• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2022 All Selectees (Consular Processing - CP)

1. Yes you can.
2. It could be a couple of days or weeks. KCC is quite backlogged, they’re playing catch-up at the moment. Again, your AS10XXX CN is not going to be current for a while so be patient.
Thank you so so much...
And do you think it is a good time for sending docs now? or should I wait a little bit more (maybe one or two months)?

I really appreciate your helpful guidance.

Hi
considering PCC;
I have been working on a project in a country since 2014. but have never been there for more than 6 months unbroken.
1-I would prepare and send a police certificate from that country anyway. Is it getting confusing for KCC to send them a PCC without mentioning that country in the address section? I want to list my addresses in my home country only because I was sent there occasionally for that project in short and long periods.
2- reciprocity instructions say PCC from my home country is not required. So should I make a pdf from the reciprocity instructions page and send it instead or just send the package without the home country PCC.

Hi I am DV2022 selectee.
CN:AS4xxx

I have two questions related to family/child information on DS-260.

I have only son who has US citizen(born in the US in 2017).

The FAQ of INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DV-2022
says,
"You are not required to list children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents, though you will not be penalized if you do include them."

I didn't include my son on eDV entry so that he is not appered on the list of applicant information as my accompany on the summary information page(the top page of DS-260).

Q1. Do I need to add him as an applicant even though he is US citizen?

In my IV application, I answered I have a child & filled out his birthday/ birth place(USA) etc...

Q2. Am I answering questions below correctly?
- Do you have any children? -> yes
- Does this child live with you? -> yes
- Is this child immigrating to the US with you? -> no, I assume he is returning to the US but not immigrating to the US. Is this correct?
- Is this child immigrating to the US at a later date to join you? -> no, I assume he will enter the US together with me.

Last edited:
Hi
considering PCC;
I have been working on a project in a country since 2014. but have never been there for more than 6 months unbroken.
1-I would prepare and send a police certificate from that country anyway. Is it getting confusing for KCC to send them a PCC without mentioning that country in the address section? I want to list my addresses in my home country only because I was sent there occasionally for that project in short and long periods.
2- reciprocity instructions say PCC from my home country is not required. So should I make a pdf from the reciprocity instructions page and send it instead or just send the package without the home country PCC.
1. How many months a year were you working on average in this country? if you were there more than half a year on average I personally would both list it in address section and get PCC.
2. Yes send a copy from the reciprocity page, and please ensure you read the instructions which say clearly “If you cannot obtain a particular document, send an explanation of why you cannot obtain the document, as an attachment in .jpeg or .pdf format” https://travel.state.gov/content/tr...ersity-visa-prepare-supporting-documents.html Definitely do not assume that KCC has the time to investigate all possible reasons for apparent missing documents from all selectees.

Hi
considering PCC;
1. Didn’t we already answer this on the thread you created? Why wouldn’t you list that address in your address history by the way?

Hi I am DV2022 selectee.
CN:AS4xxx

I have two questions related to family/child information on DS-260.

I have only son who has US citizen(born in the US in 2017).

The FAQ of INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE DV-2022
says,
"You are not required to list children who are already U.S. citizens or Lawful Permanent Residents, though you will not be penalized if you do include them."

I didn't include my son on eDV entry so that he is not appered on the list of applicant information as my accompany on the summary information page(the top page of DS-260).

Q1. Do I need to add him as an applicant even though he is US citizen?

In my IV application, I answered I have a child & filled out his birthday/ birth place(USA) etc...

Q2. Am I answering questions below correctly?
- Do you have any children? -> yes
- Does this child live with you? -> yes
- Is this child immigrating to the US with you? -> no, I assume he is returning to the US but not immigrating to the US. Is this correct?
- Is this child immigrating to the US at a later date to join you? -> no, I assume he will enter the US together with me.
1. No.
2. Yes.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your previous answers. I have a few more questions and I would be very grateful to receive an answer.

1. IN section:

Highest level of education completed: I wrote HIGH SHOOL DIPLOMA

1.1. Is this correct?

2. IN section:

Number of educational Institution Attended:

What should I write:

2.1.Only the school I have attended in the last 5 years and from which my high school diploma was issued or also the school I attended before when I was issued a primary education certificate, because these are two different schools.

2.2.Do I have to write in this section (Number of educational Institution Attended ) the university I am currently attending? I'm a first year student I don't have a degree yet.

3. I wrote in section; Work/Education/Training Information:

Primary Occupation
– STUDENT

Other Occupation - athlete from the national sports federation - Is it correct to describe this as Other Occupation?

Тhanks a lot once again!

Hello,

Thank you very much for your previous answers. I have a few more questions and I would be very grateful to receive an answer.

1. IN section:

Highest level of education completed: I wrote HIGH SHOOL DIPLOMA

1.1. Is this correct?

2. IN section:

Number of educational Institution Attended:

What should I write:

2.1.Only the school I have attended in the last 5 years and from which my high school diploma was issued or also the school I attended before when I was issued a primary education certificate, because these are two different schools.

