• Hello Members, This forums is for DV lottery visas only. For other immigration related questions, please go to our forums home page, find the related forum and post it there.

DV 2020 All Selectees

Hello, I need help !

I am a winner of DV Lottery fiscal year 2020 (Case number 2020EU43xxx), I was selected with all my family members, my wife and two children's.
  • On 28 May 2019 I submitted DS-260 application .
  • On 8 November 2019 I submitted all civil documents that were required to support my visa application, and I received a confirmation from KCC.
  • On 8 January 2020 I write an email to KCCDV@state.gov to ask about status of application, they respond with automatic email
Now we are in the deadline situation one week before 30 September the end of fiscal year, and I don't know what is the status of my application, when I check the status visa the massage says AT NVC.

Today I write an email to the US Embassy Skopje, and this was their answer:

In that situation we have to inform you that due to COVID19 situation we have done our best to process as much DV cases as possible but there is also a number of applicants that remain unscheduled and unprocessed.

Due to our limited capacity your case as well as other DV cases that remain unscheduled will not be processed.

Regards,
Consular Section

Does somebody has any idea how to react, because I think they are trying to avoid me, I'm telling this because the US Embassy in Pristina has received today all applications and they scheduled all for tomorrow to process with interviews!

I appreciate any information form you!
Have you been following the news of the bans, court cases etc? Unfortunately part of whether DV visas can be issued does depend on the capacity at each particular embassy and its status of operations. One embassy being able to process applications does not mean another can. The order re Dv2020 (See https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/News/visas-news/diversity-visa-DV-2020-update.html ) does give selectees the ability to try attempt to use another embassy if their own does not have capacity, perhaps you can contact Pristina and see if they can accommodate you. I have to say of the few attempts I’ve heard to use another embassy I don’t think any have been successful, but you can at least try.

Hello, I need help !

I am a winner of DV Lottery fiscal year 2020 (Case number 2020EU43xxx), I was selected with all my family members, my wife and two children's.
  • On 28 May 2019 I submitted DS-260 application .
  • On 8 November 2019 I submitted all civil documents that were required to support my visa application, and I received a confirmation from KCC.
  • On 8 January 2020 I write an email to KCCDV@state.gov to ask about status of application, they respond with automatic email
Now we are in the deadline situation one week before 30 September the end of fiscal year, and I don't know what is the status of my application, when I check the status visa the massage says AT NVC.

Today I write an email to the US Embassy Skopje, and this was their answer:

In that situation we have to inform you that due to COVID19 situation we have done our best to process as much DV cases as possible but there is also a number of applicants that remain unscheduled and unprocessed.

Due to our limited capacity your case as well as other DV cases that remain unscheduled will not be processed.

Regards,
Consular Section

Does somebody has any idea how to react, because I think they are trying to avoid me, I'm telling this because the US Embassy in Pristina has received today all applications and they scheduled all for tomorrow to process with interviews!

I appreciate any information form you!
Sorry but where you are checking the status?

Thank you SusieQQQ for your replay! Yes I was following the news of the bans!
I asked Pristina, but they said that is not possible, because it has to be changed in Kentucky!
Now I don't now how do I change the Consulate address in my application!? Or is that possible?

Thank you SusieQQQ for your replay! Yes I was following the news of the bans!
I asked Pristina, but they said that is not possible, because it has to be changed in Kentucky!
Now I don't now how do I change the Consulate address in my application!? Or is that possible?
The DoS link I gave above says it has to be arranged directly with the embassy, but maybe you can get KCC to help. Just call them and speak to someone there, asking if they can change it manually. From what other people have reported I must be honest, I don’t think this will work, but at least you will know you’ve tried. I’m sorry - this must be so frustrating.

I think KCC is really working hard. They are prioritizing cases where covid situation is under control and embassies are open. I have received my interview appointment schedule yesterday. I got interview on 29th.
Are you one of the petitioners ?

That's a low number man! xD
I know i have low case number. But i found out i was selected back in October 2019 when i was applying for dv2021. So i started collecting documents very late. Oh hey there is a family have interview among us on 29th with case number AS269**, AS2521*