• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

I don’t buy the “KCC scheduled high DV cases because applicants submitted their documents early on Sept.”.

I got the RFS email on August 2020, my case became current on April. The Embassy I selected manages very few DV cases (mine is probably the only one) and they have been issuing IVs.

I understand the “priority” indicated for IVs but I don’t understand how KCC and the Embassy haven’t been able to schedule one DV interview.

I don’t buy the “KCC scheduled high DV cases because applicants submitted their documents early on Sept.”.

I got the RFS email on August 2020, my case became current on April. The Embassy I selected manages very few DV cases (mine is probably the only one) and they have been issuing IVs.

I understand the “priority” indicated for IVs but I don’t understand how KCC and the Embassy haven’t been able to schedule one DV interview.
I hope you are on one of the lawsuits

I have sent an inquiry* last month to KCC and after exactly 31 days they replied back saying: “For security purposes, KCC cannot reveal any information regarding your case if you cannot provide all the required information.”
Keep in mind that I have CLEARLY written my name, surname, date of birth, and case number all in same format as asked in the email I have sent. Yet, they still reply with such randomness after 31 days (up from just 14).

*The inquiry was about whether or not KCC was satisfied with documents submitted.
Keep sending emails. Wish the docs are confirmed before the final hearing

Nope, nothing. What's the expedited request? And when/where did he say that? I just had the paralegal assigned to my case that asked KCC to be officially added to my case. (It was earlier this week)
I got assigned to a paralegal. Are you saying your paralegal sent KCC an email on your behalf because I feel that's the expedited request as she phased it.

I got assigned to a paralegal. Are you saying your paralegal sent KCC an email on your behalf because I feel that's the expedited request as she phased it.
Nope, it’s not an expedited request at all. The paralegal was simply telling them that we are working with a lawyer and KCC needs to ask them on all the communications they send to us.

that’s the only email I saw from my paralegal. Maybe you saw something else?

Nope, it’s not an expedited request at all. The paralegal was simply telling them that we are working with a lawyer and KCC needs to ask them on all the communications they send to us.

that’s the only email I saw from my paralegal. Maybe you saw something else?
Your case sound more advance than mines. I have not even sent that as yet for me. My email was focused on not contacting them since they are currently working on other things like contacting KCC and embassy on our behalf and they would copy us on the email. I think that's what you got.

hello to @Sm1smom and @Britsimon and all other members that can help me
I have a question, my case number is 2021as00018xxx ,and I am from Iran ,kcc asked for my documents and I sent my documents about 6 weeks ago there is no answer or interview appointment after this time passed.
I choose us.embassy of Ankara for my interview ,the embassy said we don't accept dv lottery selectee due to corona virus and they said that we are very busy
june 2021 visa bulletin iran is 6400
so what should I do?
is it possible to change my embassy?
any suggestion or guidance?
thanks so much

Your case sound more advance than mines. I have not even sent that as yet for me. My email was focused on not contacting them since they are currently working on other things like contacting KCC and embassy on our behalf and they would copy us on the email. I think that's what you got.
Oh ok! But it's definitely NOT about getting our cases expedited. They wouldn't be able to do that anyway until there is a hearing with judge Metha. Your paralegal may be in the process of sending the same email to them. They might not want to send them 11,000 emails at the same time though lol so that's why they did for me this week and maybe for you next week. Unsure what their strategy is at this point regarding the emails. Simon was saying that there has been some movement for the Goh plaintiffs so we shall see.

What is KCC email? I have sent a few emails last year and still have not received a reply. I have contacted my local embassy and they seem to be giving me a different email each time.

hello to @Sm1smom and @Britsimon and all other members that can help me
I have a question, my case number is 2021as00018xxx ,and I am from Iran ,kcc asked for my documents and I sent my documents about 6 weeks ago there is no answer or interview appointment after this time passed.
I choose us.embassy of Ankara for my interview ,the embassy said we don't accept dv lottery selectee due to corona virus and they said that we are very busy
june 2021 visa bulletin iran is 6400
so what should I do?
is it possible to change my embassy?
any suggestion or guidance?
thanks so much
I don’t know if you can change to a new embassy at this point, plus most are not even accepting cases from non-residents.

