• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2023 AOS (Adjustment of Status) Only

You are right. Since they are US citizens, I also thought It would not matter even if I do not include a child. You mean now I should include both the children in the DS 260, right?
The instructions for DV tell you which children to include or exclude.
The instructions for the DS260 tell you to include all children.
Follow the instructions for the document you are filling in now, not for something else you filled in in the past.

You are right. Since they are US citizens, I also thought It would not matter even if I do not include a child. You mean now I should include both the children in the DS 260, right?
You and your spouse have to list ALL your children on your DS260 forms. You however do not fill out separate DS260 forms for the children since they’re already USC.

Hi,

I will do my AOS since I am under J-1 visa (postdoc). I already made the money order from Chase bank and I sent it to the provided address (U.S. Department of State, Diversity Visa Program, P.O. Box 979079, St. Louis, Missouri 63197-9000). I just realized it said " postal money order". Is there any difference between a chase bank money order and postal money order?
Does anyone can clarify me this, please ?

Alex
Hi Alex,
How did you start the AOS process if your case number is not up yet? J1 is as short term visa as mine the H2B and I am just curious how do other people do this. I wanted to start as well but then I read that my package will be rejected if the number is not up yet. Or do you have some other info?

Hi Alex,
How did you start the AOS process if your case number is not up yet? J1 is as short term visa as mine the H2B and I am just curious how do other people do this. I wanted to start as well but then I read that my package will be rejected if the number is not up yet. Or do you have some other info?
Making the DV administrative fee payment is not the same as sending in the AOS package. I think you need to spend some quality time going over the AOS process spreadsheet to enhance your understanding of the steps involved with a DV based AOS application.

Making the DV administrative fee payment is not the same as sending in the AOS package. I think you need to spend some quality time going over the AOS process spreadsheet to enhance your understanding of the steps involved with a DV based AOS application.
I know, but when you make the payment that means you are "committed" to AOS and J1 is a short term visa. I just feel like maybe we are in similar shoes unless his visa is good for at least a year. I am not entirely familiar with postdoc J1 but I think it also requires extension time to time.

I know, but when you make the payment that means you are "committed" to AOS and J1 is a short term visa. I just feel like maybe we are in similar shoes unless his visa is good for at least a year. I am not entirely familiar with postdoc J1 but I think it also requires extension time to time.
I think you’re making an assumption that all J1s are only valid for a couple of months, like the H2B. Yes, making the payment indicates an intention to proceed via AOS, it does not necessarily indicate a “commitment”. There have been cases of folks who made the payment, and due to one reason or the other changed their mind and went on to process CP.

I think you’re making an assumption that all J1s are only valid for a couple of months, like the H2B. Yes, making the payment indicates an intention to proceed via AOS, it does not necessarily indicate a “commitment”. There have been cases of folks who made the payment, and due to one reason or the other changed their mind and went on to process CP.
I was asking, not assuming! My question is still up.
If he knows his visa is valid for at least a year, no question. If his visa expires within a year, that's where my question comes, if he knows a good way to make AOS happen.
H2b is up to 3 years with extensions just like many J1 visas. I was a J1 too.

I was asking, not assuming! My question is still up.
If he knows his visa is valid for at least a year, no question. If his visa expires within a year, that's where my question comes, if he knows a good way to make AOS happen.
H2b is up to 3 years with extensions just like many J1 visas. I was a J1 too.
Visa validity is irrelevant at this point, it is the authorized stay that matters. OP most likely already know they have an authorized stay that goes beyond when their CN is likely to become current, hence their decision to proceed with AOS filing. There's no secret way of making AOS happen outside of what you already know. Anyway, I'm done with this convo. Best of luck with your search.

Dear Sm1smom,
I have won the DV2023 and my case number is AS13XXX and I am on J1 visa. My VISA is valid to 2026, so I am planing to go through the AOS. I did not submit my DS260 yet and I am planing to travel outside US this July and come back at the beginning of August. Is there any problem in that action for my AOS or DS260?
Many thanks

Dear Sm1smom,
I have won the DV2023 and my case number is AS13XXX and I am on J1 visa. My VISA is valid to 2026, so I am planing to go through the AOS. I did not submit my DS260 yet and I am planing to travel outside US this July and come back at the beginning of August. Is there any problem in that action for my AOS or DS260?
Many thanks
I don't see a problem with the planned trip, and the decision to subsequently file for AOS when your CN becomes current.

Another update; As previously mentioned, I sent my DV fee payment, which was received on June 6th but was cashed on June 8th. Today, I checked the tracking number of the self-addressed stamped envelope and realized that USPS picked up the SASE from William KY and it is on route to my mailing address. I would keep you all updated as to when I actually receive the receipt. Fingers crossed. I would also remember to update the received date in google docs as well

Good luck to us all

Another update; As previously mentioned, I sent my DV fee payment, which was received on June 6th but was cashed on June 8th. Today, I checked the tracking number of the self-addressed stamped envelope and realized that USPS picked up the SASE from William KY and it is on route to my mailing address. I would keep you all updated as to when I actually receive the receipt. Fingers crossed. I would also remember to update the received date in google docs as well

Good luck to us all
I too sent my DV fees 06/14 but my SASE is still not activated, payment cashed on 06/20.

After my summer break when I return back on F1, I plan to do AOS and file DS260 my planned address may change due to frequent changes by my college dorm. Though taking a PO box seems best option from previous replies by mom, would it be a problem if the address I put in DS260 changes to what I will put in I-485 ...

After my summer break when I return back on F1, I plan to do AOS and file DS260 my planned address may change due to frequent changes by my college dorm. Though taking a PO box seems best option from previous replies by mom, would it be a problem if the address I put in DS260 changes to what I will put in I-485 ...
Not a problem.

Hello! :) Thank you for putting together the AOS spreadsheet. I have a questions. The " AOS Process" tab notes " **Remember to include a SASE with the form and your payment fee". What is a SASE?

Hello! I am currently taking a look at the AOS form (form I-485), but I have a couple questions:
For question 16, should I say « yes » if I already have a SSN issued by the SSA?? Because I took a look at the filled samples posted in one of the forum, and the person selected « yes » at 16 even though he/she already had a SSN card issued.
FD377BAA-9D17-4E4A-AD70-EC3A332C781F.jpeg

My second concern is here:
I have been working on campus in the student government and the international program, an I also attend a local church. Should I considered all of them as organizations that I have been a part of ??
0BFA217D-A59A-4564-A5BC-A0C881F63527.jpeg

Hello! :) Thank you for putting together the AOS spreadsheet. I have a questions. The " AOS Process" tab notes " **Remember to include a SASE with the form and your payment fee". What is a SASE?
SASE = Self Addressed Stamped Envelope - this will be used by the KCC to send back your payment receipt to you.