• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi again @Sm1smom, My wife and I just received our NOAs (Thank you so much for your guidance on this so far. The AOS spreadsheet literally contains EVERYTHING anyone would need). However, my last name on the NOA contains an extra letter but the last name written after the 'C/O" section on the same NOA is correct which seemed odd to me. The name also includes the initial of the first 'middle name' only (but I'm assuming this part shouldn't be a great issue, please correct me if I'm wrong though)

Example:
Correct name:
John Michael Jack Doe

NOA:
John M. Deoe
C/O John Doe
123 S 123th Street, etc

We triple-checked the copy we have of the AOS package we sent and the name was NOT misspelled by us on any of the forms. We even made sure to include my name in all possible combinations in the 'additional names' section of form I-485.
(by combinations I mean (using the example above):
1. First name: John Michael Jack Last name: Doe
2. First name: John Middle name: Michael Jack Last name: Doe
3. First name: John Last name: Doe
and so on)

A couple of questions if you don't mind:
1. Have you seen this happen before? is it common?
2. Do we:
a. Call USCIS to correct the error (the NOA says to contact them to 'update' the information if needed)
b. Just submit an e-Request to correct a typographic error through their website (found after googling for a bit)
c. Not worry about this for now and correct it during biometrics/interview (and if so would this delay the process due to a new background check for the correct name?)
3. Do you know if this would affect the case processing time? Especially since we've only got 3 more months in the FY.

Thanks again
It happened to me too. If you are interested in a more detailed description, you could take a look at my post

Basically, only the interviewing officer can correct it for you even if you submit an e-Request. I don't think the typo affected my I-485 processing time at all, however my bio notice had the correct name though. So just follow what @Sm1smom suggested - keep an eye on your bio & interview notice and communicate with your IO.

hello to @Sm1smom and @Britsimon and all other members that can help me
I have a question, my case number is 2021as00018xxx ,and I am from Iran ,kcc asked for my documents and I sent my documents about 6 weeks ago there is no answer or interview appointment after this time passed.
I choose us.embassy of Ankara for my interview ,the embassy said we don't accept dv lottery selectee due to corona virus and they said that we are very busy
june 2021 visa bulletin iran is 6400
so what should I do?
is it possible to change my embassy?
any suggestion or guidance?
thanks so much
This thread is for AOS (Adjustment of status) only, I think you should post at CP (Consular processing) thread.

My spouse and I live in different states due to work (we both have H1B visa) and my spouse is DV selectee. Recently, we filed I485 on 5/17 together, however, only his check was cashed and he already got his NOA on 6/8. Hi @Sm1smom , have you heard about the situation like me? Does the address difference from my spouse cause case denial? Another reason I think is that I did not include DV receipt. We filed I485 before we got DV receipt.
I got my rejected reason shown in attachment. I did include my spouse's DV selection letter so I think I was considered early filing. Our case number is current in June and we filed on 5/17. However, my spouse's case is accepted. I sent my second AOS package again and hope this time work.

Attachments

• unnamed.jpeg
    unnamed.jpeg
    522.9 KB · Views: 64
I was not employed since 2017. I had filed tax with no income in past years. I am currently an F1 student and I'm sending my sponsors forms.
Still, I need to send my Tax Transcript?
I’ve already answered your question. You can use your own discretion at this point as I don’t like repeating myself.

I got my rejected reason shown in attachment. I did include my spouse's DV selection letter so I think I was considered early filing. Our case number is current in June and we filed on 5/17. However, my spouse's case is accepted. I sent my second AOS package again and hope this time work.
1. The first filing, did you and your spouse send in the AOS packages together as one or did you mail them separately?
2. With the new filing which you just sent in, did you include your spouse’s AOS based NOA with your package?

1. The first filing, did you and your spouse send in the AOS packages together as one or did you mail them separately?
2. With the new filing which you just sent in, did you include your spouse’s AOS based NOA with your package?
1. We mailed together in one. Not separately.
2. I did include his NOA in my second package this time. Thanks!

1. We mailed together in one. Not separately.
2. I did include his NOA in my second package this time. Thanks!
1. That is quite interesting that your spouse’s package was accepted and yours was rejected due to early filing.
2. Good thing you did that, it shouldn’t be rejected again.

On a separate note, since you’re both working in different States, did you both list the same primary address (as in same mailing address and present address under the address history section)?

(If I may mom) I think it'd be fine as long as you ask the bio technician during the bio appointment to enter the correct name for your background check. It seems that submitting name correction requests further complicates and elongates the process.
As stated above, inform the Bio technician your name as been misspelt by USCIS (if you go for the bio before your interview appointment). Watch out for your interview letter to see if the name is still misspelt. Inform the IO when you go for your interview, the IO will correct the spelling error. That is all you need to do.
Thanks for the help with this @Blade_ and @Sm1smom and for taking the time to reply to my question ^_^
I'll keep an eye out for the Bio letter and see how the name is spelled there while making sure to mention this to the bio technician and the IO.

It happened to me too. If you are interested in a more detailed description, you could take a look at my post

Basically, only the interviewing officer can correct it for you even if you submit an e-Request. I don't think the typo affected my I-485 processing time at all, however my bio notice had the correct name though. So just follow what @Sm1smom suggested - keep an eye on your bio & interview notice and communicate with your IO.
@Chuchuaaa thank you so much for taking the time to reply to this.
Knowing that your bio notice didn't have the typo actually sets my brain at ease so thank you so much for mentioning this :D
If you don't mind me asking, did you get in touch with a Tier 2 agent before or after receiving the bio notice? if before, did they not mention any sort of intervention with the error on their side? ie: do you think the bio letter had the correct name because of something they did?
Also, congrats on receiving your GC!

