• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi mom,

My 2nd AOS package was received by Chicago Lockbox yesterday (since it could take quite a long time till receiving the first package rejection, I had sent the 2nd one asap)

Today, I got first package in my mailbox. The first one has I-797C with USCIS A number. (But I have not included this in my new package, since I did not have it at the time of filing)
What am I supposed to do now?

Thanks,
View attachment 2543View attachment 2545
I’ll say don’t sweat it. They will figure it out, you don’t need to do anything.

But Discover could have had the same risk, right? This is a problem I was not counting on.
If I do a personal check, what do I put in "pay to the order of"?

Yes it's very likely you'll have the same issue with any credit card. It's not just the card, it's the issuing bank. I've had lots of those kinds of problems with my US Bank issued visa, but none with my Chase issued visa in the same kinds of situations. You just never know. Telling them in advance is *not* a reliable approach. Send a check!

The instructions tell you what to write and some other important details (US Department of Homeland Security).

Hi,

I have a rather different question, I would be really happy if I can get your opinion on that. I, unfortunately, have a J-1 "2 Year Home Residency Requirement". After my J-1 visit, I have stayed in my home country for around 1.5 years before coming to the US with an F-1 visa. During my stay here, I have visited my home country multiple times, and the total time I spent in my home country exceeds 2 years. However, these are rather short trips: ranging from a couple of days to 40 days, close to 10 visits in total. In this case, did I fulfill the requirement or will I need a waiver before applying for the green card?

Thank you.

Yes it's very likely you'll have the same issue with any credit card. It's not just the card, it's the issuing bank. I've had lots of those kinds of problems with my US Bank issued visa, but none with my Chase issued visa in the same kinds of situations. You just never know. Telling them in advance is *not* a reliable approach. Send a check!

The instructions tell you what to write and some other important details (US Department of Homeland Security).
It just blew my mind, AMEX assured me it was going to be okay if I pay with the card because my credit limit is above the amount I have to pay, but obviously now I am not risking it.

Is it okay if I send two money orders? The personal checks would take 7 to 10 days to be delivered if I order them today.

It just blew my mind, AMEX assured me it was going to be okay if I pay with the card because my credit limit is above the amount I have to pay, but obviously now I am not risking it.

Is it okay if I send two money orders? The personal checks would take 7 to 10 days to be delivered if I order them today.
it's not about credit limit at all!
My AMEX has like 24K limit (less than 10% used by now!)

Hi All,

I would never able to thanks enough to everyone contributed in this forum.

About me;
CN 2021AS17xxx
Current status : E2 (10 years of continues/multiple renewal, expires 09/30/2021)
Business/resides: San Jose, California
Party of 3, all resides in USA with E2 status, wife (DV winner), myself (E2 principal) and 15 year-old son :))

Long story short, decided not to renew E2; already secured an employment offer to sponsor H1B1; now temporary shelved H1B1 application while pursuing DV --> AOS

self assessment:
Risk 1: E2 out of status at the same time (if) AOS denial.
Risk 2: no guarantee H1B1 will get approved.
Risk 3: E2 renewal are potentially denial as business were badly affected due to pandemic.
Risk 4: < 4 months time for AOS, (its short time frame and worrisome)

AOS filing status:
4/26 submitted DS 260, picked AOS over CP
5/5 Priority mail delivered to DOS with DV fees money order, waiting for 2nd notice and fee receipts
next...
5/12 I-693 should be ready by
5/25 or sooner, aim to send in AOS package (VISA bulletin says June is current)

Questions:
1) What is the odds to get approval on E2 I-94 extension ? expires in a few months time 09/30/2021 which i doubted...
2) Am I eligible to file I-485 along with EAD named the new employer? the H1B1 employer as mentioned above. Bear in mind I am self employed with my current E2.
3) Are there any potential complications with H1B1 application if EAD denial with the same employer?
4) Contemplating to send in AOS package without DOS DV fees receipts, to save a few weeks time, recommendations please.

Thank You again!
T

Last edited:
Igor, that's incredible. That is exactly the same issue I have. Check issued and sent on April 20th with USPS first class mail. I'm still trying to understand where my check is. Did you cancel the old check before sending the new one via priority express USPS?
Yes, I went to the post office and fill in the money order inquiry. I am not sure how they suppose to refund the money, most likely they will mail a new money order, so you can cash it. I also started a Missing Mail Search Inquiry online on USPS website. Haven't received any information yet. I think it takes a while.

