‘First name’ is different in passport and birth certificate?

mathu1

From India – living in USA . I am in H4 Visa and my husband is in H1 Visa. Company he works for is in the process of applying for Green Card (I-485). He got his I-140 before marriage.

My school certificates, passport, current visa and everything has SAME name, except my birth certificate.

So, I got 2 names say, ‘name1’ & ‘name2’. My birth certificate has ‘name1’, rest of the papers has ‘name2’ and I always go by ‘name2’ including my signatures.

Will I have any issue while going for I-485 application process?

How do I fix this in India ? I came to know that birth certificate name can’t be changed. What are all my options in case if I want to continue with my ‘name2’ and not birth certificate ‘name1’?

I am not sure this has any importance, anyways; part of the name (one word) is same in birth certificate and rest of the papers.

Thanks for any inputs/directions.

Get an affidavit of birth from 2 older relatives who are aware of your birth and can also vouch for your name1 and name2 (Affidavit can state something like "person name2 was also known as name1 at birth.."). The relatives can be parents or uncles/aunts.