• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi Mom,
Need your expertise again. Our lawyer never used early AOS filing, and does not know.
Despite our hopes, we didn’t get current in April. Our E2 visa status ends on April 28. By that time May bulletin will get published. If we are current and apply for AOS before April 28, will we be ok or government says that we have no status to adjust, because we have no E2 status in May, despite the possibility of advance filing in April, when we have status.
Did you hear of similar situations ?
As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Hi Mom,
Need your expertise again. Our lawyer never used early AOS filing, and does not know.
Despite our hopes, we didn’t get current in April. Our E2 visa status ends on April 28. By that time May bulletin will get published. If we are current and apply for AOS before April 28, will we be ok or government says that we have no status to adjust, because we have no E2 status in May, despite the possibility of advance filing in April, when we have status.
Did you hear of similar situations ?
As always, your help is greatly appreciated.

Previous response still applies. Replace Feb. 28th with April 28th as you read that post.

Hello friends,
I have two questions.
1) who could recommend a good translation firm which would do accurate documents translation for USCIS?
2)In Form I-485, did you provide tax return transcripts for the last 3 years? I know that I-944 needs only current year. But instructions of I 485 says 3 years, or I am not following something?:rolleyes:

Thanks.

I didn't have sponsor. I added my RA position as the employment.

Hey congratulations! super happy for you!

I have a question though if you don't mind. Ur the second F-1 visa applicant I see who has submitted an RA account. I'm an F-1 student too but still in school, what's this RA about? I appreciate the help :))

I have a question though if you don't mind. Ur the second F-1 visa applicant I see who has submitted an RA account. I'm an F-1 student too but still in school, what's this RA about? I appreciate the help :))
Thanks!

I have a contract with my PI, as a research assistant (RA) that I'm being paid for.

I attached this contract with other supporting documents with my package.

How can I add my name to the timeline sheet of DV2021 , or only the administrator is allowed to add the information to that sheet?

I believe RA is short for "Resident Assistant", which is a type of job. You can find more information by searching "Resident Assistant" on Google :)

How can I add my name to the timeline sheet of DV2021 , or only the administrator is allowed to add the information to that sheet?

At the top of the sheet it says "THIS FILE IS IN A READ ONLY MODE IN ORDER TO PROTECT THE INTEGRITY OF THE INFORMATION IT CONTAINS.
SEND AN ACCESS REQUEST (ONE TIME ONLY) IN ORDER TO ADD/UPDATE/EDIT YOUR TIMELINE"

I believe RA is short for "Resident Assistant", which is a type of job. You can find more information by searching "Resident Assistant" on Google :)
Nope, it means research assistant. And TA is teaching assistant. In the USA, in general phd students are either RA or TA. It is a job for phd students, but not well paid. :) I was wondering if it affects the application. That's good that no need for looking a sponsorship.

Hi , I am living in USA . and I got my DV Lottery for 2021 and my case no. is high is 62xxx . what are my chances if it became current in june or july

Hi , I am living in USA . and I got my DV Lottery for 2021 and my case no. is high is 62xxx . what are my chances if it became current in june or july

What's the region? And if you are asking because you are worried about how long it's going to take, I have heard/read about selectees who filed in August and got their GC before September 30. However, this is a very unpredictable year, so there's no way to tell for sure what's going to happen.

Nope, it means research assistant. And TA is teaching assistant. In the USA, in general phd students are either RA or TA. It is a job for phd students, but not well paid. :) I was wondering if it affects the application. That's good that no need for looking a sponsorship.
FYI There are indeed also “RAs” who are resident assistants/resident advisors in college dorms, usually undergraduate, but this is more for free accommodation rather than a salary and clearly is not what was meant by the use of RA/TAs in support of being able to show some income.

Hello friends,
I have two questions.
1) who could recommend a good translation firm which would do accurate documents translation for USCIS?
2)In Form I-485, did you provide tax return transcripts for the last 3 years? I know that I-944 needs only current year. But instructions of I 485 says 3 years, or I am not following something?:rolleyes:

1. I have used rushtranslate and had a good experience.
2. Yes, I did provide tax return transcripts for the last 3 years.

What's the region? And if you are asking because you are worried about how long it's going to take, I have heard/read about selectees who filed in August and got their GC before September 30. However, this is a very unpredictable year, so there's no way to tell for sure what's going to happen.
region : Africa

Hi everyone. I have two questions:

1) In the spreadsheet, it mentions to include two recent passport photos. Does recent photos mean 6 months or even shorter than 6 months?
2) I am currently studying in the US and I am going to graduate before my CN becomes current. I am going to get OPT after I graduate. However, I haven't had a job offer yet so I am planning to have my OPT start date start one month after I graduate. So my question is
a) will the grace period between my graduation date and the OPT start date put me out of status?
b) If I still can't find job after OPT start date, will the unemployment period of OPT put me out of status?

Thanks in advance

My family and I had an interview today. The interview lasted about 30 minutes. The officer went through every question on i485 and made some notes on the form. There were no questions on i944 form. At the end of the interview, the officer said that the proccess is almost done but at the moment he cannot make a desision, since my wife and I have no biometrics and fingerprints yet. I politely asked if he could help us make an appointment for biometrics, but he couldn't. The officer said that I have to wait for biometrics notices and that if I don't get it within 30 days, I can call to USCIS and ask to raise an inquire. The online status of our cases was changed to "Interview Was Completed And My Case Must Be Reviewed" when we got home.

Hi everyone,

I'm going thru the AOS Process spreadsheet and in the eligibility criteria I see:

"You are physically present in the US as at the time of confirming your DV selection"

A couple of questions here:

1) Where is the requirement coming from? I don't see it on uscis website.
2) Does it mean if I'm currently on L1 visa and been outside of the country at the time of DV selection I could not go AOS?

Thanks

Hi everyone. I have two questions:

1) In the spreadsheet, it mentions to include two recent passport photos. Does recent photos mean 6 months or even shorter than 6 months?
2) I am currently studying in the US and I am going to graduate before my CN becomes current. I am going to get OPT after I graduate. However, I haven't had a job offer yet so I am planning to have my OPT start date start one month after I graduate. So my question is
a) will the grace period between my graduation date and the OPT start date put me out of status?
b) If I still can't find job after OPT start date, will the unemployment period of OPT put me out of status?

Thanks in advance
1. Less than 6 month is fine, as long as the other requirements are fulfilled
2. a. As long as the OPT start date is within 60 days of the graduation, you are in status.
b. you will be out of status if you are unemployed for more than 90 day after the start date

Hi everyone,

I'm going thru the AOS Process spreadsheet and in the eligibility criteria I see:

"You are physically present in the US as at the time of confirming your DV selection"

A couple of questions here:

1) Where is the requirement coming from? I don't see it on uscis website.
2) Does it mean if I'm currently on L1 visa and been outside of the country at the time of DV selection I could not go AOS?

Thanks

It is rare but we have seen cases of people being refused for not physically being in the US at selection time. However we have also (more often) seen people who have successfully adjusted in such circumstances. You just need to be aware of the risk.