2.2.Do I have to write in this section (Number of educational Institution Attended ) the university I am currently attending? I'm a first year student I don't have a degree yet.

3. I wrote in section; Work/Education/Training Information:

Primary Occupation
– STUDENT
Other Occupation - athlete from the national sports federation - Is it correct to describe this as Other Occupation?

Тhanks a lot once again!
1. Yes
2. 1. Please make sure you read the instructions on the form - it asks for education at secondary level and above
2. 2. Yes
3. Use your discretion

Yes and I applied for that PCC.
But, in the most accurate version, I must list here as my present address because at the moment I am here. the problem is, they may change my interview embassy here in Sri Lanka where I am not sure whether or not I can have a resident visa next year. another problem is, it may look more complicated (52-time changes in address between 2 countries) and I prefer to avoid my case go with AP because my case is As11000.
and finally, I heard @Britsimon says more or less he was in the same situation and did not mention his business trips and it was fine. I am not sure whether or not he was also abroad more than half a year on average or not although.
maybe both versions are just fine.

Last edited:
Am an International student traveling to an EU country in September for Graduate studies.

The problem is i want to submit my DS 260 now even though am yet to travel out and don't know the Country(Embassy) to pick for interview.

Is it possible to choose the EU country as where i want to be interviewed or automatically i will be assigned to Africa that is my area of chargeability for interview?

Hi everyone! I got selected with the CS EU26XXX, I sent the DS260 and selected Madrid to have my interview (since it's where I live). Just this week I have been offered a job with an H1B visa in San Francisco to start in January, and I was wondering if that could interfere with the Green Card lottery process. Could anyone give me some advice or information? I have been researching online but didn't find anything related to this specific situation.
Thanks in advance!

Hi everyone! I got selected with the CS EU26XXX, I sent the DS260 and selected Madrid to have my interview (since it's where I live). Just this week I have been offered a job with an H1B visa in San Francisco to start in January, and I was wondering if that could interfere with the Green Card lottery process. Could anyone give me some advice or information? I have been researching online but didn't find anything related to this specific situation.
Thanks in advance!
H1b is a dual-intent visa

But, in the most accurate version, I must list here as my present address because at the moment I am here. the problem is, they may change my interview embassy here in Sri Lanka where I am not sure whether or not I can have a resident visa next year. another problem is, it may look more complicated (52-time changes in address between 2 countries) and I prefer to avoid my case go with AP because my case is As11000.
and finally, I heard @Britsimon says more or less he was in the same situation and did not mention his business trips and it was fine. I am not sure whether or not he was also abroad more than half a year on average or not although.
Again, you need to list that address! You’ve been spending 5 to 6 months in another country since 2014 to date, roughly 7 years, this is not the same as basically “going on a business trip”. Your home address in Sri Lanka (since you spend the remaining half of each year, more or less) is your primary place of residence and should be listed as current address regardless of where you are at the moment, that enables you to be scheduled for your interview in Sri Lanka. You don’t necessarily have to list address changes 52 times on the DS260 form, figure out how to list both one time each as your residency in both countries is ongoing. I don’t know about Simon listing or not listing business trips, but I’m willing to bet his business trips were not back and forth between two countries where he was spending roughly six months a year in each country for several years back to back.

Am an International student traveling to an EU country in September for Graduate studies.

The problem is i want to submit my DS 260 now even though am yet to travel out and don't know the Country(Embassy) to pick for interview.

Is it possible to choose the EU country as where i want to be interviewed or automatically i will be assigned to Africa that is my area of chargeability for interview?
You will be assigned to the embassy serving what you list as your current address in the DS260. So you can either unlock the DS and update your address in September, or you can just wait till September when you move to submit your DS260. If you have a low number and you submit now, even if you update your address when you move you may have already been assigned an interview in your current home country.

It does not at all sound the same as various business trips over the years. You have been working on one project in one place for months at a time for 6 or 7 years. Anyway the CO is not dumb and will see all the passport stamps, and it sounds like you have a long term visa in your passport for your work country; you can try explain to the CO why you purposely left out important information on the form or you can list it. I personally think you have a higher chance of AP if you don’t list both addresses. As mom said you don’t need to change it every single time, figure a way to just have both listed for the time of your contract.

You will be assigned to the embassy serving what you list as your current address in the DS260. So you can either unlock the DS and update your address in September, or you can just wait till September when you move to submit your DS260. If you have a low number and you submit now, even if you update your address when you move you may have already been assigned an interview in your current home country.
Thank you soo much... I will submit it upon my arrival in EU. Thank you clearly understood now

Thanks for answering! I don't know what that means regarding the green card. Would that hurt my chances? Or is it possible not getting the H1B because I applied for the GD lottery?
It means you can have immigrant intent and still get the H1B visa with no issues. So no, it should not hurt your chance for either.