• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

Kindly update the excel tracker.
On the 18th of Sept, I had requested an unlock. I had done the math that it will take approx 7 weeks to unlock and before that time they will send the DR email. But if you unlock and resubmit it will change your submission date and push it further. With that doubt, I sent an email again on the 25th of Sept requesting not to unlock.
I have seen a case that requested an unlock and because the DS260 was sent early, DR was sent before the unlock was done by KCC. They resubmitted and sent the Document and were DQed.
Although KCC may unlock I stand better chances of being DQed early now.
NOTE: KCC will still revise your DS260 in the latter scenario, as they say, they will.

On the 18th of Sept, I had requested an unlock. I had done the math that it will take approx 7 weeks to unlock and before that time they will send the DR email. But if you unlock and resubmit it will change your submission date and push it further. With that doubt, I sent an email again on the 25th of Sept requesting not to unlock.
I have seen a case that requested an unlock and because the DS260 was sent early, DR was sent before the unlock was done by KCC. They resubmitted and sent the Document and were DQed.
NOTE: KCC will still revise your DS260 in the latter scenario, as they say, they will.
Not sure what this long explanation has to do with the request/suggestion to add your updates to the Timeline Tracker.

I asked for unlock and then got DQed then i sent an email replying the same email for the unlock,and told them i don't want to unlock anymore,and they responded to me,that if i want to unlock i have to provide explanations,once they receive the explanation they can proceed to unlock,

Hello There congratulations.... and did you send your documents before they asked??
DS-260 submission date: 20th May
Name: Albaba
Case: 2020AF32XXX
Documents Sent Date (Non-KCC Requested): Never
# of Applicants: 1
Documents Request Date: 28thOct

KCC unlocked after DR

Hi everyone, is it correct that KCC looks at date of DQ for scheduling interviews no matter the case numbers ordering if all are current? Meaning that if a group of case numbers are current in a month, they will look at which one was DQed first and not the case number ordering? Not sure if this is a myth or something we're not clear about yet. Thanks

There is absolutely no doubt or confusion about this. Nothing has changed this year.

DS260s are processed in date received order.
However, documents are processed in case number order which means that case number gains an advantage, as it should.

During the early days of processing, some cases with high case numbers are processed because there is no backlog.

Once two cases are current the date of DQ will determine which gets interviewed, although that is also affected by embassy capacity and allocation, so date of DQ won't necessarily apply across two different embassies.

We know this. You may think there is some anomaly that doesn't fit the model. It does.

From your past experiences, or if you have seen a trend, where not only interview scheduling but also DQ can be allocated on embassy capacity??

What could be the possible reasons of not receiving DQ despite submitting documents, after being requested, two months ago??
Can KCC lose your file??
Can you be DQed past the month you're current?

I would sincerely appreciate your response. please and thank you.

Once two cases are current the date of DQ will determine which gets interviewed, although that is also affected by embassy capacity and allocation, so date of DQ won't necessarily apply across two different embassies.

As high case number EU24k, my expectation is that in the best-case scenario, my case would be current somewhere in July. However by then with this late start and low DV priority, a backlog of lower case numbers would probably fill in queues till 30th Sept. Even if they sort out cases, they would probably hit quota for EU 18-19k visas as I see that average is around 2.1 visa per applicant.

What could I do to increase my chances? If my case number becomes current, that means that case is transferred to the assigned embassy. If it happened that that embassy has a big queue, I have no chances. But what if I choose an embassy that doesn't have a big queue? Does it mean that my high case number might be processed and I could be called for an interview?

For example, Warszaw looks very busy embassy, so in July being in current with EU24k number means that there is a pretty long queue that won't be sorted out before the end of the fiscal year. But if I relocate to Malta for example (1 case in 2019/2020, no cases in 2018/21), does it means that those guys could call me sooner? I know that capacity of embassies differs, and Malta doesn't have as many Consular Officers as Warszaw... but hey, is it worth a shot?

Relocating just for this purpose is a very big, risky, and expensive thing. But after looking at your video on case transfer, it is something that needs to be done very soon, while the case is still at KCC. And I really need to move there so I can get a valid reason to ask for a transfer.

As high case number EU24k, my expectation is that in the best-case scenario, my case would be current somewhere in July. However by then with this late start and low DV priority, a backlog of lower case numbers would probably fill in queues till 30th Sept. Even if they sort out cases, they would probably hit quota for EU 18-19k visas as I see that average is around 2.1 visa per applicant.

What could I do to increase my chances? If my case number becomes current, that means that case is transferred to the assigned embassy. If it happened that that embassy has a big queue, I have no chances. But what if I choose an embassy that doesn't have a big queue? Does it mean that my high case number might be processed and I could be called for an interview?

For example, Warszaw looks very busy embassy, so in July being in current with EU24k number means that there is a pretty long queue that won't be sorted out before the end of the fiscal year. But if I relocate to Malta for example (1 case in 2019/2020, no cases in 2018/21), does it means that those guys could call me sooner? I know that capacity of embassies differs, and Malta doesn't have as many Consular Officers as Warszaw... but hey, is it worth a shot?