Btw, my second attempt was successful and the package was delivered.

@IgorMirs Thanks for sharing. I did send with Express (overnight) with Express SASE.

I thought the same, but I feel waiting may be risky itself as it will get closer to the end of FY. Plus, problems like yours might occur.

I've seen users w/ accepted package w/o receipt. Have you recently seen user whose package was rejected b/c of not including the receipt?
@Blade_ I haven't seen, but I think as my case becomes current in June, so do an early filling and also sending without the receipt, would be too much. So, I will wait until June. I also went through a timeline of 2020. It seems that sending the package in June is ok, you have enough time for AOS. Of course, if USPS doesn't lose your package:)

Hi All,

I would never able to thanks enough to everyone contributed in this forum.

About me;
CN 2021AS17xxx
Current status : E2 (10 years of continues/multiple renewal, expires 09/30/2021)
Business/resides: San Jose, California
Party of 3, all resides in USA with E2 status, wife (DV winner), myself (E2 principal) and 15 year-old son :))

Long story short, decided not to renew E2; already secured an employment offer to sponsor H1B1; now temporary shelved H1B1 application while pursuing DV --> AOS

self assessment:
Risk 1: E2 out of status at the same time (if) AOS denial.
Risk 2: no guarantee H1B1 will get approved.
Risk 3: E2 renewal are potentially denial as business were badly affected due to pandemic.
Risk 4: < 4 months time for AOS, (its short time frame and worrisome)

AOS filing status:
4/26 submitted DS 260, picked AOS over CP
5/5 Priority mail delivered to DOS with DV fees money order, waiting for 2nd notice and fee receipts
next...
5/12 I-693 should be ready by
5/25 or sooner, aim to send in AOS package (VISA bulletin says June is current)

Questions:
1) What is the odds to get approval on E2 I-94 extension ? expires in a few months time 09/30/2021 which i doubted...
2) Am I eligible to file I-485 along with EAD named the new employer? the H1B1 employer as mentioned above. Bear in mind I am self employed with my current E2.
3) Are there any potential complications with H1B1 application if EAD denial with the same employer?
4) Contemplating to send in AOS package without DOS DV fees receipts, to save a few weeks time, recommendations please.

Thank You again!
T

1) I dont think anyone here predict odds. But looks like E2 extension takes 2-4 weeks (based on googling?) and you are eligible to file premium processing which guarantees 15 calendar days (source: here)
2) AOS-based EAD can be filed without employer or tied to specific employer, but as mentioned in previous posts the AOS-based EAD takes so long (last data point was like 5.5 months) you might already get I-485 approved before your EAD application.
3) I do not have the knowledge to answer
4) Read the spreadsheet again --> FAQs, #21 and #22. It's your call

Hi,

I have a rather different question, I would be really happy if I can get your opinion on that. I, unfortunately, have a J-1 "2 Year Home Residency Requirement". After my J-1 visit, I have stayed in my home country for around 1.5 years before coming to the US with an F-1 visa. During my stay here, I have visited my home country multiple times, and the total time I spent in my home country exceeds 2 years. However, these are rather short trips: ranging from a couple of days to 40 days, close to 10 visits in total. In this case, did I fulfill the requirement or will I need a waiver before applying for the green card?

Thank you.
While I understand the 2-year HRR does not need to be completed at once, I doubt "visiting" multiple times for a couple of days to 40 days meets the requirement. Of course I could be wrong.

Yes, also my friend sent 5-6 days before me and He got received
Apart from your friend, are there others listed on the spreadsheet who filed the same period as you? Precisely when did you send in your AOS package (actual date if possible)?

Yes, also my friend sent 5-6 days before me and He got received
This might be a silly question... but are you sure your package was delivered to the right place? Do you have a tracking number and it had someone's signature for receiving it? I googled the name who signed my package and confirmed the person worked at the Chicago lockbox (when I was anxiously waiting for my receipt).

>50 days seems to be a long time and it's even more bizarre that someone attempted to cash the check but failed.

What's the benefit of having USCIS online account when filing AOS?
I already had the medical exam and did not include the online account number but would there be a problem if I create one now and entered it on all other documents in the packet?

Thank you.