• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 Oceania Selectees

Guys, I have a situation here please need your suggestions and advice. I have already attended the interview and CO kept my passport however told me to submit my original AFP clearance since I couldn’t get the original at the time of my interview and had to submit a certified copy of the original... CO handed me a yellow paper 221(g).

I went through the yellow paper and I realised that I have made a terrible mistake, I applied for AFP clearance certificate with code 35 instead of code 33 ...as soon as I found out about my mistake I did apply AFP code 33 but not sure when it will arrive.
My questions
Q. Is AFP clearance with (code 35) accepted by the embassy or are they strict about the particular code ? (During the interview I remember that CO did not mention about any specific code it seemed he just wanted the original copy)
Q2. If I have to wait for few days for my new AFP clearance code 33, do you guys think I will have time to get my passport stamped before 30th ?
Thanks in advance..
Q1 - In previous years Sydney Embassy has accepted code 35 certs - you can certainly try with that and if they have a problem the code 33 cert should only be days behind.
Q2 - it all depends on when you actually get that cert sent to them

Can I pick the brains of people who have already done the move? Just a few Q's.

1. What were your considerations when picking a city/state to make your home when moving to the US?
2. Did you move to your chosen state and then look for work or did you apply for work before moving over?
3. Did you move into a short term rental and then find a long term home? If you moved straight into a long term home was it hard securing a rental from Australia?
4. Has anyone moved over their pets and how was the experience?

Thank you :)

1 - I was always moving to Washington as thats where my boyfriend lives
2 - I waited until i arrived, found a job within 6 weeks, I did take a few weeks to settle in and get my SSN before I started apply so it didnt take me too long to find a job.
3 - see answer to Q1, I was lucky to already move to an established home. We did move a few months later and the only issue I had was that because my credit file was so new they requested a larger deposit ($1000 instead of $500)
4 - I considered bringing my dog (later decided for her to stay with my son) the cost was around $5k

1 - I was always moving to Washington as thats where my boyfriend lives
2 - I waited until i arrived, found a job within 6 weeks, I did take a few weeks to settle in and get my SSN before I started apply so it didnt take me too long to find a job.
3 - see answer to Q1, I was lucky to already move to an established home. We did move a few months later and the only issue I had was that because my credit file was so new they requested a larger deposit ($1000 instead of $500)
4 - I considered bringing my dog (later decided for her to stay with my son) the cost was around $5k

Thanks Aidyn, appreciate your response.

We're not sure where to move because it will depend on where my husband is able to get a job based on his industry.
Was thinking maybe it'd be an idea to get a short term rental in LA (pay more upfront as you did did due to no credit score) then find a perm home after he secures a job. This is if he doesn't secure a job prior to moving over.
Can you apply for SSN before moving? That would obviously make it easier for him to apply for jobs before we fly.
I have a cat and a dog to take. It is going to be costly but its a must. Carriers have suspended pet travel at the moment because of Corona so it might be easier to leave them with family and fly them over later.

So much to think about!!

How long does it take for ceac site to update? Mine has said refused since my interview because it was pending my medical results from the day before and my original AFP check hadn’t arrived (took 9 business days to get to me) the CO said that’s why he gave me the yellow slip. I have now sent off my AFP and tracked that it arrived at the embassy yesterday. Today I checked the ceac site and it’s updated with today’s date and says refused. I’m confused because I have/gave everything they needed :-(

How long does it take for ceac site to update? Mine has said refused since my interview because it was pending my medical results from the day before and my original AFP check hadn’t arrived (took 9 business days to get to me) the CO said that’s why he gave me the yellow slip. I have now sent off my AFP and tracked that it arrived at the embassy yesterday. Today I checked the ceac site and it’s updated with today’s date and says refused. I’m confused because I have/gave everything they needed :-(

They are probably just waiting for KCC to allocate the visas. remember, unlike a normal month, none of these cases had visas pre-allocated. So it adds some extra delay.

Good Morning. For those of you who have interviews scheduled over the next few days and are a little worried about the nearing deadline. Just want to share my experience and hope yours is the same. Had my interview at the Suva embassy this week and got my visa within 5 hours. Interview was at around 8.45, visa was approved at the interview as all documents were provided and I got a call to pick my passport with visa and packet at 2pm the same day. Hope you all the best over the next few days

Good Morning. For those of you who have interviews scheduled over the next few days and are a little worried about the nearing deadline. Just want to share my experience and hope yours is the same. Had my interview at the Suva embassy this week and got my visa within 5 hours. Interview was at around 8.45, visa was approved at the interview as all documents were provided and I got a call to pick my passport with visa and packet at 2pm the same day. Hope you all the best over the next few days
Wow, that’s incredible. Great to see them working so hard to get through the DV selectees. Congrats on getting the visa!

Congrats Fijian . Yeah the embassy here in Suva was quite efficient. As soon s they received my medicals from Tappoo City medical centre they also advised me to collect visa and visa packet. Someone i know also got their visa straight after the interview and were told to pick the visa packet a d visa up at 2 pm same day.

My status got updated three times. Initially, it was refused, then today for a brief moment it changed to Ready and finally Administrating processing. Is it normal or it's over for me?

It statedRefused because of the section 221 (g) of the US Immigration and Naturalization Act Meaning it requires further documents to be submitted such as Police Clearance or maybe Medicals . Once they would have received they will update for Administrative processing . That’s normal procedure . Depends which embassy have you applied with . Did you submit all documents they ticked in the yellow paper you must have gotten after your interview ?dont stress . It should be fine . The USCIS system uploading is very infrequent

It statedRefused because of the section 221 (g) of the US Immigration and Naturalization Act Meaning it requires further documents to be submitted such as Police Clearance or maybe Medicals . Once they would have received they will update for Administrative processing . That’s normal procedure . Depends which embassy have you applied with . Did you submit all documents they ticked in the yellow paper you must have gotten after your interview ?dont stress . It should be fine . The USCIS system uploading is very infrequent
Thank you for your response. I was interviewed in US embassy Sydney and yes I did submit all the documents CO asked for. i.e. AFP certificate on the 23/09 and got email from medical centre saying they have forwarded the medical results to embassy today. Like you mentioned I really hope that it’s a normal procedure and not a real AP.

Thank you for your response. I was interviewed in US embassy Sydney and yes I did submit all the documents CO asked for. i.e. AFP certificate on the 23/09 and got email from medical centre saying they have forwarded the medical results to embassy today. Like you mentioned I really hope that it’s a normal procedure and not a real AP.
well technically it is real AP - they are reviewing your case
Considering how quickly they are processing right now with only a few days to go I'm sure you'll have an update very soon

Hi,

I just got my DV2020 visa approved two days ago and received my visa packet just a while ago. However, the due date for my immigrant visa is in March 2021. Incase, if my country's border is still closed during that time, will I be able to renew my visa to an extended deadline?

I have also heard that DV immigrant visa holders cannot enter USA till 31st December,2020. Do you think the Proclamation might be extended (how are the chances like) ?

Nothing like leaving it to the last minute. After receiving our visas in March 2020 and being unable to travel due to Australia's international travel ban, the U.S. Consulate in Sydney re-issued our visas today. Thank you to everyone on this forum for your advice and guidance throughout this process.