F1 student with a shoplifting petty theft offense

Della

Hey everyone. I recently got charged with a shoplifting offense ( Petty theft) in June. I paid a fine of 160 USd and did not do any jail time . This was my first offense ever . I’m planning on returning back home this December and I’m so terrified about my F1 visa renewal application. I have been doing so much research. My lawyer told me not to worry because of the petty theft offense exception and that I fall under the category. Anyone here with similar issues or any advice? I’m so scared and need answers or recommendation . I’m thinking about canceling my trip but I don’t want to live my life full with doubts ,

Hey everyone. I recently got charged with a shoplifting offense ( Petty theft) in June. I paid a fine of 160 USd and did not do any jail time . This was my first offense ever . I’m planning on returning back home this December and I’m so terrified about my F1 visa renewal application. I have been doing so much research. My lawyer told me not to worry because of the petty theft offense exception and that I fall under the category. Anyone here with similar issues or any advice? I’m so scared and need answers or recommendation . I’m thinking about canceling my trip but I don’t want to live my life full with doubts ,
hi Della, i have had this situatiom recently pls, can you share your experience, did you get your case dismissed, did you renew your visa?, pls help