• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Hello I sent my documents to kcc but the place where we put subject in the mail I did not put the zeros in my case number
and I rather put the zeros in the pdf documents
what are the risks at the subject level? Is it a mistakes ?!
Thanks
The subject line is important. You need to send again with the case number in FULL format - like 2022AF000026123. Just the case number.

Hi. Looking for some more advice/insight please. I've been wracking my brain for ages when it comes to this. Am I right in thinking that as long as you can show 12 years of formal education, you should be okay? Does it matter the grade or the fact that it is a country's local end of secondary school exams?

Hi. Looking for some more advice/insight please. I've been wracking my brain for ages when it comes to this. Am I right in thinking that as long as you can show 12 years of formal education, you should be okay? Does it matter the grade or the fact that it is a country's local end of secondary school exams?
The requirement is that you are able to get college/university entrance with the high school qualification. Extract from the manual below :

2) “At Least a High School Education or its Equivalent” Means Successful Completion of at least a:
(a) Twelve-year course of elementary and secondary study in the United States; or
(b) Formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of 12 years of elementary and secondary education in the United States. A United States high school education is sufficient to qualify a student to apply for college admission so a foreign education should also be sufficient to allow a student to apply for college admission without further education to be equivalent to a United States education. Vocational degrees that are not a basis for further academic study so are not equivalent to United States a high school education.

The requirement is that you are able to get college/university entrance with the high school qualification. Extract from the manual below :

2) “At Least a High School Education or its Equivalent” Means Successful Completion of at least a:
(a) Twelve-year course of elementary and secondary study in the United States; or
(b) Formal course of elementary and secondary education comparable to completion of 12 years of elementary and secondary education in the United States. A United States high school education is sufficient to qualify a student to apply for college admission so a foreign education should also be sufficient to allow a student to apply for college admission without further education to be equivalent to a United States education. Vocational degrees that are not a basis for further academic study so are not equivalent to United States a high school education.
Thanks for that, Susie. The person did in fact attend the FBI National Academy in Virginia and has the subsequent diploma from that. It's just we are having serious issues locating the certificate for education.

Hi, this might be a weird question, but what would happen if spouse (which was added as an immigrating derivative on the DS260) wouldn't show up to the final interview because he/she doesn't want to immigrate in the end? Would the main applicant be denied the visa for that reason?

Hello there

I Submitted my DS-260 in late May. Then in the summer, I visited the United States two times. Should I unlock my DS-260 to add this information it or I can update it on the interview?
I also visited after submitting my ds-260 - I am not going to unlock, will just mention it in the interview.

Thanks for that, Susie. The person did in fact attend the FBI National Academy in Virginia and has the subsequent diploma from that. It's just we are having serious issues locating the certificate for education.
The FBI National Academy is basically a 10 week law enforcement program, it is not equivalent to a college degree. So if all the person has is the high school completion, I highly recommend they do whatever they can to obtain the HS Diploma/Certificate. Present the FBI National Academy course completion diploma is unlikely to cut it IMO.

Hi, this might be a weird question, but what would happen if spouse (which was added as an immigrating derivative on the DS260) wouldn't show up to the final interview because he/she doesn't want to immigrate in the end? Would the main applicant be denied the visa for that reason?
That typically wouldn't affect the principal applicant, especially if this was a spouse that was previously listed on the eDV entry itself. If this was a spouse added after the selection and the CO suspects it was a frivolous/scam marriage, then yes the principal applicant will equally be denied and subsequently banned from the US.

The FBI National Academy is basically a 10 week law enforcement program, it is not equivalent to a college degree. So if all the person has is the high school completion, I highly recommend they do whatever they can to obtain the HS Diploma/Certificate. Present the FBI National Academy course completion diploma is unlikely to cut it IMO.
Right. Yeah I get that. It makes sense. My thought process had more to do with the fact that you need to have those certain amount of credits to get into the academy.

I’m not sure what the fbi academy has to do with anything (it’s not a university, right?). You’ll need to get a copy of the high school certificate.

edit: I see mom has already answered, pretty much in duplicate !