• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi all, happy Mondays :)

Has anyone of you filed I-131 & I-765 simultaneously with your I-485 application and got advanced parole/employment authorization? I submitted these documents in case I needed to travel abroad due to an emergency.
I did - i did my filing in october last year. My i485 was approved before both i765 and i131 therefore USCIS closed both i765 and i131.
In your case -Given that you have to pay for those now, and theres only 2 months left i dunno if its worth it as this point

Hi, I just did biometrics today at Seattle ASC/FO. We were expected to fill out the AIW or else when we reach the front of the line, we will be asked to fill it out and go back to the end of the line.

Also, just want to share my biometrics experience today.
I arrived at the ASC at 11.30 and my appointment was at 12. I lined up and reached the security at about 11.45. My husband, whose appointment was at 1, came with me but he was asked to wait outside while the security asked me to go inside and asked the officers if my husband can do biometrics together with me. But to ask that question to the officers, I had to lined up for about 30mins. After I got the OK, I had to go outside again, call my husband and line up again. In total, everything took about 1.5 hour, only 15 mins for the actual biometrics.
Hi,

Congrats on your bio done. Have you guys asked about further process ? Did you get any information?

Thank you!

I got my NOA on June 24, and no Bio yet. I have done expedited request, and they ask me to wait for 45 days, as I explained before. When I chat with them, they said just wait for that time, and that is the only information they have. Will Congressional inquiry help, in this case to get some idea. I know waiting is the option we have, but I am little worried as the waiting has been already a month for Bio.
Did you get your IL?

Thanks for your answer and time

No. I am not but I can fly tomorrow if I will be able to make it. I have a valid B1/B2 visa.
No. I am not DQ.
CP is taking so long so I am concern I will not make it
Planning to go to New Orleans to do AOS if I learn is possible.

Regards
Thank you so much for your time. I will stick with CP. Please send all your positive thoughts so all works out good for me ❤️

I got my NOA on June 24, and no Bio yet. I have done expedited request, and they ask me to wait for 45 days, as I explained before. When I chat with them, they said just wait for that time, and that is the only information they have. Will Congressional inquiry help, in this case to get some idea. I know waiting is the option we have, but I am little worried as the waiting has been already a month for Bio.
I have waited 54 days total to be told my bio was scheduled, I understand the frustration. Hang in there, it’ll happen soon. Fingers crossed for you ❤️;)

Thank you so much for your time. I will stick with CP. Please send all your positive thoughts so all works out good for me ❤️

All the best! I think you are doing the right thing given your current status and the limited time remaining...

PS - If you haven't already discovered @Britsimon, he provides regular CP / lawsuit updates on his website and YouTube account that might interest you too...

YouTube: search for "BritSimon"

Hello. I'm filling out the Form I-485, and have a question regarding this section:

1627370525959.png

I'm not sure what "underlying petition" is, and whether I need to fill out this section or not?

Thanks.

Last edited:
If one is DQ and their case file has already been sent to their applicable US home embassy, KCC no longer has any role to play in such a case. The applicant will need to directly contact the embassy to get that case file transferred back to the US before their AOS application can be approved. I did explain that to you in a previous post here.
Thanks Mom! That was really helpful!

Hello everyone,

Is there any restriction for the number of days in advance that I could try walk in for bio? My appointment is scheduled on 16th August and could I try a walk in even today? Thanks.

Are you from Hong Kong? Congrats!
Not from Hong Kong, but thank you.

I would also like to thank @Sm1smom for all the help here. I was able to prepare a very extensive package (close to 90 pages) through all the information from the spreadsheet.

Hopefully from now all I need to do is monitor case update (whether if it changes to "Case was Approved") and wait for physical mails to arrive. Will also continue to update the timeline spreadsheet.

My F-1 STEMP OPT (previous status) actually expired between AOS package acceptance and now, so I have since lost my job. I also decided to keep my SEVIS and F-1 alive by accepting a school admission. Was expecting an interview due to my expired previous status.