• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi folks,
We've had an interview today and want to share our experience.
Field Office: Philadelphia, PA
We received 3 interview appointment letters, my husband's interview was scheduled for 8:30 and our son's and myself for 9:30, all for the same day. We arrived at 8:15 at the office and registered altogether. Then we waited for 2 hours, periodically asking stuff whether is everything alright with our appointment. They asked us to wait. We were worried because people around us came and go pretty quickly. It seemed they forgot about our appointment and didn't assign our case to anyone. After waiting 2 hours finally IO came and took us into his workplace. He was very polite and professional and told us that he will be the person who makes the final decision on our case. He asked us questions from I-485 and if there anything has changed since we filled our documents. In the end, I asked him what should we expect next and he told me that DV lottery cases are rare and he needs to check with procedures and review our documents. But overall he doesn't see any issues. So we left and in 2 hours our statuses updated to New card is being produced.
We are so happy and want to thank @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ and this amazing community for help and endless support. God bless you guys!
Congratulations!!!

Reactions: TZ&
Since you guys did not list a common primary address, you cases will not be adjudicated together. His AOS case file will get sent to the FO with jurisdiction over his primary address in his state of residence, yours will also get sent to the FO with jurisdiction over your address. Your application cannot be adjudicated until after he has successfully completed his own and his AOS case file gets forwarded from his FO to yours.

Expect extra scrutiny and be prepared to demonstrate your marriage is genuine (even if you were married before he gets selected), considering you’ve never been to his place and he visits you “when available”
Usually how long does it take for the jurisdiction to complete? Is it after sending out bio letter? Thanks.

Thanks for the help with this @Blade_ and @Sm1smom and for taking the time to reply to my question ^_^
I'll keep an eye out for the Bio letter and see how the name is spelled there while making sure to mention this to the bio technician and the IO.

@Chuchuaaa thank you so much for taking the time to reply to this.
Knowing that your bio notice didn't have the typo actually sets my brain at ease so thank you so much for mentioning this :D
If you don't mind me asking, did you get in touch with a Tier 2 agent before or after receiving the bio notice? if before, did they not mention any sort of intervention with the error on their side? ie: do you think the bio letter had the correct name because of something they did?
Also, congrats on receiving your GC!

Sounds like (as always and as expected) all the signs point to 'follow @Sm1smom 's advice and calm down' :D
I talked to Emma and got transferred to a live agent (Tier 1) on Mar 24, and I got my bio notice on Mar 27, which was issued on Mar 19. Therefore I do not think it was my attempt that corrected the name on my bio notice. I had no idea why my bio notice had the correct name at all since I had to use misspelled name when I talked to Emma/live agent in order for them to locate my case in the system.

Tier 1 in the online chat could not correct the typo for me, and they had to put me on the waitlist for a Tier 2 call back. Even after talking to Tier 2, the only thing I got from them was an email saying that the interviewing officer would verify the information. At my interview, the IO was aware of the request for correcting the typo. He looked at my marriage certificate and assured me that my GC would have the correct name.

And yes, please always listen to Mom :)

Usually how long does it take for the jurisdiction to complete? Is it after sending out bio letter? Thanks.
Case adjudication completion depends on several factors such as availability of an IO with DV based AOS application experience, the entire FO and specific IO’s workload, applicants background check clearance completion, KCC case file receipt, etc. Take a look at the timeline spreadsheets, both past and present years to see average processing time.

Hey mom,
So my package arrived on lockbox on June first, and my I-685 expired on June 19. Should I prepared myself to get a new I-685 in case my case got denied if they dont check it before the due date?

Hi guys! Our number went current in June. We sent our package and delivered on 5/14, received by A Adams.
<Situation>
It has been 27 days since the delivery and our check has not even been cashed yet. Of course we have not received an acceptance email or text. I do see one person on the timeline spreadsheet that sent the package 1 day after us and still hasn't been cashed. However, other than that, I see people who sent it even 1 week after (5/20) have been cashed and notified.

<Questions>
1)Given our timeline, at what point or when should we prepare and send another package? Do we need to wait until we receive the rejected package? In order for us to send another package, we need about 4-5 days for us to get the exam finished so want to plan for the worst and act quickly.

2)Lastly, how may I check if the person who received the package actually works for USCIS? I have the name but could not find a way to locate on USCIS website. Any thoughts are appreciated!
I am in the same boat. Package received and signed by J Harper on May 19. Have not received text/email notification yet nor money order has been cashed. Did you have any updates by chance?

Hey mom,
So my package arrived on lockbox on June first, and my I-685 expired on June 19. Should I prepared myself to get a new I-685 in case my case got denied if they dont check it before the due date?
The medical exam is fine provided your AOS package doesn’t get rejected for some other reason and sent back to you. You will need an updated medical report in that case.

Do you mind if I ask how you checked if the person works at the USCIS? Did you go to Linkedin? or any other tool to verify? I am in the same situation as you. Thank you!
Sorry for my late reply. I only googled his name and also added uscis. Since 2016 his name appears in many forums as the person who received I-485 forms and signed it. Any progress on your side? I am still waiting. It is 39th day.

Sorry for my late reply. I only googled his name and also added uscis. Since 2016 his name appears in many forums as the person who received I-485 forms and signed it. Any progress on your side? I am still waiting. It is 39th day.
Amazing. Thank you! Still waiting on my end too. I will make sure to update spreadsheet as soon as I have an update.

Have you called USCIS?
Yes I have called them this Friday. However, I could not get past the automated voicemail since it keeps asking for my receipt number, which I don't have. If I don't have it, it says that I will need to come back once I have it. I ended up trying a chat (Emma) on their website.
Did you have any luck getting to speak to someone by calling?

Yes I have called them this Friday. However, I could not get past the automated voicemail since it keeps asking for my receipt number, which I don't have. If I don't have it, it says that I will need to come back once I have it. I ended up trying a chat (Emma) on their website.
Did you have any luck getting to speak to someone by calling?
I am planning to call or start calling tomorrow. I am thinking I should have received the rejection letter with AOS package by now, maybe they lost it :oops::oops: