• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 AOS Only

Hi Mom,

I have a question on i944 form. In question 11 they ask to provide credit report. I have neither ssn nor any bank accounts in the US. Im the main applicant and only my spouse has everything they want. How can I confirm that I have not a credit score? Would personal sworn statement suffice?

Thanks a lot

Read this post and this post for previously provided answers.

Reactions: TZ&
1. Again, questions 12 and 13 are not applicable to DV based AOS applications, there’s no underlying petition associated with a DV based application. Your family member cannot “petition you” for DV. Your family member can petition you for a family based AOS, your employer can petition you for an employment based AOS. DV has no underlying petition associated with it.
2. No, that is not what the question is asking. It is asking if you, as the principal applicant, have an underlying petition filed by your family member or employer which your AOS application is based on.
3. Maybe we’re looking at different versions of the I485? Question 11 on the form I’m looking at has nothing to do with the USCIS account number, so I don’t know what your question is about. In general, if a question is not applicable to you, simple answer N/A or NONE in response.

I was referring to question 11. part 1. form i-485 edition 10/15/19 "USCIS Online Account Number (If Any)". Where the form i-485 instruction provides the following:

"USCIS Online Account Number (if any). If you have previously filed an application, petition, or request using the USCIS online filing system (previously called USCIS Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS)), provide the USCIS Online Account Number you were issued by the system. You can find your USCIS Online Account Number by logging in to your account and going to the profile page. If you previously filed certain applications, petitions, or requests on a paper form via a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may have received a USCIS Online Account Access Notice issuing you a USCIS Online Account Number. If you received such a notice, your USCIS Online Account Number can be found at the top of the notice. If you were issued a USCIS Online Account Number, enter it in the space provided. The USCIS Online Account Number is not the same as an A-Number".

Thank you.

An i485 has one basis for adjusting. You can adjust on the basis of a family petition, or you can adjust on the basis of DV (or employment, etc) but you can’t mix the two on the same form. An existing family petition is irrelevant if it is not the basis you are adjusting on.

Thank you

I was referring to question 11. part 1. form i-485 edition 10/15/19 "USCIS Online Account Number (If Any)". Where the form i-485 instruction provides the following:

"USCIS Online Account Number (if any). If you have previously filed an application, petition, or request using the USCIS online filing system (previously called USCIS Electronic Immigration System (USCIS ELIS)), provide the USCIS Online Account Number you were issued by the system. You can find your USCIS Online Account Number by logging in to your account and going to the profile page. If you previously filed certain applications, petitions, or requests on a paper form via a USCIS Lockbox facility, you may have received a USCIS Online Account Access Notice issuing you a USCIS Online Account Number. If you received such a notice, your USCIS Online Account Number can be found at the top of the notice. If you were issued a USCIS Online Account Number, enter it in the space provided. The USCIS Online Account Number is not the same as an A-Number".

Thank you.

My previous response still applies - write NONE if you don’t have an existing USCIS Online Account number.

My previous response still applies - write NONE if you don’t have an existing USCIS Online Account number.

Thank you for your response.

My case number is 2021AS110xx. Considering the current visa bulletin, is it a good time to pay the DV fee, do the medical and submit the DS 260 or I should still wait a couple of weeks?

Thank you for your response.

My case number is 2021AS110xx. Considering the current visa bulletin, is it a good time to pay the DV fee, do the medical and submit the DS 260 or I should still wait a couple of weeks?

I don’t know. That’s a call you’ll have to make on your own.

Diploma Evaluations

I've received my high school and university diplomas evaluations. Should I include them in AOS package or only bring to the interview?

Thank you in advance!;)

about 2nd NL

10/13/20 - DS-260 submitted. I didn't have any answer from KCC since and I wrote them an email last week asking when I get my 2nd NL.
Today they replied (KCCDV@state.gov):

Thank you for your inquiry.

The adjustment of status fee to the Department of State has been paid or indications on your DS-260 show that you wanted to adjust your status in the US. The payment of the adjustment of status fee indicates to KCC that you are residing in the US and wish to process your case at the local USCIS office. As a result, KCC did not continue the processing your case.

To continue this case to consulate processing, please notify KCC with your request.

In order for the Kentucky Consular Center to assist with inquiries regarding a specific Diversity Visa (DV) case, you must provide the Principal Applicant's full name, complete case number, and date of birth in the following format (MMDDYYYY) as entered on the original entry. Please remember that the Kentucky Consular Center does not have the authority to tell you whether or not your specific case will be disqualified. Only a consular officer can do that at the time of your visa interview. Do not send any paper documents to the Kentucky Consular Center.

So, as far as I can see they're telling me that they are not going to do anything else about my case because it's responsibility of USCIS office. They state that they can do something only if I want to change it to consular processing.

What should I do to get my 2nd NL?

Thanks in advance;)

about 2nd NL

10/13/20 - DS-260 submitted. I didn't have any answer from KCC since and I wrote them an email last week asking when I get my 2nd NL.
Today they replied (KCCDV@state.gov):

So, as far as I can see they're telling me that they are not going to do anything else about my case because it's responsibility of USCIS office. They state that they can do something only if I want to change it to consular processing.

What should I do to get my 2nd NL?

Thanks in advance;)

There’s no big deal if you don’t get the 2NL, it is not a show spoiler. The response you got from the KCC is one of the standard responses they give when an AOSer reaches out to ask for the 2NL. So the answer to your question is “nothing”.

Hello mom,
Knowing that the time to file tax returns begins in February 2021 and it’s also the time I become current, should I wait until I file the 2020 tax returns to send my package or just go ahead with 2019 tax returns as soon as February 1st 2021 shows up?

Hello mom,
Knowing that the time to file tax returns begins in February 2021 and it’s also the time I become current, should I wait until I file the 2020 tax returns to send my package or just go ahead with 2019 tax returns as soon as February 1st 2021 shows up?

You can send in your AOS package with the 2019 tax returns in such a case.

Hi Mom,

Could you please advise

We are preparing 3 packages for my husband, son and myself. Should financial docs (property, bank statements) be in each package OR only in package my husband since he is property owner and the one who works in family? I don't have any financial docs on my name.

Thank you!

Hi Mom,

Could you please advise

We are preparing 3 packages for my husband, son and myself. Should financial docs (property, bank statements) be in each package OR only in package my husband since he is property owner and the one who works in family? I don't have any financial docs on my name.

Thank you!

Treat each person’s AOS package as an independent package with all the applicable supporting documents regardless of whose name is on the supporting documents.

Reactions: TZ&
Hello mom, this question has probably been answered, but I went through the topics and didn’t find it.

How much money does a sponsor, living alone, should have on his bank statement?

Hello mom, this question has probably been answered, but I went through the topics and didn’t find it.

How much money does a sponsor, living alone, should have on his bank statement?

Applicable sponsor’s income is based on the number of people in the sponsor’s household plus the number of people in the household of the person being sponsored. Use the Poverty Guideline Level to figure out the applicable income in your situation.

They didn’t specify for a person living in a household of size 1

That is because the minimum applicable number is two, the sponsor (if he/she has no other dependent) plus the person being sponsored (if that person also has no derivatives immigrating with them).