backlog at the US Citizenship and Immigration Service, and also a member of one of the largest legal worker's online immigrant community -- ImmigrationPortal.Com. Attached is our Immigration Benefits Backlog Petition.

I have been working with my representative Congresswoman Anna Eshoo's office for a couple of months, especially for sixth request of our petition to amend the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for Naturalization requirements.

Could you please take our petition into consideration and support Congresswoman Anna Eshoo ?

Best regards,
(my signature)
(my name)
(my address)

Last edited by a moderator:
I just mail out the cover letter and 8-page petition to Dianne Feinstein and will send to Mrs Boxer and Mr Honda tomorrow.

BUMP for visibility!

Come on people support the cause. Faxing a letter doesn't take more than 5 mins of your time. Become the catalyst of change that you always bitch and moan about. This is your best hope to get approvals! Work with us!

(will delete as soon as there is another post on this thread)

GUYS

WE NEED TO DO SOMETHING ABOUT I-140 AS WELL, THAT IS TAKING foREVER THESE DAYS. WITHOUT I-140 approval, one cannot even change companies.

Get Don Neufeld's commitment by Christmas holidays !!

(originally posted at Project Ocean main thread)

Please fax to the House of Representative in your congressional district .
Also, visit your representative's district office to talk directly with a staff.
Then, post your experience at Project Ocean main thread.

Our targets are:
1) 5 Congressional members write to Don Neufeld, Director of CSC.
2) get Don Neufeld's commitment through 2 Congressional offices by 12/24/2003.

This week is very important !!

As you know from a couple of sources,
a representative from CSC told at the AILA liaison meeting that additional personnels had been allocated to reduce the processing times for I-485s to within one year in the next six months.
However, we don't want such a prediction or an expectation from CSC, but we need a commitment from Don Neufeld, Director of CSC through several Congressional offices.
Anna Eshoo (D CA 14th) and Mike Honda (D CA 15th) have written to Don Neufeld.
Now, I am working with Senators' offices, Barbara Boxer and Dianne Feinstein.

Several groups have already started contacting Congresspersons at other service centers' area, too.
Again, as this campaign is specific to CSC, I enourage every CSC applicants to participate.
Because CIS budget is limited, if other service centers get more budget, we have less chance to get approved like FY2003.
-kashmir

Also, visit your representative's district office to talk directly with a staff.

(sample letter)

ImmigrationPortal.Com

December 1, 2003

Congressman XXXXX XXXXX
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
Washington, DC 20510-XXXX
Phone: (202) 22X-XXXX
Fax: (202) 22X-XXXX

RE: Request to Don Neufeld, Director of CSC, to allocate EB I-485 dedicated resources

Dear Congressman XXXXX XXXXX;

I am one of Employment based (EB) I-485 applicants suffering from the current processing delay at the California Service Center (CSC) of the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Service (USCIS), and also a member of one of the largest legal worker's online immigrant community -- ImmigrationPortal.Com.

The backlog of EB I-485 reached almost two years at the CSC, and it has been still growing. Security Checks are always used as an excuse. However, Naturalization backlog decreased 11% compared to one years ago. I wonder if it is really a matter of Security Checks. Not only Naturalization, among major types of applications at the CSC, only the EB I-485 backlog has been significantly growing. It must be the discrimination by the U.S. Government against innocent EB I-485 applicants such as legal workers paying tax and their dependents.

Could you please write to Don Neufeld, Director of CSC, to allocate adjudicators dedicated to EB I-485 so that the backlog would not grow more than two years ?

Best regards,

(your signature)

(your name)

ead approval message

Hi All,

I saw EAD approval message on 04/09/04 (both mine and my wife's)in BCIS status site. My company atternoy filed all my I 140/I485/EAD/AP on 11/26/03. EB3

could any body give the information for following questions. I would appreciate

a) Once I reaced the the cards what is the next step to do with my card and my wife card. present i do not want use my card.

b) my wife should use to get SSN and driving licence. once she used that card what about her H4 status (preset we applied for ext for H1 and H4)

c) Once she used that card is there any effect to my H1 status.

d) still is there any chance to get the query or deny to I 140. and is there any chance to faster to my I 140 case.

Thanks.