Sounds like (as always and as expected) all the signs point to 'follow @Sm1smom 's advice and calm down' :D

Hello Mom,

Our money orders were cashed yesterday. The timelime in the excel has been very useful, how can I include my case there?

Have a nice day.

Hi Mom,

I finally got my high school degree dates and submitting the DS-260. Just a quick question regarding DS-260. In the review section, I am seeing this question which it says "is your mother's address same as your father's address" but I am not finding the question itself in the form. Is that a common bug? I have reset all the options on that page but still not seeing that question.

1. That is quite interesting that your spouse’s package was accepted and yours was rejected due to early filing.
2. Good thing you did that, it shouldn’t be rejected again.

On a separate note, since you’re both working in different States, did you both list the same primary address (as in same mailing address and present address under the address history section)?
We did not list the same primary address.
In 2017, we were not married and chose different states to work under OPT status. We have stayed in the same place to work since then.
In 2019, we were married. He was selected for DV after we were married. I never been to his place and he visits me when available.

We did not list the same primary address.
In 2017, we were not married and chose different states to work under OPT status. We have stayed in the same place to work since then.
In 2019, we were married. He was selected for DV after we were married. I never been to his place and he visits me when available.
Since you guys did not list a common primary address, you cases will not be adjudicated together. His AOS case file will get sent to the FO with jurisdiction over his primary address in his state of residence, yours will also get sent to the FO with jurisdiction over your address. Your application cannot be adjudicated until after he has successfully completed his own and his AOS case file gets forwarded from his FO to yours.

Expect extra scrutiny and be prepared to demonstrate your marriage is genuine (even if you were married before he gets selected), considering you’ve never been to his place and he visits you “when available”

Hi Mom,

I finally got my high school degree dates and submitting the DS-260. Just a quick question regarding DS-260. In the review section, I am seeing this question which it says "is your mother's address same as your father's address" but I am not finding the question itself in the form. Is that a common bug? I have reset all the options on that page but still not seeing that question.
I have no idea since I have no access to the form.

Hi folks,
We've had an interview today and want to share our experience.
Field Office: Philadelphia, PA
We received 3 interview appointment letters, my husband's interview was scheduled for 8:30 and our son's and myself for 9:30, all for the same day. We arrived at 8:15 at the office and registered altogether. Then we waited for 2 hours, periodically asking stuff whether is everything alright with our appointment. They asked us to wait. We were worried because people around us came and go pretty quickly. It seemed they forgot about our appointment and didn't assign our case to anyone. After waiting 2 hours finally IO came and took us into his workplace. He was very polite and professional and told us that he will be the person who makes the final decision on our case. He asked us questions from I-485 and if there anything has changed since we filled our documents. In the end, I asked him what should we expect next and he told me that DV lottery cases are rare and he needs to check with procedures and review our documents. But overall he doesn't see any issues. So we left and in 2 hours our statuses updated to New card is being produced.
We are so happy and want to thank @Sm1smom , @SusieQQQ and this amazing community for help and endless support. God bless you guys!
Congratulations!

Reactions: TZ&
Hello Dear,

You know that USCIS updated the criteria of the expedite cases,

I'm currently U.N (United Nation) employee, can I apply for an expedited request while nonprofit organization added as a reason.
what are the chances to be approved?

What du think about it.

Best

Hi, everybody. I'm winner of 2020 and my case is mumber is EUR202100015xxx. I won it when I was in US. So last month my case number was current and I have applied for I485 AOS from F1 (begging of May). I haven't get my biometric yet but I got receiving notification of documents from USCIS. My question is about deadline. How you guys do yoi think, will they call me to interview or approve my AOS until fiscal year ends off? How much time it takes getting approval of AOS case thru Diversity visa? My field office is MSC and I believe my USCIS office will be in Albany/NY. If anybody has information from last years or from friends I would love to hear it. Thanks in advance

Hi, everybody. I'm winner of 2020 and my case is mumber is EUR202100015xxx. I won it when I was in US. So last month my case number was current and I have applied for I485 AOS from F1 (begging of May). I haven't get my biometric yet but I got receiving notification of documents from USCIS. My question is about deadline. How you guys do yoi think, will they call me to interview or approve my AOS until fiscal year ends off? How much time it takes getting approval of AOS case thru Diversity visa? My field office is MSC and I believe my USCIS office will be in Albany/NY. If anybody has information from last years or from friends I would love to hear it. Thanks in advance
You can go through timeline tab of the spreadsheet linked on the first post of this thread for historic reports from other users.

Hello Dear,

You know that USCIS updated the criteria of the expedite cases,

I'm currently U.N (United Nation) employee, can I apply for an expedited request while nonprofit organization added as a reason.
what are the chances to be approved?

What du think about it.

Best
The non-profit didn’t file a petition for you though. Since your non profit organization isn’t the one sponsoring your AOS application how do you intend to demonstrate not getting your GC in a timely manner posses a real and serious harm to U.S. interest? That expedite criteria isn’t simply about being a UN employee, the organization petitions you for a GC and if requesting an expedite process, they demonstrate expediting the process is of an immediate and substantive national interest need.