• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

I don’t buy the “KCC scheduled high DV cases because applicants submitted their documents early on Sept.”.

I got the RFS email on August 2020, my case became current on April. The Embassy I selected manages very few DV cases (mine is probably the only one) and they have been issuing IVs.

I understand the “priority” indicated for IVs but I don’t understand how KCC and the Embassy haven’t been able to schedule one DV interview.
Are
I don’t buy the “KCC scheduled high DV cases because applicants submitted their documents early on Sept.”.

I got the RFS email on August 2020, my case became current on April. The Embassy I selected manages very few DV cases (mine is probably the only one) and they have been issuing IVs.

I understand the “priority” indicated for IVs but I don’t understand how KCC and the Embassy haven’t been able to schedule one DV interview.
My embassy sounds very familiar, are you from.SA region?

Hi @Britsimon and fellow DV21 selectees,

A friend of mine has already sent all the necessary documents for DV21 visa processing, but not received a confirmation from KCC. His wife is the primary DV21 selectee.
His passport expires on September 16, 2021. He plans to get a new passport but he is wondering as a derivate applicant whether he needs to update his DS-260 with the new passport information or he can just show both passports during the interview?

Thanks in advance!

W.

Hi @Britsimon and fellow DV21 selectees,

A friend of mine has already sent all the necessary documents for DV21 visa processing, but not received a confirmation from KCC. His wife is the primary DV21 selectee.
His passport expires on September 16, 2021. He plans to get a new passport but he is wondering as a derivate applicant whether he needs to update his DS-260 with the new passport information or he can just show both passports during the interview?

Thanks in advance!

W.
Show both passports at the interview.

I suggest you and your family actually visit your nearest CBP Deferred Inspection location (don’t rely on phone calls or email), take the envelopes with you. If CBP already received the electronic version of your immigration records, they will let you know at that point and you get to keep the envelopes in that case.
I searched for the nearest CBP Deferred Inspection , but unfortunately they where closed, also we are flying to Arizona and there is no office located there, so I decided to go ahead and bring the envelopes to the CBP located at the LAX airport (Tom Bradley International Terminal) , as it was our only option at this point.... Now we'll just have to wait and see what will happen. If our Green Card will be delayed or they will just say that they don't have any records of us, at least we know what happened and explain the error... Is it any way to check, maybe in 2-3 weeks from now, our GC status? Hope for the best and that they don't screw this up even more ...

I searched for the nearest CBP Deferred Inspection , but unfortunately they where closed, also we are flying to Arizona and there is no office located there, so I decided to go ahead and bring the envelopes to the CBP located at the LAX airport (Tom Bradley International Terminal) , as it was our only option at this point.... Now we'll just have to wait and see what will happen. If our Green Card will be delayed or they will just say that they don't have any records of us, at least we know what happened and explain the error... Is it any way to check, maybe in 2-3 weeks from now, our GC status? Hope for the best and that they don't screw this up even more ...
what does it say on the uscis case status page if you enter the immigrant fee receipt number? That's normally where you track - i personally did this what 7 years ago so not sure what the current "progression" of statuses is though https://egov.uscis.gov/casestatus/landing.do

what does it say on the uscis case status page if you enter the immigrant fee receipt number? That's normally where you track - i personally did this what 7 years ago so not sure what the current "progression" of statuses is though
IMG_20210614_140804.jpg

My wife (principal applicant) made an online account at USCIS in May when we payed the Immigrant Fee, this is what appears on the status. I also checked on the link that you provide, is the same message (that they received the payment .... ).

Hello guys, I have a question about address in US
Let's say I put Address A in my DS260 and I get my visa Issued after that.
Then at port of entry in US I put Address B
Now my question is:
1- Is it possible that my green card get mailed to address A? If yes what should I do to prevent it?
I was thinking about differ of paying of Green card issuance fee after arriving in US ! Is it OK?
2- Is there any tracking service to check which address my Green card is mailing to? Or maybe change it if that was incorrect address?

Hello, Am very new here. Just wanted to find out why I have not received any response from KCC after submitting my DS-260 in December 2020. Sorry if I may be taking you back,

Hi Everybody!

Hope all of you have a great day! I am a dv2021 selectee from EU and a plaintiff in Goh case. I have a question, hopefully some of you have the right answer to make my life easier

Is it true that from March 2021 we do not have to provide the declaration of self-sufficiency? So we do not have to bring an "evidence" to the interview to prove we won't be a public charge?

I googled it and find this one:

"On or after March 9, 2021, applicants and petitioners should not provide information required solely by the Public Charge Final Rule. That means that applicants for adjustment of status should not provide the Form I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency, or any evidence or documentation required on that form with their Form I-485."

Thank you in advance!

Hi Everybody!

Hope all of you have a great day! I am a dv2021 selectee from EU and a plaintiff in Goh case. I have a question, hopefully some of you have the right answer to make my life easier

Is it true that from March 2021 we do not have to provide the declaration of self-sufficiency? So we do not have to bring an "evidence" to the interview to prove we won't be a public charge?

I googled it and find this one:

"On or after March 9, 2021, applicants and petitioners should not provide information required solely by the Public Charge Final Rule. That means that applicants for adjustment of status should not provide the Form I-944, Declaration of Self-Sufficiency, or any evidence or documentation required on that form with their Form I-485."

Thank you in advance!
The I-944 Self-Sufficiency Declaration form you quoted above which is no longer being enforced is AOS related, it has never been applicable to CP, CP applicants were never required to present it in the first place. There is an expectation to still be able to demonstrate you're unlikely to become a public charge.

Hello, Am very new here. Just wanted to find out why I have not received any response from KCC after submitting my DS-260 in December 2020. Sorry if I may be taking you back,
If you haven't sent in your required documents to KCC outside of submitting your DS-260, you might have left things too late at this point. Several selectees didn't get any communication from KCC either after submitting their DS260 form, but they've subsequently sent in the applicable documents.

Hello guys, I have a question about address in US
Let's say I put Address A in my DS260 and I get my visa Issued after that.
Then at port of entry in US I put Address B
Now my question is:
1- Is it possible that my green card get mailed to address A? If yes what should I do to prevent it?
I was thinking about differ of paying of Green card issuance fee after arriving in US ! Is it OK?
2- Is there any tracking service to check which address my Green card is mailing to? Or maybe change it if that was incorrect address?
If the address gets correctly updated at the POE, the GC gets sent to the updated address.

The I-944 Self-Sufficiency Declaration form you quoted above which is no longer being enforced is AOS related, it has never been applicable to CP, CP applicants were never required to present it in the first place. There is an expectation to still be able to demonstrate you're unlikely to become a public charge.
Thank you very much! So there is a possibility they will ask for my bank statement (or other belongings) to prove I won't be a public charge. If they won't ask in the e-mail before the interview to bring it, it's not obligatory, right? Or I can ask for the affidavit of support from my relatives in the US? What is your suggestion to do since I won't be able to present 10-15 dollar immediately? Thank you once again!