• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

misrepresentation

Erickkkkk

Hey, i have question , if u answer i will be grateful, I came to U.S before four years ago on b1/b2 visa after i came (about after 5 months I changed my status) I changed my status to f1 class inside America and I stayed in U.S two year then i left U.S ,and this year i won dv lottery, does the Consulate consider my situation misrepresentation because I changed my status inside America

I think this rule it’s gonna be as your situation, maybe they will consider your situation as a bad intention bc u came on visitor visa and when u cam to usa you changed ur mind

Attachments

• 80C1EE6E-4C79-4C42-B6A5-9B43F6419A5C.png
    80C1EE6E-4C79-4C42-B6A5-9B43F6419A5C.png
    997.6 KB · Views: 15
  • 309909BC-AFF5-4B6C-AF32-67921C0A4A46.png
    309909BC-AFF5-4B6C-AF32-67921C0A4A46.png
    679.5 KB · Views: 15
I don't see how the quoted paragraph has anything to do with the OP. "Undertaking any other activity for which a change of status (NIV to NIV) or an adjustment of status (NIV to IV) would be required, without the benefit of such a change or adjustment" means for example doing something that requires F1 status (e.g. studying) without changing to F1 status. If the OP only studied after Change of Status to F1 was approved, then they did not undertake any activity for which change of status was required without the benefit of such a change.

I don't see how the quoted paragraph has anything to do with the OP. "Undertaking any other activity for which a change of status (NIV to NIV) or an adjustment of status (NIV to IV) would be required, without the benefit of such a change or adjustment" means for example doing something that requires F1 status (e.g. studying) without changing to F1 status. If the OP only studied after Change of Status to F1 was approved, then they did not undertake any activity for which change of status was required without the benefit of such a change.
Just out of curiosity how they can find out if someone attended to college and he didn’t change his status to f1?

You're pretty sure OP would be found inadmissible due to misrepresentation on the basis of having changed their status from B1/B2 to F1 or what is it you're pretty sure of?
Just out of curiosity ,how they can find out if someone attended to college and he didn’t change his status to f1?

Just out of curiosity ,how they can find out if someone attended to college and he didn’t change his status to f1?
Is this question applicable to your situation? If yes you’ll need to provide more information as to your specific case for a more appropriate response.

Is this question applicable to your situation? If yes you’ll need to provide more information as to your specific case for a more appropriate response.
Yes, I attended to college to study English as second language on my second month in usa , then I quit and returned back to my home country.
I came to usa on b1/b2 visa.

Last edited:
Yes, I attended to college to study English as second language on my second month in usa , then I quit and returned back to my home country.
I came to usa on b1/b2 visa.
Incidental, recreational or short term studies, leading to no degree award is permitted on a B visa - seems to me like your ESL study would have fallen within that category, it therefore does not appear to me (based on what you’ve shared) like you violated your status by attending classes without changing to F1.

If asked (during your interview) about having attended classes while on a visitor’s visa in the past, be prepared to honestly answer the question. The CO already know the answer to the questions they’re asking about at the interview, they nonetheless ask to test for moral aptitude (that is to see if the applicant will lie or not).

Incidental, recreational or short term studies, leading to no degree award is permitted on a B visa - seems to me like your ESL study would have fallen within that category, it therefore does not appear to me (based on what you’ve shared) like you violated your status by attending classes without changing to F1.
Thank you for responding, but my question can a Consulate know about my ESL ?

Fortunately, they can’t find out bc u didn’t change your status and bc ESl program not academic they can’t know anything, relax
You really think so? I don't think you have any idea of what you're talking about. You realize background checks get conducted before case approval? Your background check can reveal anything they wish to know about you, regardless of if you believe you "officially reported" it or not. So telling someone to relax because you feel certain information cannot be found out about them simply because they did not initiate a COS is irresponsible IMHO!