• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Just wondering for folks whose number is still not current for July, is there much hope left? Would the case be moving fast enough even if it becomes current in August? Would yall stay in the line?

Last edited:
Just wondering for folks whose number is still not current for July, is there much hope left? Would the case be moving fast enough even if it becomes current in August? Would yall stay in the line?
Take a look at the historic VB chart to get an idea.

There were cases that submitted in September and were approved, and there have been cases whose background checks was not completed while they submitted their application months before the end of FY. So, no telling.

Hi Mum
I changed my username now to match the AOS timeline sheet: milkypantz, line 29.

Quick summary: AF14000 case number, did biometrics on 27 February and haven't heard anything since. I am seeing people with much higher case numbers already either get their interview date or get it waived. I'm starting to get worried - there's only 4 months left and it's been 3 months since anything meaningful has happened.
About 4 weeks ago I had to file for an Advanced Parole document to travel out of the country. I received the document but didn't end up traveling and now I wonder if my case will stay in limbo because they expect me to travel?

Any suggestions? Why is nothing happening on my case and other people who started much later than me are already done :(

Best,

I tried to request a Tier 2 call back 2 times this week through Emma but all I got back was "Your case is under normal processing time, you should continue to wait". Then they attached links to know the average processing time of cases in different locations. I also made the USCIS call but could not get in touch with a live agent. I will appreciate tips on how to request the Tier 2 call back and guidance on how to proceed.

PS. Today marks 23 days since my interview.

Hi Mum
I changed my username now to match the AOS timeline sheet: milkypantz, line 29.

Quick summary: AF14000 case number, did biometrics on 27 February and haven't heard anything since. I am seeing people with much higher case numbers already either get their interview date or get it waived. I'm starting to get worried - there's only 4 months left and it's been 3 months since anything meaningful has happened.
About 4 weeks ago I had to file for an Advanced Parole document to travel out of the country. I received the document but didn't end up traveling and now I wonder if my case will stay in limbo because they expect me to travel?

Any suggestions? Why is nothing happening on my case and other people who started much later than me are already done :(

Best,
1. Trying to compare your timeline with those of "people with much higher case numbers" is like comparing apples and oranges - no basis for the comparison since each FO schedules the interview based on their specific workload and processing practice. Some are a lot busier than others, some prefer to batch DV based cases towards the end of the FY (regardless of when it was filed) before scheduling for an interview or adjudicating, some prefer to approve without an interview - so you can see the trends are not quite the say. You should only be comparing with cases under the same FO as you.
2. Your FO is listed as Los Angeles on the Timeline spreadsheet (assuming that is indeed still applicable in your case). If you take look at the Los Angeles FO cases, you'll see only one case, filed back in November 2022 has received an IL - this notice was received on May 22 2023 as a matter of fact. All other LA FO based cases filed after that first case, including yours, are all still waiting for the IL.
3. Right now, you do not even know which FO currently has your case file. Like I explained in a previous response to you about 2 weeks ago, you've probably complicated things for yourself as far as I can see. You relocated from the jurisdiction of one FO (LA) with a long processing timeline after sending in your AOS package to another one (NY) equally with a long processing timeline. It's usually not a good idea to relocate after sending in the AOS package because when you initiate a change of address at that stage like you did, it means the FO that initially received your package will need to forward it to the new FO with jurisdiction over your new address. The case transfer does not happen as soon as the change of address is initiated. It is typically happens when the first FO is ready to adjudicate, then they see you're no longer under their jurisdiction, at that point they forward your case file to the new FO with jurisdiction over your case and you fall at the end of the line when you get there.
4. Your case is not in limbo because they expect you to travel simply because you have an approved AP. The FOs do not process AP applications, that is done by the NBC, it has no impact on the AOS processing.

I tried to request a Tier 2 call back 2 times this week through Emma but all I got back was "Your case is under normal processing time, you should continue to wait". Then they attached links to know the average processing time of cases in different locations. I also made the USCIS call but could not get in touch with a live agent. I will appreciate tips on how to request the Tier 2 call back and guidance on how to proceed.

PS. Today marks 23 days since my interview.
Your case is most likely under AP - you went through a similar process for your F1 visa like you previously explained. So even if you're able to connect or get a Tier 2 call back, that person cannot do anything about the pending approval. The AP has to run it's course.

Me and my wife have gone to the bio appointment on May 9th and it's now June 1st and still no interview invitation notice in the mail, no email/text updates and the case status online is "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken".

Is this normal or should I worry? Judging by timelines it usually takes them 2-3 weeks to send the notice.

Could I do anything to know what's happening?

Me and my wife have gone to the bio appointment on May 9th and it's now June 1st and still no interview invitation notice in the mail, no email/text updates and the case status online is "Case Was Updated To Show Fingerprints Were Taken".

Is this normal or should I worry? Judging by timelines it usually takes them 2-3 weeks to send the notice.

Same situation like mine. My bio was waived on April 7, and my wife had her bio on May 1st. No update since then.

Are you listed on the Timeline Spreadsheet?

Your case is most likely under AP - you went through a similar process for your F1 visa like you previously explained. So even if you're able to connect or get a Tier 2 call back, that person cannot do anything about the pending approval. The AP has to run it's course.
I suspect that too. I was hoping I could confirm it like for F1 I was informed. Let me practice more patience.

I am also somewhat worried, about the link you shared, seems 50%-60% of visas were already issued by April. I know each country is assigned a certain percentage, do you know if a country does not exhaust its share the available visas can be transferred to other countries i.e. before Sep 30?

Dear @Sm1smom,

Today, my daughters cases status has been changed as "New Card is Being Produced". So USCIS waived the interview. Although I submitted a congressional case assistance yesterday, I doubt it had any effect on the progress of the case.

This forum has been so helpful and I am so grateful to @Sm1smom and forum members for valuable information and advises provided throughout the process.
Thank You
D

I suspect that too. I was hoping I could confirm it like for F1 I was informed. Let me practice more patience.

I am also somewhat worried, about the link you shared, seems 50%-60% of visas were already issued by April. I know each country is assigned a certain percentage, do you know if a country does not exhaust its share the available visas can be transferred to other countries i.e. before Sep 30?
1. They’re not likely going to tell you you’re on AP.
2. I do not engage in analysis of issued vs remaining number of visas.

Dear @Sm1smom,

Today, my daughters cases status has been changed as "New Card is Being Produced". So USCIS waived the interview. Although I submitted a congressional case assistance yesterday, I doubt it had any effect on the progress of the case.

This forum has been so helpful and I am so grateful to @Sm1smom and forum members for valuable information and advises provided throughout the process.
Thank You
D
Phew! At last. Congratulations and thanks for the update. Be sure to add this to the Timeline Spreadsheet. You’re right, your submitted congressional case inquiry did not play a role in this development, it does not work in such a super fast lightening way.

Dear @Sm1smom,

Thank You
D
Congratulations!

Hello everyone,
Today, I received the SASE , they sent the original paper with a stamp on it. ( the stamp said paid with a date and signature)
No extra receipt.
Is it correct?