Hello,
My family are one of the lucky ones that where processed the visa and yesterday we entered US, we landed at Los Angeles airport (LAX). We are so grateful and hopefully we will see more DV2021 selectees that will turn their dreams into reality!

We have a question about our entry... We had all the documents with us, the envelopes from the embassy, the CD with the xRay, the USCIS confirmations for the Immigrant Fee... But the officer from the Imigration didn't take anything (we put all the documents on the counter) and he didn't open the envelopes... He was a friendly guy, and before we left we asked him what to do with the sealed envelopes and told us that we can take them with us, there are ours... He stamp our visas, everything is OK, but we are confused about this, because from our research, we understood that the sealed envelopes and the CD remains with the Imigration officer at the border... But he didn't even looked into the envelopes :) So now what are we supposed to do with this documents? Is anyone encountered this situation before? Thank you!

Hello,
My family are one of the lucky ones that where processed the visa and yesterday we entered US, we landed at Los Angeles airport (LAX). We are so grateful and hopefully we will see more DV2021 selectees that will turn their dreams into reality!

We have a question about our entry... We had all the documents with us, the envelopes from the embassy, the CD with the xRay, the USCIS confirmations for the Immigrant Fee... But the officer from the Imigration didn't take anything (we put all the documents on the counter) and he didn't open the envelopes... He was a friendly guy, and before we left we asked him what to do with the sealed envelopes and told us that we can take them with us, there are ours... He stamp our visas, everything is OK, but we are confused about this, because from our research, we understood that the sealed envelopes and the CD remains with the Imigration officer at the border... But he didn't even looked into the envelopes :) So now what are we supposed to do with this documents? Is anyone encountered this situation before? Thank you!

He screwed up. They are supposed to take the envelope and process the documents inside.

You could contact CBP at the airport and they may ask you to take the envelope back there, or they may suggest you take it to USCIS.

Hello,

Congrats on arriving in the US. He did not need your CD or IV fee receipt but he should have taken the big sealed envelope. Many consulates are now issuing the documents in electronic form (annotation on visa saying “IV docs in CCD“ - I assume you don’t have that?) instead of a physical envelope so that may explain the mix-up, but as above you need to contact CBP to get it sorted out. You will not get a green card in the mail if you don’t.

Hello,

I suggest you and your family actually visit your nearest CBP Deferred Inspection location (don’t rely on phone calls or email), take the envelopes with you. If CBP already received the electronic version of your immigration records, they will let you know at that point and you get to keep the envelopes in that case.

Brit & Susie, thank you for your responses. We called them and they told us to look on the visas at the annotation if is there anything regarding "IV docs in CCD" ... We don't have that, the only anotation is regarding entry together as a family (together with the principal applicant). I told them that we are still in L.A. so I can come and bring the envelopes. He then asked me to come at the airport at the US Customs and Border Protection - Public Information Office and leave them there. So glad that I asked on the forum, you guys rock! :) Thank you!

Thank you for your response Sm1smom! They told us to come back to the Airport (we are near, so no problem) and leave the envelopes at the US Customs and Border protection office. It's better to find the CBP Deferred Inspection and go there instead?

Thank you for your response Sm1smom! They told us to come back to the Airport (we are near, so no problem) and leave the envelopes at the US Customs and Border protection office. It's better to find the CBP Deferred Inspection and go there instead?
Personally, I will go to a deferred inspection location, they are used to dealing with admission mess and straightening things out. And it does seem like there’s one close to (if not inside) LAX - find the address on the link I posted above. Do make sure you go to the right office though, and not hand over those documents to just any CBP officer you come across.