• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Kenya

I know
Reference is made to the point that presidential actions set to expire are being extended and PP10014 is one of those set to expire
I think you’re causing unnecessary panic. The link you’ve sent refers only to the visa sanctions. The title sort of gives that away too.

Also everything references “this memorandum”. Meaning the topic being currently discussed. Also, PP10014 was made towards the end of April if I’m not mistaken.

I think you’re causing unnecessary panic. The link you’ve sent refers only to the visa sanctions. The title sort of gives that away too.

Also everything references “this memorandum”. Meaning the topic being currently discussed. Also, PP10014 was made towards the end of April if I’m not mistaken.
Please, don't follow me with your poor comprehensive skills everywhere

I have been helping and still positively involved in this thread to be derailed by the ignorance of one active serial keyboard warrior

Just me being a realist.
But equally pushing my optimism that PP10014 will not be extended

Its all really mostly irrelevant other than a few weeks in January. Seeing as the late-issued lawsuit batch of DV visas expire in March, whether it expires on 1 or 21 January is not really a huge issue.

Its all really mostly irrelevant other than a few weeks in January. Seeing as the late-issued lawsuit batch of DV visas expire in March, whether it expires on 1 or 21 January is not really a huge issue.
I think it's very relevant to let those who have been booking flights for travel on 31st December to desist as they might just land and find a similar message posted already

DV2020 has brought so much heartache to most of us and it's time we become realists and not feed on hope and blind optimism only. The latter might just rub salt to the already wounded hearts

With Covid season 2 out and episode 1 going live in the US with the first victim who has the new virus strain reported, 20 days is a long time for it to be viral and we have to be realistic that it can be so bad in 3 weeks that Biden will also be advised to maintain some sort of travel ban which mostly always gives exemption to citizens and LPR only
Again look at what's going on in UK and other parts of Europe and brace for any impact

A nurse who got the vaccine also tested positive, so let's not feed on hope only

I also have less than 3 months but I have to be ready for any eventuality

I think it's very relevant to let those who have been booking flights for travel on 31st December to desist as they might just land and find a similar message posted already

DV2020 has brought so much heartache to most of us and it's time we become realists and not feed on hope and blind optimism only. The latter might just rub salt to the already wounded hearts

With Covid season 2 out and episode 1 going live in the US with the first victim who has the new virus strain reported, 20 days is a long time for it to be viral and we have to be realistic that it can be so bad in 3 weeks that Biden will also be advised to maintain some sort of travel ban which mostly always gives exemption to citizens and LPR only
Again look at what's going on in UK and other parts of Europe and brace for any impact

A nurse who got the vaccine also tested positive, so let's not feed on hope only

I also have less than 3 months but I have to be ready for any eventuality

Really, even as all the online speculation about trump being just the type to extend as lomg as he can and some people still decided to book before they know for sure if the ban will end? I’m sorry but in all the discussions I saw online i did not see one person recommend that, I know there was someone here who said he wanted to book for first week of Jan and my response was to make sure he bought a ticket he could change.

And yes, it’s quite easy to explain why the nurse still got Covid, seeing as (1) the vaccine takes 10-14 days to take effect and (2) requires two doses to be properly effective and almost no-one has had their second round yet. If people were thinking one dose was going to be an instant miracle then they just didn’t understand how it works.

Both the above are examples of yes don’t have blind hope, but for things that are important to you you should take the time to understand them properly.

By the way there is no existing total travel ban on everyone except citizens and LPRs. The Covid country bans can be got around by spending two weeks elsewhere, as many have been doing. There is also a difference between blind hope and blind pessimism.

Really, even as all the online speculation about trump being just the type to extend as lomg as he can and some people still decided to book before they know for sure if the ban will end? I’m sorry but in all the discussions I saw online i did not see one person recommend that, I know there was someone here who said he wanted to book for first week of Jan and my response was to make sure he bought a ticket he could change.

And yes, it’s quite easy to explain why the nurse still got Covid, seeing as (1) the vaccine takes 10-14 days to take effect and (2) requires two doses to be properly effective and almost no-one has had their second round yet. If people were thinking one dose was going to be an instant miracle then they just didn’t understand how it works.

Both the above are examples of yes don’t have blind hope, but for things that are important to you you should take the time to understand them properly.

By the way there is no existing total travel ban on everyone except citizens and LPRs. The Covid country bans can be got around by spending two weeks elsewhere, as many have been doing. There is also a difference between blind hope and blind pessimism.
Citizens and LPRs can enter and leave US at will despite the travel ban. Visa holders are still stuck in anxiety awaiting the bans to elapse. I hope this is still right or am I wrong?

Let's pray for good news in 24 hours

Citizens and LPRs can enter and leave US at will despite the travel ban. Visa holders are still stuck in anxiety awaiting the bans to elapse. I hope this is still right or am I wrong?

Let's pray for good news in 24 hours

Again. Which particular travel ban are you talking about here? If someone is already a citizen or LPR you cannot be talking about the immigrant or work visa bans as they don’t affect them anyway. (By saying “despite the travel ban” you seem to be talking about a general ban from which they are exempted.) If you are talking about a covid ban, as I already mentioned there are ways around it. And if you think the US is bad, try Australia. Even their citizens can’t enter and leave at will.

Hi guys, for someone who went to the US on DV visa 1 year ago, then came back to Kenya in December and got married at the attorney generals office.
1)Is she required to report the marriage immediately after going back to the US?
2)What would the procedure be to bring her husband to the US?

Hi guys, for someone who went to the US on DV visa 1 year ago, then came back to Kenya in December and got married at the attorney generals office.
1)Is she required to report the marriage immediately after going back to the US?
2)What would the procedure be to bring her husband to the US?

1. You don’t have to “report” a marriage in the US. A legal marriage anywhere is considered legal in the US automatically.
2. You would file an i130, petition for foreign relative. It would be in the F2A category. See here for starting information https://www.uscis.gov/family/family-of-green-card-holders-permanent-residents Be advised it will probably be about 2 years before your husband is able to join you in the US.

From January 26th those who have unexpired DV2020 visas can transit through the Schengen countries or UK. This has added to the airlines to choose from. This is subject to termination of PP10014.

A negative PCR Covid test is mandatory 72 hours before boarding your flight. From +254 I would advise you do your tests at Lancet or Nairobi hospital for timely delivery of the results and codes to your email.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...-area-united-kingdom-republic-ireland-brazil/

From January 26th those who have unexpired DV2020 visas can transit through the Schengen countries or UK. This has added to the airlines to choose from. This is subject to termination of PP10014.

A negative PCR Covid test is mandatory 72 hours before boarding your flight. From +254 I would advise you do your tests at Lancet or Nairobi hospital for timely delivery of the results and codes to your email.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/presiden...-area-united-kingdom-republic-ireland-brazil/

Way too soon to rejoice over this. As of now, there's no guarantee this will come into effect. Trump lifted the PP to spite the incoming administration and scuttle the efforts at bringing COVID-19 under control - something he wasn't capable of doing during his term. Biden's spokesperson has come out to say he will rightfully block this:
Biden to block Trump's plan to lift COVID-19 European travel restrictions