IR5 entry from India for parents

Where to Find when your DS260 expires? My parents was issued Nov 2019 and their May 2021 interview in Mumbai got cancelled.
i don;t think it expires, its just how old it is....its on the ds260 confirmation page -- the date it was submitted

Sorry. I misunderstood your message. I was able to edit back in April. Can't edit now though but it says expiration is April 2022 now
that is what it says on mine too...i think that expiration date is for the form itself---like what we have on tax forms.....version control.

Where to Find when your DS260 expires? My parents was issued Nov 2019 and their May 2021 interview in Mumbai got cancelled.
Consulate appointment confirmation asks to update DS 260 if more than Year old, screen shot above.
When did your parents IR5 expire?

that is what it says on mine too...i think that expiration date is for the form itself---like what we have on tax forms.....version control.
Are you sure that is what the date is for the form version? I find it kind of redundant to have it on an an electronic form. Understandable to see it on paper forms or PDFs as many websites would have old versions of forms floating on the web.

I thought I edited it back in April 2021 when I had scheduled for an appointment. Now after all this back and forth I'm having doubts if I ever edited it and resubmitted!! The DS-260 confirmation page shows it was last edited on March 2019.

Last edited:
Are you sure that is what the date is for the form version? I find it kind of redundant to have it on an an electronic form. Understandable to see it on paper forms or PDFs as many websites would have old versions of forms floating on the web.

I thought I edited it back in April 2021 when I had scheduled for an appointment. Now after all this back and forth I'm having doubts if I ever edited it and resubmitted!! The DS-260 confirmation page shows it was last edited on March 2019.
if you were able to edit and resubmit the ds260 confirmation page would be different and the confirmation # would be different. It sounds like you did not.

How to schedule appointment on the consulate website? (DQ Nov 2019. Interview cancelled May 17, 2021)
When I login and go through prompts, it shows multiple dates for Mumbai for July. Whenever I try, I get the message (attached)- "there are no appointment available, please press back and try another date" When I try other dates (which are not greyed out) , I get locked out for suspicious activity.

Attachments

• app.png
    app.png
    6.4 KB · Views: 8
How to schedule appointment on the consulate website? (DQ Nov 2019. Interview cancelled May 17, 2021)
When I login and go through prompts, it shows multiple dates for Mumbai for July. Whenever I try, I get the message (attached)- "there are no appointment available, please press back and try another date" When I try other dates (which are not greyed out) , I get locked out for suspicious activity.
OFC Apointment

Offsite Facilitation Center (OFC) is set up by the US embassy to enable faster processing of visa applications by taking your fingerprints and visa photographs before your US visa interview. This process of giving fingerprints is known as 'Biometric' and you need an appointment to visit the OFC center

Wishing you all the best!
good luck, My parents was today and it re-issued....thanks God! The officer did ask all the questions( retirement, my address, employer, position, status, etc.) again to make sure nothing in the DS260 changed. It was about 2 yrs old. They had to repay fees at the counter....they spent about 4.5 hrs at the embassy total. For some reason, they also asked to see my parents birth and marriage certificates this time around, they had not asked for it the first time. The officer asked why they did not use the visa the first time around. I had given them letters for covid and ds260 anticipating this, but they were able to verbalize and did not need to use the letters. Actual time spent with consular officer was 5-10 minutes.

Hope this helps!

good luck, My parents was today and it re-issued....thanks God! The officer did ask all the questions( retirement, my address, employer, position, status, etc.) again to make sure nothing in the DS260 changed. It was about 2 yrs old. They had to repay fees at the counter....they spent about 4.5 hrs at the embassy total. For some reason, they also asked to see my parents birth and marriage certificates this time around, they had not asked for it the first time. The officer asked why they did not use the visa the first time around. I had given them letters for covid and ds260 anticipating this, but they were able to verbalize and did not need to use the letters. Actual time spent with consular officer was 5-10 minutes.
Hope this helps!
Congratulations! So happy for you.
I too am in the same boat as you. We were unable to use our visa last year due to the pandemic.

I wanted to know
1) how you got a new appointment for reissuing the visa?
2) where did you upload the new medical reports? If you did.
3) our ds 260 also only has minor changes since we submitted last year, like address change. Did you carry/submit/fill a new ds 260 or not?

Congratulations! So happy for you.
I too am in the same boat as you. We were unable to use our visa last year due to the pandemic.

I wanted to know
1) how you got a new appointment for reissuing the visa?
2) where did you upload the new medical reports? If you did.
3) our ds 260 also only has minor changes since we submitted last year, like address change. Did you carry/submit/fill a new ds 260 or not?
1A- i made the appt online--- i had 1 email from june 2020 directly from mumbai consulate that said once open, u can do walk in, but that email was out of service in 2021, then i emailed ustraveldocs multiple times and got an email with "IR5" in it that said to schedule appointments online when embassy is open, i checked 3 times a day to find a slot, may 10th original appt was cancelled, cancellation email stated we can directly rebook when open, no need to call/contact
1B- chennai apollo did paper version even for the first time, second time also they handed sealed medical report to my parents, so no uploading
1C- i could not and did not update ds260. Also there was no change in info provided in DS260

1A- i made the appt online--- i had 1 email from june 2020 directly from mumbai consulate that said once open, u can do walk in, but that email was out of service in 2021, then i emailed ustraveldocs multiple times and got an email with "IR5" in it that said to schedule appointments online when embassy is open, i checked 3 times a day to find a slot, may 10th original appt was cancelled, cancellation email stated we can directly rebook when open, no need to call/contact
1B- chennai apollo did paper version even for the first time, second time also they handed sealed medical report to my parents, so no uploading
1C- i could not and did not update ds260. Also there was no change in info provided in DS260
Thank you very much for the information.

My mom got her IR5 approved at Mumbai just now.So the DS260 not edited recently was not an issue at all and was not raised at the interview. She was asked for Birth certificate. Then was asked if she plans to work when in US. My mom said just want to spend time with grandkids and am too old to work. The officer said apparently, you're approved. You can spend time with your grandkids. Good luck to you all!

Last edited:

Hope this helps!
That's great to hear. The $225 fee for visa packet is to be paid online before travel to US or at Port of entry? My mom told me she as given a slip which mentioned that.

Can you please tell us when was the first visa issued and when did it expired so we can get an idea about how they are prioritising applicants

My mom got her IR5 approved at Mumbai just now.So the DS260 not edited recently was not an issue at all and was not raised at the interview. She was asked for Birth certificate. Then was asked if she plans to work when in US. My mom said just want to spend time with grandkids and am too old to work. The officer said apparently, you're approved. You can spend time with your grandkids. Good luck to you all!
Congratulations!

Can you please tell us when was the first visa issued and when did it expired so we can get an idea about how they are prioritising applicants
In my mom's case she had interview in Dec19, 221(g), then got visa stamped and sent Mar 10 last year. With covid shutdowns, her visa expired end of May last year . And I had booked her appointment this year in April and May which got cancelled due to Covid numbers. Finally got it now. She had to get PCC and medical done again.