N
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Hi
    I would like to know the outcome of your appeal? I am also planning to apply for my N400 and have about 7 traffic citations (2 speeding int he last 5 years, the other 5 very minor, beyond 6 years as of now and one of them was dismissed by judge (expired registration in VA)). But I am very worried if this will have a negative outcome on my case? Not sure if I need to disclose them on the N-400 application. Please let me know the outcome of your appeal.
    Thanks
    TSR
    I don't think you should be worried that much. All the people I've spoken to have told me that my case was a very rare exception. In other words, traffic tickets are never a big issue when it comes to naturalization (unless they are outstanding). If you however feel that you need to be on the safe side, you can use an attorney when you decide to apply. Also, the only tickets that would be considered are those that fall within the statutory period (5 years for most people), so that means your older tickets shouldn't count.
    Some people also highly recommend not putting traffic tickets on your application and only disclosing them if asked during the interview. You should however still carry with you prove that all the tickets were paid, just in case.
    Either way, I think you'll be just fine.

Yes, I used an attorney for my appeal. I'll definitely let you know how things turn out.
    And all of them except the one which was dismissed were paid right away. For the last one, I am planning to have them dismissed somehow. So nothing will be outstanding.
    No, I am going to apply in may next year. I am just worried. Please do let me know how it turns out. Did you do a lawyer this time? Any suggestion for me. I have a total of 5 tickets over the last 10 years. The first one was riding a bicycle without a light at night 10 years ago. Then a ticket for turning left when not allowed 9 years ago which was dismissed because I argued the sign wasn't very obvious. In the last 5 years, I have two speeding tickets (45/35 and 40/30). These were two years apart. Now I have another one which is for not keeping enough distance from the car in the front, which was result of bumping into a car which had braked and I couldn't brake in time. This was a minor accident while merging right with a very slow speed. I am worried sick. Any suggestions?
    Hi, I followed your case relating to n-400. Did you appeal? What happened of it, if you don't mind me asking? I have a similar case, and am worried. Thanks in advance.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…