Relocating just for this purpose is a very big, risky, and expensive thing. But after looking at your video on case transfer, it is something that needs to be done very soon, while the case is still at KCC. And I really need to move there so I can get a valid reason to ask for a transfer.
Just on your first paragraph: Have a look at xarthisius charts (google it). There are holes in the cases, so that in every 1000 cases about 40-60%(data will come out on 1st jan) of cases are holes. So, even if your case is 24k, it could be somewhere in the 10-15k range of cases that is not a hole. Furthermore, many people will not continue with their application and not follow the process fully to be DQ'ed. After introduction of the DQ process, this percentage has always been under 80% and can go as low as 60% (excluding Oceania) (I don't have the precise numerics, but you get the point). Also, some people will not attend the interview or be refused or get an AP which doesn't get fulfilled. So, case number wise alone it's not terrible.
Also, you could become current few months earlier than july(you're relying only on 2021 bulletin) where your region won't be all current. Another thing is that, some embassies are interviewing DV cases that are current and DQ'ed (it's known that Warsaw had an appointment for a Russian in December). So, when your number becomes current in a month and are DQ'ed, most of the cases current and DQ'ed during the previous months (ahead of you in the queue), most likely would have been interviewed or they won't be ahead of you in the line.

Last edited:
Just on your first paragraph: Have a look at xarthisius charts (google it). There are holes in the cases, so that in every 1000 cases about 40-60%(data will come out on 1st jan) of cases are holes. So, even if your case is 24k, it could be somewhere in the 10-15k range of cases that is not a hole. Furthermore, many people will not continue with their application and not follow the process fully to be DQ'ed. After introduction of the DQ process, this percentage has always been under 80% and can go as low as 60% (excluding Oceania) (I don't have the precise numerics, but you get the point). Also, some people will not attend the interview or be refused or get an AP which doesn't get fulfilled. So, case number wise alone it's not terrible.

Yeah, I was looking on the same site. EU Region is pretty packed, and historically there are fewer holes in case numbers. Also by browsing previous threads from the past few years there were much higher case numbers (40k, 50k+) reported. So far highest number reported is 28k, and the tendency is that there are more holes going towards higher numbers, so I have put myself in the 5% chance bracket.

Also, you could become current few months earlier than july(you're relying only on 2021 bulletin) where your region won't be all current. Another thing is that, some embassies are interviewing DV cases that are current and DQ'ed (it's known that Warsaw had an appointment for a Russian in December). So, when your number becomes current in a month and are DQ'ed, most of the cases current and DQ'ed during the previous months (ahead of you in the queue), most likely would have been interviewed or they won't be ahead of you in the line.

This will be a year that can't be statistically compared to previous ones, that is evident. I was mostly looking at 2018/19 years, the latest pre-covid years which had a comparable number of winners (120k). They had the highest CN numbers for the EU in the range up to 30k. In 2019 everyone went current, but in 2018 limit was hit at 25k.

If I don't do anything regarding transfer to another "less crowded" embassy, the only thing besides sending documents is to do an early medical exam (Jan/Feb), and hope that I will be DQ-ed by then. That will put me in a rough spot if my case gets called earlier, as the 6-month entrance is tied to the medical exam date, but from this perspective, this is the least problem I could have.

Does anyone know if I can have two medical exams? The first "just-in-case" if somehow I get suddenly called, and another one that I could get if I have time to do it before the interview? This way I could get a fresh 6-mont entry period just before the interview...

Hello there

I Submitted my DS-260 in late May. Then in the summer, I visited the United States two times. Should I unlock my DS-260 to add this information it or I can update it on the interview?

Yeah, I was looking on the same site. EU Region is pretty packed, and historically there are fewer holes in case numbers. Also by browsing previous threads from the past few years there were much higher case numbers (40k, 50k+) reported. So far highest number reported is 28k, and the tendency is that there are more holes going towards higher numbers, so I have put myself in the 5% chance bracket.

This will be a year that can't be statistically compared to previous ones, that is evident. I was mostly looking at 2018/19 years, the latest pre-covid years which had a comparable number of winners (120k). They had the highest CN numbers for the EU in the range up to 30k. In 2019 everyone went current, but in 2018 limit was hit at 25k.

If I don't do anything regarding transfer to another "less crowded" embassy, the only thing besides sending documents is to do an early medical exam (Jan/Feb), and hope that I will be DQ-ed by then. That will put me in a rough spot if my case gets called earlier, as the 6-month entrance is tied to the medical exam date, but from this perspective, this is the least problem I could have.

Does anyone know if I can have two medical exams? The first "just-in-case" if somehow I get suddenly called, and another one that I could get if I have time to do it before the interview? This way I could get a fresh 6-mont entry period just before the interview...
Regarding the medical: As I understand, you only need to bring the medical on the day of interview (or is sent to embassy by the clinic directly) and the CO looks at them on that day, so doesn't make any difference if the results are produced 4 months ago or a day before (note that interviews are scheduled by kcc). The only case would be during the last days of fiscal year, when being early and handing it directly to speed up for a day or two could lessen the chance of any mishap that could cost your chance. Also, the interviews are appointed at the last two weeks of each month for two months later (e.g. 15-31 Oct 2nl sent for December interviews). So, your interview date will be at earliest 4 weeks after your 2nl meaning you won't be suddenly called. Last year was an anomaly for many reasons, but this year they are doing the same thing as normal with maybe the exception of the last month(s) if there's any lawsuits or whatever. Another thing is that, some clinics will only give you a medical appointment if you have the 2nl. So, it's not feasible to just have a medical on any day given the current situation (maybe some exceptions if there's lawsuits like last year).

Also, the numbers for 22 will be out in like two months. So, maybe they'll help you gauge your situation.

From your past experiences, or if you have seen a trend, where not only interview scheduling but also DQ can be allocated on embassy capacity??

What could be the possible reasons of not receiving DQ despite submitting documents, after being requested, two months ago??
Can KCC lose your file??
Can you be DQed past the month you're current?

I would sincerely appreciate your response. please and thank you.
Hello there yes you’re right. And if those low CN which has already current but didn’t get DR or DQ If their Cases backlog till September 30th then the chances for low CN will get go down right. I wonder