• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

Hello! I’m CN is AF21xxx. I’m abit nervous about the process considering my CN is high. Can I apply for the FY2024 lottery as a back up (if selected) or will that impact my current selection?

Thank you for all your help!

Extension of Temporary Waiver of 60-Day Rule for Civil Surgeon Signatures on Form I-693

U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services is extending the temporary waiver of the requirement that civil surgeons must sign Form I-693, Report of Medical Examination and Vaccination Record, no more than 60 days before an individual applies for the underlying immigration benefit (including Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status).

The waiver was originally effective until Sept. 30, 2022, this has been extended to March 31, 2023, to further ease processing delays and associated difficulties in timely completing the immigration medical examination.

This waiver applies to all Forms I-693 associated with applications for underlying immigration benefits that have not been adjudicated, regardless of when the application was submitted to USCIS or when a civil surgeon signed the Form I-693.
This waiver will help applicants who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic and related processing delays, which have sometimes delayed immigration medical examinations.

Source: I-693 Policy Alert Memo

Hi,

I have traveled to USA several times and my latest B1 visa expires in August 2024 .
I decided to pursue my masters in a high ranking university in USA and my F1 interview was scheduled on 23rd of May 2022.
Then I came to know that I won the DV lottery on 9th of May with case number 2023 AS 15000+
As my main intention is to get masters and OPT in USA I entered to USA on 7th August and started my university program.

Is there any possibility to continue my dv lottery win for green card because I won the lottery while I was in my home country.
Please advice me how to handle this situation without any impact on my masters and OPT.

Thank you

My wife's F2 visa was "canceled without prejudice" when F1 visa was stamped in her passport. While filling up DS260 for DV2023, there is a question "has your visa ever been canceled or revoked?" Do I say NO?

Hi,

I have traveled to USA several times and my latest B1 visa expires in August 2024 .
I decided to pursue my masters in a high ranking university in USA and my F1 interview was scheduled on 23rd of May 2022.
Then I came to know that I won the DV lottery on 9th of May with case number 2023 AS 15000+
As my main intention is to get masters and OPT in USA I entered to USA on 7th August and started my university program.

Is there any possibility to continue my dv lottery win for green card because I won the lottery while I was in my home country.
Please advice me how to handle this situation without any impact on my masters and OPT.

Thank you
I think you should be okay to proceed with AOS in this case.

My wife's F2 visa was "canceled without prejudice" when F1 visa was stamped in her passport. While filling up DS260 for DV2023, there is a question "has your visa ever been canceled or revoked?" Do I say NO?
You need to answer "YES" since the visa was indeed cancelled albeit without prejudice.

@Sm1smom Thank you for the reply.

@Sm1smom @Britsimon In case of my AOS application is refused, will there be an impact on continuation of my F1 visa status till end of OPT.

Thanks
Your F1 status remains if you’ve not done anything to violate the status.

p.s. you can post your questions without tagging me or Simon - this allows any forum member who is able and willing to answer to respond. Plus tagging me does not guarantee I will respond if I do not wish to do so.

You need to answer "YES" since the visa was indeed cancelled albeit without prejudice.
Thank you. In my case, I renewed my F1 visa last December because it was going to expire on May 2023. And the same "canceled without prejudice" was stamped on my old visa. It means I should answer "YES" and give an explanation in my case too, same as the case in my wife's DS260; right?

Oh I replied no, mine was cancelled without prejudice when I had sent the B1/B2 for renewal to consulate ... It thought that was normal wordings
Would that have any impact ? I thought DS260 was not necessary / important for AOS

I think this was answered in the past but please reconfirm for I-134
anticipated period of Stay in US
From Date should be from when (its not clear when I will get GC/interview etc)

Thank you. In my case, I renewed my F1 visa last December because it was going to expire on May 2023. And the same "canceled without prejudice" was stamped on my old visa. It means I should answer "YES" and give an explanation in my case too, same as the case in my wife's DS260; right?
Seems rather straightforward to me. Has your visa ever been cancelled? Yes, it has.

Oh I replied no, mine was cancelled without prejudice when I had sent the B1/B2 for renewal to consulate ... It thought that was normal wordings
Would that have any impact ? I thought DS260 was not necessary / important for AOS
The DS260 form not being important part of the AOS process doesn’t mean the form shouldn’t be truthfully filled out.

I’d forgotten about a previous b visa being CWOP when I got it renewed and also answered no. It wasn’t a problem. You can mention it in your interview and they can correct it then. While i agree with mom that technically the answer is yes, given the context of the question I think they are actually concerned with visas being cancelled for “bad” reasons.

DS260 may not be “necessary“ for AOS, but once you’ve submitted it it is a permanent part of your immigration record.

EDIT :
>>anticipated period of Stay in US

>> Beneficiary income : I am a student with F1, I do not have any income or assets will the filling "0" be negative for my application ?
>> Part 3 Intent to Provide Specific Contributions to the Beneficiary
should this be I "intend" to or "do not intend" in my case my parents (abroad) support me and I do not rely on my relative just getting this done for AOS purpose, so "do not intend" is the best without any obligation from my relative but if that impact the application please advice ...

EDIT :
>>anticipated period of Stay in US

>> Beneficiary income : I am a student with F1, I do not have any income or assets will the filling "0" be negative for my application ?
>> Part 3 Intent to Provide Specific Contributions to the Beneficiary
should this be I "intend" to or "do not intend" in my case my parents (abroad) support me and I do not rely on my relative just getting this done for AOS purpose, so "do not intend" is the best without any obligation from my relative but if that impact the application please advice ...
1. I do not like having to repeat myself. So refer to the previously provided response:

2. Accuracy with the information being provided is much more important than the concern about if the answer will negatively impact your case or not. You have no income or asset of your own to declare, so write 0.

3. Selecting “I do not intend to” does not indicate there’s no obligation on the part of the sponsor. It simply means the sponsor is not limiting their support to specific needs/contributions. So the best answer is whatever your sponsor is comfortable doing; either they’re limiting their support to specific contributions (which they’ll have to list out on the form if they select “I intend to”), or they’re willing to provide whatever support might be needed (should the need arise) to ensure you will not become a public charge, in which case they select “I do not intend to”

p.s. do number your questions when you have more than one per post.