J
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• hi everyone, i need help... anybody who knows someone like my case? please advise.. i am a greencard holder and now eligible to apply for citizenship. i have no criminal records and my paper is clean and neat. i have not applied for citizenship because i come across a problem.. in the questionaire for citizenship part 10 number 2.. the question is "have you ever registered to vote in any federal state or local elections?"

i never realized that i am a registered voter. i just received an election mail in jan of 08.. i called the board of elections office to ask.. they told me that i registered sometime in 2003... i told them that i just arrived usa in 2003... it was then that i accidentally registered, in the DMV when i applied for state ID.... being new in the US, i did not know that what i was asked by the processor is to register as a voter.. all the while i thought i was just applying for my state id...

i went to the board of elections and requested them to delete my name from the list of registered voters... so they deleted my name upon my request.... the board of elections gave me a certificate which states that "i requested for the deletion of my name from the list of registered voters" the certificate also states that "NO VOTING HISTORY"... having this certificate gives me a relief, but being a registered voter by mistake holds me back from applying for my citizenship...

please advise.. is there a grounds for romoval/deportation just for registering as a voter but never voted??? should i proceed with my citizenship application?
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…