• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

Those who had successful interview, what was your case status before it changed to Issued?
That's why I asked above question actually.

In 2020, even after successful interview, cases were going to status Refused, before visa was stamped in passport. I wonder if it's the same this year.

That's why I asked above question actually.

In 2020, even after successful interview, cases were going to status Refused, before visa was stamped in passport. I wonder if it's the same this year.
May be but I doubt whether it is the case this year, especially in NRB Being the first day of dv 2021 interviews, the refusal Rate then is too high...Any way waiting to here from those who were interviewed.

May be but I doubt whether it is the case this year, especially in NRB Being the first day of dv 2021 interviews, the refusal Rate then is too high...Any way waiting to here from those who were interviewed.
Stop panicking and spreading misinformation. There are 8 cases showing Refused for NRB. 7 of them are undergoing administrative processing and only 1 is an actual Refusal.

Stop panicking and spreading misinformation. There are 8 cases showing Refused for NRB. 7 of them are undergoing administrative processing and only 1 is an actual Refusal.
Thanks for clarification. I was just interpreting what i see.They have clearly listed (1)A.P. and( 8) refusals

Question: if you are asking to be interviewed at your homeland country (primary selectee has citizenship), do the children must have citizenship in the country of interview or can they hold a different citizenship than their parents?

I have taken your advice, worst case scenario KCC will tell me no. I have just asked to open my ds260 to change address/consulate. If this will be successful I will make sure to get your address and sending you flowers. Thanks a lot!
You can't change consulate through the DS-260 after submitting it, even if unlocked. You have to first request permission from the embassy and then let KCC know and ask that they'll schedule you there.

Question: if you are asking to be interviewed at your homeland country (primary selectee has citizenship), do the children must have citizenship in the country of interview or can they hold a different citizenship than their parents?
Wouldn't it just be easier if you contacted the embassy with all these questions...? Not many people had to ever request an embassy change before all hell broke loose in 2020, so people don't know the answers to these questions.

Thanks for clarification. I was just interpreting what i see.They have clearly listed (1)A.P. and( 8) refusals
Since they changed the system in 2020, now most APs show as refusal until it is cleared. Even if they weren't on AP, you can't expect to see "issued" on the same day, it takes a few days for them to actually print the visas.

Wouldn't it just be easier if you contacted the embassy with all these questions...? Not many people had to ever request an embassy change before all hell broke loose in 2020, so people don't know the answers to these questions.
Thanks. I'm only going to be current next month, no documents have been requested/submitted as of yet. How would the embassy even know who I am if nothing has been submitted by KCC? I will give them a call anyway - thanks for the advice.

You can't change consulate through the DS-260 after submitting it, even if unlocked. You have to first request permission from the embassy and then let KCC know and ask that they'll schedule you there.
No, you only contact the consulate yourself if already scheduled at a different embassy. If you have an addresss listed in a country and request KCC to schedule you there in the first instance , they will.

No, you only contact the consulate yourself if already scheduled at a different embassy. If you have an addresss listed in a country and request KCC to schedule you there in the first instance , they will.
Oh yeah, for some reason I went with the scenario where the OP is scheduled somewhere else hehe
But anyway, my point was that you can't change a consulate on the ds-260, you have to ask KCC to do that.

Oh yeah, for some reason I went with the scenario where the OP is scheduled somewhere else hehe
But anyway, my point was that you can't change a consulate on the ds-260, you have to ask KCC to do that.
Dear KCC, my parents are old and sick so I have decided to visit them in Israel until the end of the year, and as such I need you to change my DS260 to be interviewed in Israel vs Canada (my current address)?

Would the above ask be sufficient for KCC or should I just ask to change the home address to Israel and pray that they would not ask for a residency test (my employer is in Canada etc). Montreal has zero visa processing as of today while the Israeli have already issued 2, 8 ready and I suspect that they won’t have more than 25 cases based on past history. This is the only chance I have as our case numbers are high

Dear KCC, my parents are old and sick so I have decided to visit them in Israel until the end of the year, and as such I need you to change my DS260 to be interviewed in Israel vs Canada (my current address)?

Would the above ask be sufficient for KCC or should I just ask to change the home address to Israel and pray that they would not ask for a residency test (my employer is in Canada etc). Montreal has zero visa processing as of today while the Israeli have already issued 2, 8 ready and I suspect that they won’t have more than 25 cases based on past history. This is the only chance I have as our case numbers are high
KCC will change to where your address is, and the embassy won’t ask you for a “residency test” because you’re a citizen. If you were not a citizen they would ask to see your visa or residence permit or whatever Israel does.
the only possible hiccup in the process would be if you found out KCC can’t change because they already scheduled you for Montreal, which wouldn’t really be a hiccup in your particular situation.

KCC will change to where your address is, and the embassy won’t ask you for a “residency test” because you’re a citizen. If you were not a citizen they would ask to see your visa or residence permit or whatever Israel does.
the only possible hiccup in the process would be if you found out KCC can’t change because they already scheduled you for Montreal, which wouldn’t really be a hiccup in your particular situation.
Thanks. Would the derivatives (children) must hold Israeli citizenship or there is no requirement and only the main principal need to be the citizen?

Thanks. Would the derivatives (children) must hold Israeli citizenship or there is no requirement and only the main principal need to be the citizen?
Honestly - I don’t know. I would assume it’s ok if the principal has it but I don’t believe I’ve seen this situation talked about before.
Woud there be any problem with the family entering Israel? Do they still have COVID entry restrictions?

Honestly - I don’t know. I would assume it’s ok if the principal has it but I don’t believe I’ve seen this situation talked about before.
Woud there be any problem with the family entering Israel? Do they still have COVID entry restrictions?
Prior to covid they allowed non Israeli children to enter the border with accompanying Israeli parents. Once Covid hit they enforced new restrictions but a week ago they lifted the ban (due to a lot of public pressure) until September, so I can bring my kids and self quarantined for two weeks (unless fully vaccinated by the travel date). The Israeli authority would not recognize our parental rights unless going through court as my kids were born through surrogacy (and we are gay parents). As such, I hope the consulate in Jerusalem will accept their Canadian legal status where their birth certificate name both of us as their parents.

Prior to covid they allowed non Israeli children to enter the border with accompanying Israeli parents. Once Covid hit they enforced new restrictions but a week ago they lifted the ban (due to a lot of public pressure) until September, so I can bring my kids and self quarantined for two weeks (unless fully vaccinated by the travel date). The Israeli authority would not recognize our parental rights unless going through court as my kids were born through surrogacy (and we are gay parents). As such, I hope the consulate in Jerusalem will accept their Canadian legal status where their birth certificate name both of us as their parents.
Well the US embassy should accept according to US law, i know they don’t have a problem with gay marriage (as long as the marriage took place somewhere it is legal) even if the host country doesn’t recognize it. I don’t know what the specifics around surrogate children are but i assume you’ve already looked into that and it meets the US criteria.