Employer changing ideas

fif

I am currently working under an H1B for a year, my employer promised me to file for a GC if I wait a full year, which I did, now, he is taking his promise back and not wanting to file the GC, I am thinking of finding another employer under a TN instead, then file for the GC by myself, is that a good plan or not?

If you can apply for a green card "by yourself" when you're on an H1B, then I don't see the value in switching to a TN status.

A TN work permit would not give you any additional options to apply for a green card which you would not have otherwise.

You cannot apply for GC without sponsorship, unless you are of extraordinary ability H1-B doesn't give any magical powers with regards to GC either.
So, is changing employer good? Probably. Will it help for GC? No.

If you can apply for a green card "by yourself" when you're on an H1B, then I don't see the value in switching to a TN status.

A TN work permit would not give you any additional options to apply for a green card which you would not have otherwise.
Makes sense, I am only lost in the moment, and kind of a shocked, my plan is to change employer and keep H1B, just in a hope for him to file a GC

You cannot apply for GC without sponsorship, unless you are of extraordinary ability H1-B doesn't give any magical powers with regards to GC either.
So, is changing employer good? Probably. Will it help for GC? No.
Makes sense, I am aware that my next question requires more analysis but I found no harm in asking, what do you think of EB3? any hope for its success?