• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

@puda has reported (if I am recalling correctly) that Montreal has outright stated it is not issuing DVs this year.
Something to bear in mind is that Montreal had a massive immigrant visa backlog built up even before Covid and it has obviously gotten worse over the course of the pandemic. My impression is that as long as the current tier system is in place they will continue to focus on IR mostly (I suspect the Es that were issued in your summary were in health and similar fields that overcome the low priority/previous ban, note that E34/35 are derivative visas so it is the number of E31/32 that really matters there).
You’ve left out all the F-visas for some reason but those are above DV in priority as well. By the way, your time period encapsulates both the Trump ban period and post ban period so you should really be looking more at more recent data (April on) for trends to see what they are actually issuing now that the bans have dropped away.

In case you are not aware of the what the current prioritization of visas is, it is here: https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/immigrant-visa-prioritization.html
That's correct. They clearly stated that they didn't have capacity at the moment. (I believe it was back in June on their FB page) Their messaging was more like "once we'll have capacity, we'll be able to work on EBs and DVs" However, it hasn't happened just yet and I doubt that it will be happening unless they are being asked to. Also, there was already a huge backlog regarding the issuance of EBs before covid just like Susie mentioned. According to 2 lawyers I talked to, this is because Montreal is the busiest consulate in the world when it comes to Immigrant visas.

In short: consider that Montreal won't process your DV application. It's only about 100 winners total but they clearly won't process any of us unless a lawsuit asks them to. (And that's pretty much why the last time they processed DVs was in September 2020)

I would advise you to closely monitor what will happen early 2022 and ask KCC if you could be interviewed at another consulate. (Most likely from the country where you were born IF they do process DVs) It's more than likely that lawyers will need to fight KCC and the government again for DV2022 and DV2023 winners. (The lawyers have actually already mentioned this)

Last edited:
Geographic location, type of support you already have on the ground, type of job you plan on looking for vs type of jobs available, your skills, finding a place willing to rent to you without a credit history, how much money you plan on bringing/already have to help you survive while job hunting, etc.
Thanks you very much, those are alot of factors to consider I will have that in mind thanks for the great pro bono work you guys are doing

That's correct. They clearly stated that they didn't have capacity at the moment. (I believe it was back in June on their FB page) Their messaging was more like "once we'll have capacity, we'll be able to work on EBs and DVs" However, it hasn't happened just yet and I doubt that it will be happening unless they are being asked to. Also, there was already a huge backlog regarding the issuance of EBs before covid just like Susie mentioned. According to 2 lawyers I talked to, this is because Montreal is the busiest consulate in the world when it comes to Immigrant visas.

In short: consider that Montreal won't process your DV application. It's only about 100 winners total but they clearly won't process any of us unless a lawsuit asks them to. (And that's pretty much why the last time they processed DVs was in September 2020)

I would advise you to closely monitor what will happen early 2022 and ask KCC if you could be interviewed at another consulate. (Most likely from the country where you were born IF they do process DVs) It's more than likely that lawyers will need to fight KCC and the government again for DV2022 and DV2023 winners. (The lawyers have actually already mentioned this)
Thanks for your reply. Just a few questions:

1 - The 100 winners you mentioned, are they from DV2021 or DV2022?

2 - I have all the documents ready to send to KCC? If I send now and later on I decide to change the interview location, would that be possible?

Hay, I am DV program winner 2022, I submit my DS269 form more than one month ago, I am an Iranian living in the EU, I wrote down my 5 years of work experience in Europe but I did not write anything about older jobs that I had in Iran, because I had worked in the several companies as a marketer for very short times like a month's or two months with no proof, because they did not hire me officially, there were black jobs,(it's totally normal in Iran),I am also a theater actress and every year I had at least one performance but working individually,and it was like one month in each year
1) should I mention them in my DS 260?
2)should I write about my theater experience in DS 260?

I only write my official jobs during the past 5 years, should I unlock the form??
disappointing!!! :confused:I am checking my comment every day but no reply. Never mind I asked for unlock

disappointing!!! :confused:I am checking my comment every day but no reply. Never mind I asked for unlock
Hello! I think you shouldn't add those temporary, informal jobs.

There is another thread that is for the winners who live in the USA. (DV 2022 AOS, Adjust Of Status)

1 - It is necessary to put the studies without a degree (unfinished)
2- I studied high school in two different institutions in what order should I place it.
3 - If I speak intermediate level English, should I write intermediate English?

1 - It is necessary to put the studies without a degree (unfinished)
2- I studied high school in two different institutions in what order should I place it.
3 - If I speak intermediate level English, should I write intermediate English?
For ds260?
1. Yes. All secondary and higher institutions attended as per instructions
2. Date order is what most people would use
3. ? “Intermediate” means different things to different people. If you can hold a conversation in English just write English

For ds260?
1. Yes. All secondary and higher institutions attended as per instructions
2. Date order is what most people would use
3. ? “Intermediate” means different things to different people. If you can hold a conversation in English just write English
I attended the university but only 2 years, I did not finish it. So in the options it is confusing what to put because if I have my high school degree, in the entry I put high school degree. If I place university no degree now, it won't be a problem now.
In addition to that, it is difficult due to the situation in my country and the pandemic to get something that supports the time I attended the university.
the high school degree if I have it already ready and translated

I attended the university but only 2 years, I did not finish it. So in the options it is confusing what to put because if I have my high school degree, in the entry I put high school degree. If I place university no degree now, it won't be a problem now.
In addition to that, it is difficult due to the situation in my country and the pandemic to get something that supports the time I attended the university.
the high school degree if I have it already ready and translated
Please read the instructions. It’s not confusing. It doesn’t ask you for any proof of attendance. It does ask you to LIST the institutions attended. This is your official application for a green card - be accurate (or as accurate as you can be, not everyone remembers exact dates of attendance to the day). And no it doesn’t matter that what you put on the entry form differs, it is substantially the same for DV purposes anyway.

Hi, guys.
I have some question, so one of my family member has been selected, but the number is high... EU24xxx,
DS260 not submitted yet (they where waiting fro a new passport for spouse of selectee)
Is it not too late to start the process? Not sure that they will be able to be even interviewed with this number.
Thanks!

Hi, guys.
I have some question, so one of my family member has been selected, but the number is high... EU24xxx,
DS260 not submitted yet (they where waiting fro a new passport for spouse of selectee)
Is it not too late to start the process? Not sure that they will be able to be even interviewed with this number.
Thanks!

It’s not too late to start the process, FY2022 doesn’t even start for another two and a bit months.

It’s not too late to start the process, FY2022 doesn’t even start for another two and a bit months.
right, but I was wondering to know is there any chance to get the actual visa with this number? I understand that no one know that for sure, so I just want to hear your thoughts.

Sorry I am wrong, you live in EU... not in US, sorry.

But about unlocking the DS 260, I think it is not neccesary to add the informal works.
I already asked for unlocking, hopefully, it's not gonna cause any delay for me my case number is 2022AS 56**
and they didn't reply to my unlock request yet, I feel like this year winner can face some challenges as KCC still didn't ask anyone for supporting documents

I have a question that if you can help. I request to unlock my DS260 and still no reply. I am going to take Britsimon's advice and send my documents without waiting for their email.
do you think I should wait for their unlock or its two different things and I can send my documents?