• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 AOS Only

I am currently on F1 status. During my interview, everything went well and the officer told me he will go ahead an approve my case as I wait for the welcome letter followed by the card. However, there is no change on the system regarding my approval. It just shows fingerprint were taken.
Did you call USCIS hotline to talk tier2 officer?
You can ask them if your case is still under the review.

Did you call USCIS hotline to talk tier2 officer?
You can ask them if your case is still under the review.

Some people including me got approved several days after interview, because FO didn’t request the KCC file transfer to FO before interview.
Call KCC agent if your case file was requested and transferred to your FO.”

Another possibility is “Backgroud check in progress.” Some people are still waiting for clearance. Do you know your check was cleared?

Please check the last minute group list which I posted.

Some people including me got approved several days after interview, because FO didn’t request the KCC file transfer to FO before interview.
Call KCC agent if your case file was requested and transferred to your FO.”

Another possibility is “Backgroud check in progress.” Some people are still waiting for clearance. Do you know your check was cleared?

Please check the last minute group list which I posted.
No! Have no information on that. I was just told that my case is still under review and they do not know how long its going to take to release a decision.

No! Have no information on that. I was just told that my case is still under review and they do not know how long its going to take to release a decision.

Sounds like your background check is still in progress, because I got similar response when I inquired the interview date. USCIS doesn’t provide update until completion.

Another reason is KCC file transfer should be done within a few days.

Sounds like your background check is still in progress, because I got similar response when I inquired the interview date. USCIS doesn’t provide update until completion.

Another reason is KCC file transfer should be done within a few days.
Called today and USCIS has still not requested KCC for my file. Any go about on that?

Waiting 7 weeks for background check to clear is not unusual, some wait for several months as a matter of fact.

Have you received any feedback/updates from any of the 3 service/case follow up requests you’ve initiated?
Yes. Answer always "according to USCIS records, your applications is currently pending"

Finally we’ve got our interview today in LA office. We got the interview notice yesterday. The officer is very nice, He went through my husband’s I 485 first (he is the principle applicant), and then mine. Because we have been US over 10 years (from student, OPT and O1 Visa two times). So, most of the time he was reviewing our status when we was in US. At the end, he told us he needs review our case and he mention that he know the DV deadline. So, We just wait and pray now.

Hello guys I kept checking my online account no update today morning I called uscis and spoke with tier 2, he said the last update on the system here is you scheduled for bio appointment on 21
I told him I already had my Interview at My local office on 22 and my case was approved on 23 but still no update on my online account
He said wow
Anyway I reached my congressman today at 10 am and she said I’ll make some calls around
Within an hour I got update ( NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED)
Thanks SM1SMOM Susie and everyone here

Hello guys I kept checking my online account no update today morning I called uscis and spoke with tier 2, he said the last update on the system here is you scheduled for bio appointment on 21
I told him I already had my Interview at My local office on 22 and my case was approved on 23 but still no update on my online account
He said wow
Anyway I reached my congressman today at 10 am and she said I’ll make some calls around
Within an hour I got update ( NEW CARD IS BEING PRODUCED)
Thanks SM1SMOM Susie and everyone here
Wow, congratulations!!! Now you should be soooo relieved... I believe we all will have nightmares for some time now, before we get used with the idea we are LPRs.... :)

I hope that the rest who is still waiting, will get through too. Plus, it is still a chance to get an extension (by the end of September we will know), though I know that Mom mentioned that technically it is impossible, but I still hope...

Here is the updated rosters of last minutes group as of 4:00 pm EDT, 9/25/2020.
Bold characters are updates today.

Group 1; Bio and Interview completed. Awaiting approval

SAC bio and INT on 9/22 (KCC file)
NYC INT on 9/17 (KCC file)

DET Bio on 8/4, int on 9/4
PIT Bio waived, int on 9/3
DEN Bio on 8/18, int on 9/17(KCC FILE)
MWK Bio on 8/17, int on 9/15
ALB Bio on 8/13, int on 9/18(KCC File)
SJC Bio on 8/19, Int on 9/28(Scheduled)
LAS Bio on 9/18, Int on 9/18
HOU Bio on 8/7, Int on 7/28
PHL FO, Bio on 8/8, Int on 9/11
LAX. Bio on 8/19, Int on on 9/25

Group 2; bio completed and awaiting IL

BOS bio on 8/3

Group 3; waiting for bio and IL.

HOU bio and INT TBD
LAX bio and INT TBD
Heri2020, unknown FO, BIO and INT TBD

Yes. Answer always "according to USCIS records, your applications is currently pending"

In that case nothing else you can do. Looks like your husband's background check is yet to clear, until that happens, I'm afraid there's nothing anyone can do. If it is any consolation, USCIS tend to try fast-track pending DV based background checks as the FY deadline approaches, so fingers crossed for you guys.