• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Now I have high hopes for the the increase of the US homeland secutity bugdet will become in law in this autumn since we have no idea when judge Mehta's final decision to be made..
Should be between August and September, because Gov can still submit papers before the end of July
Wish that we will have the decision in early August

I was asking them about my docs approximately a month ago and a week ago I got an e-mail from Lorrie that for security purposes they cannot reveal any info if I'm not providing all the required infos. (my date of birth was missing from my e-mail)

I e-mailed them right away, but since then nothing.
They don’t reply immediately. Replies go back to the end of the email queue as if they are a new inquiry.

Should be between August and September, because Gov can still submit papers before the end of July
Wish that we will have the decision in early August
Yes we need it aside Curtis work to win this battle.
I expect it to become law in late fall and Mehta will preserve our visas till then and this is the most realistic scenario that I can think of.

Last edited:
Hi everyone,
I need your help! I need to do some modifications on my DS260, how can I unlock it?
I’m from Italy and I already received the email for the documents from KCC. I’m an international student in USA and I would like to know if there is the possibility to do the interview in the USA without go back in Italy. Thank you so much

Hi everyone,
I need your help! I need to do some modifications on my DS260, how can I unlock it?
I’m from Italy and I already received the email for the documents from KCC. I’m an international student in USA and I would like to know if there is the possibility to do the interview in the USA without go back in Italy. Thank you so much
Hi @Giorgia, You will need to follow the Adjustment of Status(AoS) thread. That way you can get your case processed in the US. However, I'm not sure if it's too late. Experts in the group can comment on that.

Hi everyone,
you’re Dv2021? Then ignore the DS260 and document request and run don’t walk to getting your payment done/package submitted… but only once you have read all the instructions /guidance in the spreadsheet linked in the first page of this thread https://forums.immigration.com/threads/dv-2021-aos-only.342993/ and follow up with questions about anything not clear.

Today, A friend (AF region) just got an email from KCC requesting documents after sending without being requested 2 months ago, Is there still any chance for DQ and interview in the remaining weeks?

Today, A friend (AF region) just got an email from KCC requesting documents after sending without being requested 2 months ago, Is there still any chance for DQ and interview in the remaining weeks?
I got document request email from KCC in January this year. Sent my documents in February.
And since then, I haven’t been Documentarily Qualified.

So, to answer your question, there is a slight chance for your friend to get an interview now before September 30, depending on his/her case number. (Many low CNs are getting 2NLs).

Maybe he/she will have a chance, considering how KCC is functioning at the moment and the potential upcoming court orders.

In any way, I hope he/she is a plaintiff in a lawsuit.

I got document request email from KCC in January this year. Sent my documents in February.
And since then, I haven’t been Documentarily Qualified.

So, to answer your question, there is a slight chance for your friend to get an interview now before September 30, depending on his/her case number. (Many low CNs are getting 2NLs).

Maybe he/she will have a chance, considering how KCC is functioning at the moment and the potential upcoming court orders.

In any way, I hope he/she is a plaintiff in a lawsuit.
Yes, he is a Goodluck plaintiff. Thank for your reaction. Hopping for the best for us All

Something weird happened to my friend who was requested to send "further documents" by KCC yesterday... after sending them almost immediately, she received again the same letter requesting the documents and she sent them again... Is this common?

Hi all!
42 days that our passports are hold at the Paris embassy without receiving any communication
Is there any advice from your side ?
we’ve sent already email 1 month ago without getting any reply

Short question (Maybe a bit too little too late to ask, but still) - I'm a DV2021 selectee having an interview scheduled for next week (all documents and medical is done). I claimed the wrong country of chargeability (I listed Latvia (a place where I lived almost all of my life) instead of Russia (where I was born).

I know that normally in case of this kind of error if the country is from the same region, and there's no additional benefit I'm extracting from this error, CO will usually let it pass. But on one other DV-related forum (Russian speaking) a few people mentioned that rules around this topic have changed. I couldn't find any official or reliable source of information for that matter. Does anyone know if that's the case? :) Got me stressed a bit..

Thank you!

Short question (Maybe a bit too little too late to ask, but still) - I'm a DV2021 selectee having an interview scheduled for next week (all documents and medical is done). I claimed the wrong country of chargeability (I listed Latvia (a place where I lived almost all of my life) instead of Russia (where I was born).

I know that normally in case of this kind of error if the country is from the same region, and there's no additional benefit I'm extracting from this error, CO will usually let it pass. But on one other DV-related forum (Russian speaking) a few people mentioned that rules around this topic have changed. I couldn't find any official or reliable source of information for that matter. Does anyone know if that's the case? :) Got me stressed a bit..

Thank you!
The part of the rules stating that is is ok if same region, have disappeared from the public version of the manual. It is not clear to me (and a couple of others here) if that means the rule has actually changed. Please do give us feedback after your interview.