• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Tha
Syphilis yes, dna no - dna is only asked for (and seldom /never required if there is other evidence) as part of the immigrant visa process if there are questions over a claimed family relationship.

Test details here https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/about/medical-exam-faqs.html#me-4

Specific details of the syphilis testing are here https://www.cdc.gov/immigrantrefugeehealth/panel-physicians/syphilis.html If the disease is treated in accordance with the guidelines here, the applicant can still get a visa.
Thank you

Hi for everyone, I was residing in the UAE and 7 months before I made a final exit, I obtained a police certificate from there on February 2021. Can this certificate be presented in the interview?

My wife has recently received her first dose of COVID-19 vaccination. However, given the fact that she will not be fully vaccinated by the time of the interview, is it recommended to reschedule the interview appointment until she's adequately vaccinated or should I proceed with booking medical exam and leave that to the panel physician to decide? In province of Quebec, there is an interval of 8 weeks or more between the first and second dose, which means an appointment of a second dose be taken far after the interview appointment.
If you are interviewing in MTL absolutely do not reschedule and do not show up to the interview without everything you need, including medical. Any delay in any shape, way or form will put you in an indefinite black hole.

Montreal is infamous for this. I am a DV22 winner and know many that also went through MTL, and it’s been a hellish ride.

If you do not get issued at time of interview you’re in it for the long haul. Get the second dose in Ontario - you can get it at 21 days.

Incase I applied last year and did a mistake during application but was never selected and I apply this year and maybe be selected during interview do they check the previous application to see how you filled it? And can that lead to denial because of previous mistakes on applications or they just focus on the current application.

Incase I applied last year and did a mistake during application but was never selected and I apply this year and maybe be selected during interview do they check the previous application to see how you filled it? And can that lead to denial because of previous mistakes on applications or they just focus on the current application.
Can you be more specific about the “mistake”
Like saying you were married in that entry but now you’re single without divorce papers is not just a “mistake” lol

Hi Guys,

I have a few questions about the vaccinations. I have read the spreadsheet and was confused about a few requirements.

1. For Hepatitis A and Meningococcal, it says 18 years only. What does that mean? That I only need the shot if I'm 18, under 18, or over 18?
2. If I had Tdap as a child (which I believe is a requirement of my home country) do I need to get it again? Or can I do a blood test?
3. On USCIS website, they state others such as pertusis and polio. Are these a requirement also? Or only if you're under a certain age?

Hi Guys,

I have a few questions about the vaccinations. I have read the spreadsheet and was confused about a few requirements.

1. For Hepatitis A and Meningococcal, it says 18 years only. What does that mean? That I only need the shot if I'm 18, under 18, or over 18?
2. If I had Tdap as a child (which I believe is a requirement of my home country) do I need to get it again? Or can I do a blood test?
3. On USCIS website, they state others such as pertusis and polio. Are these a requirement also? Or only if you're under a certain age?
A lot of the vaccines are not age appropriate. Call your panel physician’s office and tell them your age and ask what vaccines you should get.

Hi Guys,

The best approach is not to try figure it out yourself. The panel doctor will give you what is appropriate for you when you go for your medical. (PS, the P in TdaP is pertussis, so it’s not “other”. )

Also, what spreadsheet? if you read the AOS spreadsheet, that’s not applicable to consular processing, which is the thread you’re posting in, and hence what my answer is based on. If you’re doing AOS, you should be posting in the AOS thread and not this one, because the medical procedures are different.

Last edited:
The best approach is not to try figure it out yourself. The panel doctor will give you what is appropriate for you when you go for your medical. (PS, the P in TdaP is pertussis, so it’s not “other”. )

Also, what spreadsheet? if you read the AOS spreadsheet, that’s not applicable to consular processing, which is the thread you’re posting in, and hence what my answer is based on. If you’re doing AOS, you should be posting in the AOS thread and not this one, because the medical procedures are different.
Not all panel doctors offer vaccines fyi. In Toronto the panel doctor I went to had no vaccines on site. A lot of the vaccines are free because of our healthcare, so I was able to get everything I needed with my GP prior to medical.

Not all panel doctors offer vaccines fyi. In Toronto the panel doctor I went to had no vaccines on site. A lot of the vaccines are free because of our healthcare, so I was able to get everything I needed with my GP prior to medical.
That’s very unusual, to have doctors without vaccines… in fact, wow, kind of mind boggling. Many of the country specific panel doctor instructions actually say not to get vaccines done in advance because they’ll decide what’s necessary at the medical. There was one poster from Australia not too long ago who tried to save money getting vaccines done through the public health system there and ended up getting a bunch they didn’t need. If the poster could specify where they are that might help too.

Hi to everyone, any applicant from kenya who has received the 2NL appointment and done the interview, share your experience

Hi sm1smom and SusieQQQ

I am à DV2023 lottery winner with a case number 2023AF37k currently residing in USA, I filed my DS260 in May a week after the results were published choosing to do the processing here in the USA and within two weeks I got the letter that it was received.

Later on knowing that I have a very high case number and I am on J1 visa expiring mid April 2023, I decided to change to CP and I wrote to KCC, they accepted the change but I have not yet change the address in my DS260 to the address in my home country were I want to do the processing.

Should I request the KCC to release my DS260 in order for me to change my address so that it doesn’t delay my processing.

Thank you for your time and help

Hi sm1smom and SusieQQQ

I am à DV2023 lottery winner with a case number 2023AF37k currently residing in USA, I filed my DS260 in May a week after the results were published choosing to do the processing here in the USA and within two weeks I got the letter that it was received.

Later on knowing that I have a very high case number and I am on J1 visa expiring mid April 2023, I decided to change to CP and I wrote to KCC, they accepted the change but I have not yet change the address in my DS260 to the address in my home country were I want to do the processing.

Should I request the KCC to release my DS260 in order for me to change my address so that it doesn’t delay my processing.

Thank you for your time and help
I’m not really understanding why you haven’t done this yet. What exactly are you waiting for?

Hi,
I am a DV2023 winner with case number 2023AF2K. I was in China from 2015 to 2017 for my masters and have been in my home country since then. I have already applied for and received police clearance from my home country. Do I need to apply for police clearance certificate from China as well?

Hi,
I am a DV2023 winner with case number 2023AF2K. I was in China from 2015 to 2017 for my masters and have been in my home country since then. I have already applied for and received police clearance from my home country. Do I need to apply for police clearance certificate from China as well?

If you are 16 years of age or older, you must submit a police certificate from the following locations:

From ...AND...THEN the applicant needs a police certificate from...
the country of nationality if they resided there for more than 6 monthsis 16 years old or olderthe police authorities of that locality.
the country of current residence (if different from nationality) if they resided there for more than 6 monthswas 16 years or older at that timethe police authorities of that locality.
any previous country or countries of residence if residing there for more than 12 monthswas 16 years or older at that timethe police authorities of that locality.
any country where arrested for any reason, regardless of how long they lived therewas any age at that timethe police authorities from place of arrest.

Hello , I was residing in the UAE and 7 months before I made a final exit, I obtained a police certificate from there on February 2021. Can this certificate be presented in the interview? please answer me

Hello guys,

What are the chances of a visa denial for a dv selectee, if their brother is undocumented resident in the US?