• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

I had the same issue, an agent at the bank said there is an option called mini statements which reduced the pages significantly ...i was able to get one of those which had much lesser pages with required details.. check with your bank..

If Biden removes I944 form, will we still add bank statements in our AoS application?

What is the basis of the AOS application?
I asked them for more details. It looks like they’re doing Family based AOS. Her husband adjusted through the lottery in 2016 and she came here on F1 status. (I thought she got the lottery too when I posted here initially) So I guess her case isn’t the same as DV AOS. Can she still file the expedite though?

I asked them for more details. It looks like they’re doing Family based AOS. Her husband adjusted through the lottery in 2016 and she came here on F1 status. (I thought she got the lottery too when I posted here initially) So I guess her case isn’t the same as DV AOS. Can she still file the expedite though?

I'm not sure as to how they intend to demonstrate a severe financial loss as the basis of the expedite request. Does she already have a job offer pending her presentation of a work authorization? She can try if she likes, all expedite requests gets reviewed on a case-by-case basis.

I had the same issue, an agent at the bank said there is an option called mini statements which reduced the pages significantly ...i was able to get one of those which had much lesser pages with required details.. check with your bank..

thank you! i will do that.

Hi, mom and everyone!
First of all, thank you Mom again for replying to all our questions!
So yesterday I finally received my i-797c (it was sent on December 23, 2020 so it took a month).
I have questions:
1) When applying for EAD, I received two i-797c-s. One with the passcode to online account, another one just notice of payment.
This time (AOS) I got only one i-797c with notice of payment. I was able to create a new online account for my AOS case and attach my case.
Is that okay that I didn't get an i-797c with the passcode?
2) This is what my case looks like now:
1611265017206.png
I didn't receive a biometrics letter, but I did gave biometrics in October 2020 at Portland USCIS office due to my asylum case. My USCIS ALIEN # is the same both for Asylum & AOS.
Should I call them and specify if they had taken my fingerprints from Asylum case or is everything okay?
3) The next step is interview, right?

It could be, immigrant intent could still see her being denied. The embassy should see that you have been selected in DV when they interview her for a visa. Remember for non immigrant visas, by law there is an assumption of immigrant intent and it is up to the applicant to prove they will return home. I am a little confused by the timeline and reasoning. Is your home country embassy even doing F2 visas now? Why does it make sense for you to only proceed with your application rather than her get an immigrant visa so she can join you permanently? By the way if you AOS and she doesn’t, she has to leave anyway as she cannot be F2 if you are no longer F1, the dependent status is only valid as long as the underlying principal status is.

Of course she can be in the US on a F2 as your derivative for as long as you’re in F1 status (assuming she gets the visa of course). She however will not be eligible to process AOS with you after she enters the US on that NIV in this case. She will therefore need to immediately depart from the US once you’re no longer in F1 status yourself. It doesn’t matter what the plan was prior to your DV selection, the fact that she’s currently outside the US and contemplating filing AOS when your CN becomes current makes her ineligible to file AOS. AOS option is for people who already based in the US when the decision to file for a GC was made.

Hello again Sussie and Mom!

I am sorry to bother you once again. Since Biden removed some bans yesterday, I guess it made high case numbers becoming current in Asia region more unrealistic. I understand it's a fair decision and I am fine with it. My plan now is to apply visa for my wife under F2 since it does not worth waiting for the DV lottery any more. I won't filing her under AOS if I ever get a chance (Frankly, I don't think its a possibility) and if that's the case I understand that she should depart back to our home country. My question is at her interview, will the officer would know that I have won the DV lottery though I have not filed a DS-260? I feel it's unfair that, if me winning the DV lottery would become a negative consequence for her to apply for F2 visa and to come to US to live here with me. I would be thankful if you could give me any advice upon my case.

Hi, mom and everyone!
First of all, thank you Mom again for replying to all our questions!
So yesterday I finally received my i-797c (it was sent on December 23, 2020 so it took a month).
I have questions:
1) When applying for EAD, I received two i-797c-s. One with the passcode to online account, another one just notice of payment.
This time (AOS) I got only one i-797c with notice of payment. I was able to create a new online account for my AOS case and attach my case.
Is that okay that I didn't get an i-797c with the passcode?
2) This is what my case looks like now:
View attachment 2245
I didn't receive a biometrics letter, but I did gave biometrics in October 2020 at Portland USCIS office due to my asylum case. My USCIS ALIEN # is the same both for Asylum & AOS.
Should I call them and specify if they had taken my fingerprints from Asylum case or is everything okay?
3) The next step is interview, right?

1. Yes.
2. The 1/20 update shows they're applying the Oct bio to your AOS application, so the NBC will not be sending you a new bio notice (you will not be attending a new bio appointment). You don't need to call and specify anything.
3. Interview or decision (if the FO decides to waive the interview).

I am sorry to bother you once again. Since Biden removed some bans yesterday, I guess it made high case numbers becoming current in Asia region more unrealistic. I understand it's a fair decision and I am fine with it. My plan now is to apply visa for my wife under F2 since it does not worth waiting for the DV lottery any more. I won't filing her under AOS if I ever get a chance (Frankly, I don't think its a possibility) and if that's the case I understand that she should depart back to our home country. My question is at her interview, will the officer would know that I have won the DV lottery though I have not filed a DS-260? I feel it's unfair that, if me winning the DV lottery would become a negative consequence for her to apply for F2 visa and to come to US to live here with me. I would be thankful if you could give me any advice upon my case.

I don't know what the CO will know or not know. The only way for you to find out is for her to apply for the F2.

How does the removal of ban for Muslim and African countries affect the case number progression in Asia region?

Did anyone who filed in December receive a biometrics appointment notice yet?

Not yet as of today.

My Fingerprint fee receipt dated 2020-12-17. I called USCIS on 2021-01-19 and the representative said there was a backlog for biometric appointments due to COVID restriction. For the same reason, the rep said no timeframe could be provided to me. She advised that I could call them again if there is no update in 30 days.

Not yet as of today.

My Fingerprint fee receipt dated 2020-12-17. I called USCIS on 2021-01-19 and the representative said there was a backlog for biometric appointments due to COVID restriction. For the same reason, the rep said no timeframe could be provided to me. She advised that I could call them again if there is no update in 30 days.

Thank you. That's helpful! I'll wait.

The new VB going very slow relative to the last year. My Number AS 16500.

Yes, they are going slower, which is to be expected considering COVID and everything. Hopefully, they will try to catch up later in the year. I was surprised to see that the EU cut-off number in Feb 2020 was 14,000 but this year is 8, 200.

The new VB going very slow relative to the last year. My Number AS 16500.
Yes, they are going slower, which is to be expected considering COVID and everything. Hopefully, they will try to catch up later in the year. I was surprised to see that the EU cut-off number in Feb 2020 was 14,000 but this year is 8, 200.
Again. They are going to have a huge backlog when CP restarts. They cannot go racing through the numbers now.