• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2021 ALL SELECTEES

According to the lawyers in this suit, he has said he will rescind the "muslin" ban, but he hasn't said anything about the "unemployment" ban (sorry I don't know the EO numbers). That's probably at least in part because it's set to expire before he takes office. But the lawyers think that Trump will extend it, and their thinking is that the new administration will then prefer to let the court overturn it rather than face questions about the impact it has on US workers. You never know though - maybe the opposite will happen and Biden will see it as something he can take credit for.

Yeah, that doesn’t sound right to me at all. Biden has said that family reunification via immigration is a top priority, and the “employment” ban EO (there are more than one) that includes DV mostly actually affects family based visas. I guess the lawyers want people to pay their $$ before they see what Biden will actually do. Is it as urgent as the Muslim ban and limits on asylum? Probably not, maybe it won’t happen on day 1, but I can’t see the new administration waiting to be taken to court to overturn an EO that prevents literally hundreds of thousands of family members a year immigrating (I did the calculations at the time, I think it affected something like 600k or more family based visas annually), along with 50k or so DV chucked in.

Yeah, that doesn’t sound right to me at all. Biden has said that family reunification via immigration is a top priority, and the “employment” ban EO (there are more than one) that includes DV mostly actually affects family based visas. I guess the lawyers want people to pay their $$ before they see what Biden will actually do. Is it as urgent as the Muslim ban and limits on asylum? Probably not, maybe it won’t happen on day 1, but I can’t see the new administration waiting to be taken to court to overturn an EO that prevents literally hundreds of thousands of family members a year immigrating (I did the calculations at the time, I think it affected something like 600k or more family based visas annually), along with 50k or so DV chucked in.

You may be right. To be fair to the team though, the deadline for signing up/refunds was long before the election, and they're not taking new plaintiffs now, so they are not making any money from taking this position. It's probably fair to say that they're biased regarding the importance of their case, but this was only a minor point that was mentioned briefly.

Bonjour je suis gagnant de la DV2021, mon CN est AF2xxxx. J'ai soumis mon DS260 depuis Juin 2020 mais jai toujours pas reçu de mail de kCC et dans les forums je vois les gens parlés d'envois de documents je suis complètement perdu. Cest quels documents qu'on doit envoyer et est ce normal que je n'ai reçu de mail pour l'instant si cest normal, à quel moment alors pourrais je recevoir un mail du kcc et les interviews ont elles déjà commencées ?

You may be right. To be fair to the team though, the deadline for signing up/refunds was long before the election, and they're not taking new plaintiffs now, so they are not making any money from taking this position. It's probably fair to say that they're biased regarding the importance of their case, but this was only a minor point that was mentioned briefly.
Oh, I didn’t realize they had already begun a 2021 case that far back, ok.
Is it like the original Morrison one in that you pay a second installment when you get a visa regardless whether that is directly as a result of the case or not? Or is it just an upfront payment?

Bonjour je suis gagnant de la DV2021, mon CN est AF2xxxx. J'ai soumis mon DS260 depuis Juin 2020 mais jai toujours pas reçu de mail de kCC et dans les forums je vois les gens parlés d'envois de documents je suis complètement perdu. Cest quels documents qu'on doit envoyer et est ce normal que je n'ai reçu de mail pour l'instant si cest normal, à quel moment alors pourrais je recevoir un mail du kcc et les interviews ont elles déjà commencées ?

Please post in English only in order for us to provide the right response/answer to your question.

Oh, I didn’t realize they had already begun a 2021 case that far back, ok.
Is it like the original Morrison one in that you pay a second installment when you get a visa regardless whether that is directly as a result of the case or not? Or is it just an upfront payment?

It was a one-time payment up front. They're also applying to certify it as a class action.

Ok. so the fee payers would have no priority if it does get certified as a class action? Or did I misunderstand something?

They should have priority, according to the lawyers. That's apparently what happened with the last one (Gomez I think?) The entire class was granted relief, but with priority given to the named plaintiffs. Maybe that mattered more in that case because it was so close to the end of the FY. In this case it might not matter as much...I don't really know tbh. The way I see it, if we win, and there is a need for prioritization, then it will presumably go to the named plaintiffs first. If it turns out that there's no so much time/capacity left that we don't need prioritization, then that's even better.

Ok. so the fee payers would have no priority if it does get certified as a class action? Or did I misunderstand something?

As a general principle, the representatives in a proposed class action tend to get priority (if that is possible) when the class action is certified.

The lawyers (Kuck/Siskind/Joseph) charged a fee for inclusion on the suit, but are trying to cover everyone as a class.

As far as I know, they will try to have it certified as a class action and I haven't heard anything about any payments. I believe they filed something already a couple of weeks ago and today they were waiting on another documents to be submitted (I missed those first three minutes of the call).

How do you mean the Schengen ban is somewhat easier to get around? (To get the visa issued I mean)

How do you mean the Schengen ban is somewhat easier to get around? (To get the visa issued I mean)
The schengen ban is just a ban on being in the countries for 14 days before entering the US. It’s already been overturned in court as a basis on which to deny issuing a visa. So all you need to do is spend 2 weeks somewhere else before you travel to the US, as plenty of people on other visas /VWP have been doing since the ban came in. Seems Turkey, Serbia and Cancun have been seeing a leap in tourism as a result.

Hello I am DV2021 winner, my CN is AF2xxxx. I have submitted my DS260 since June 2020 but I still have not received an email from kCC and in the forums I see people talking about sending documents I am completely lost. This is what documents should be sent and is it normal that I have not received an email yet if this is normal, at what point then could I receive an email from kcc and the interviews on them already started?

The schengen ban is just a ban on being in the countries for 14 days before entering the US. It’s already been overturned in court as a basis on which to deny issuing a visa. So all you need to do is spend 2 weeks somewhere else before you travel to the US, as plenty of people on other visas /VWP have been doing since the ban came in. Seems Turkey, Serbia and Cancun have been seeing a leap in tourism as a result.
Oh yea, that I get but it also seems to be an issue to get the visas issued in these countries. That's part of the lawsuit I think.

Hello I am DV2021 winner, my CN is AF2xxxx. I have submitted my DS260 since June 2020 but I still have not received an email from kCC and in the forums I see people talking about sending documents I am completely lost. This is what documents should be sent and is it normal that I have not received an email yet if this is normal, at what point then could I receive an email from kcc and the interviews on them already started?

Same situation here. DV2021 winner, EU29XXX. Sent DS260 in June and never heard anything from them at all. People here advised me to just wait for KCC to contact me and probably you should do the same. I am waiting patiently (while being nervous and depressed) but there is nothing we can do right now as far as I know...