• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hello,

I'm a plaintiff in an ongoing lawsuit for DV2021 selectees and I'm waiting for a decision from the Judge to see if we'll get a relief. But since I'm in the US now, I'm thinking of an alternative option -- considering of applying for AoS.

My concern is:

1. If I send my AoS package tomorrow, and do not notify KCC about my decision to switch to AoS, will Chicago Lockbox accept my package and process my case without receiving my DS-260 application or any notification about my transition from KCC.

2. In case my package gets rejected by Chicago Lockbox, because I never notified KCC, will it be the same as if I never left KCC, so that I'm still OK to proceed with CP?

Hello,

I'm a plaintiff in an ongoing lawsuit for DV2021 selectees and I'm waiting for a decision from the Judge to see if we'll get a relief. But since I'm in the US now, I'm thinking of an alternative option -- considering of applying for AoS.

My concern is:

1. If I send my AoS package tomorrow, and do not notify KCC about my decision to switch to AoS, will Chicago Lockbox accept my package and process my case without receiving my DS-260 application or any notification about my transition from KCC.

2. In case my package gets rejected by Chicago Lockbox, because I never notified KCC, will it be the same as if I never left KCC, so that I'm still OK to proceed with CP?
The most likely outcome in your case is that your trying to game the system leaves you with kcc in process of switching you to aos but not getting it done in time.

Not from Hong Kong, but thank you.

I would also like to thank @Sm1smom for all the help here. I was able to prepare a very extensive package (close to 90 pages) through all the information from the spreadsheet.

Hopefully from now all I need to do is monitor case update (whether if it changes to "Case was Approved") and wait for physical mails to arrive. Will also continue to update the timeline spreadsheet.

My F-1 STEMP OPT (previous status) actually expired between AOS package acceptance and now, so I have since lost my job. I also decided to keep my SEVIS and F-1 alive by accepting a school admission. Was expecting an interview due to my expired previous status.
Great news. Congratulations, and happy to have been of help.

Hello,

My concern is:

Considering you keep asking more or the less the same question, let me try and simplify the response for you:

You can't stay on both sides of the fence at the same time (like you're trying to do). You need to pick an option and stick to it or you may find yourself stuck in the middle and ultimately loosing out as a matter of fact. Trying to game the system will eventually backfire.

Considering you keep asking more or the less the same question, let me try and simplify the response for you:

You can't stay on both sides of the fence at the same time (like you're trying to do). You need to pick an option and stick to it or you may find yourself stuck in the middle and ultimately loosing out as a matter of fact. Trying to game the system will eventually backfire.
One of those people who maybe thinks that if they keep asking the same question the answer will magically change?

The most likely outcome in your case is that your trying to game the system leaves you with kcc in process of switching you to aos but not getting it done in time.
I see. Thanks Susie!
Do you think it is worth applying for AoS now considering that I need to drop from CP with its possible relief, or is it not worth taking the risk?

I see. Thanks Susie!
Do you think it is worth applying for AoS now considering that I need to drop from CP with its possible relief, or is it not worth taking the risk?
Cannot make the decision for you. Can only advise that you choose the one that you think has a higher chance of success and stick with it.

Interview July 27th
FO: Reno,NV
Time: 12:15 PM (Pacific Time)

I just finished my interview and bio. My interview took roughly 10mins, it was a quick one. The IO officer told me I am the first DV case and she doesn’t know much about DV. She was supper nice and asked personal information and few yes/no security questions (all off head). After that she scheduled bio appointment for me which is in the same building.

Problem: She said they requested my visa from Department of State and they denied my visa. They have no idea why it was denied. So I gave her my DV fee receipt, she scanned it and her supervisor sent KCC message why my file/visa was denied.
She assured me if she gets approval from KCC my card would be mailed shortly. Else, she will forward my file to Department of State.
If anyone has idea or suggestions that could lead to KCC denying my visa, I would be happy. Thank you!!!

Not from Hong Kong, but thank you.

I would also like to thank @Sm1smom for all the help here. I was able to prepare a very extensive package (close to 90 pages) through all the information from the spreadsheet.

Hopefully from now all I need to do is monitor case update (whether if it changes to "Case was Approved") and wait for physical mails to arrive. Will also continue to update the timeline spreadsheet.

My F-1 STEMP OPT (previous status) actually expired between AOS package acceptance and now, so I have since lost my job. I also decided to keep my SEVIS and F-1 alive by accepting a school admission. Was expecting an interview due to my expired previous status.
quick question how did u accept it? Did u just enroll into some classes that what u mean accept?

Hey mom. Quick question. As my name on I-485 in their system is swapped (asked & explained in this thread before), should I continue to fill out my swapped name on the bio letter's applicant information worksheet (2nd page) where they ask for nam, dob, country of birth etc etc. Or should I fill out my correct name here?We received the bio letter yesterday and looking to do a walk-in this week and wanted to know how to fill out.

Thank you!

Interview July 27th
FO: Reno,NV
Time: 12:15 PM (Pacific Time)

I just finished my interview and bio. My interview took roughly 10mins, it was a quick one. The IO officer told me I am the first DV case and she doesn’t know much about DV. She was supper nice and asked personal information and few yes/no security questions (all off head). After that she scheduled bio appointment for me which is in the same building.

Problem: She said they requested my visa from Department of State and they denied my visa. They have no idea why it was denied. So I gave her my DV fee receipt, she scanned it and her supervisor sent KCC message why my file/visa was denied.
She assured me if she gets approval from KCC my card would be mailed shortly. Else, she will forward my file to Department of State.
If anyone has idea or suggestions that could lead to KCC denying my visa, I would be happy. Thank you!!!
I am not an expert, but is it possible that the officer was not supposed to request the visa yet because they still have to process your background check?

Hi,

Trying to fill out the I-485 application, and need a clarification on the following:

1627419344958.png

I'm currently on B1/B2 visa in the US. Should I write the address of my home country, or the address where I'm currently staying in the US with my B1/B2?

Thanks.