Education Evaluation.....Help me!!

LCHUNGRY

Registered Users (C)
I appreciate your opinion guys...

I am just about to start my LC... But after seeing this thread that I understand I have to be very careful when choosing the words for education and qualification required when filing LC.

I have 3 year diploma in EEE and 1 year diploma in Computer applications. Both of them from India and from the state Government. I got these certificates are after a 12 year high school education.

A reputed NYC based evaluator, gave me evaluation for this education that of equal to BS in electrical and electronics and computer application.

Based on that , a 4th tier US university which is accredited in the US to give Graduate degree(I know few foreign students went to that with their F1 Visa), accepted me in to their Masters Degree program. This is equaling to a full time study but done in the evening college. After two year, I got a MS from this university.

Now, will I get a problem in getting LC, I-140 approval? What should the education and experiences be mentioned in the LC in order to get I140 approved??

I have total 8 year experience and out of it 2 years along with the MS degree.

Thanks a lot for you help.

One way to reconcile the inconsistency is to require the job to have a baccalaureate degree "or equivalent" on the labor certification. However, if the employer plans to rely on the "or equivalent" formula, he or she should define what is meant by equivalent experience.

The equivalency shoule be defined, that the employer would accept the combination of foreign educational studies and/or professional training/work experience deemed equivalent to US BS equivalent. (This helped me in succesfully getting I-140 which was denied on the first instance).

One way to reconcile the inconsistency is to require the job to have a baccalaureate degree "or equivalent" on the labor certification. However, if the employer plans to rely on the "or equivalent" formula, he or she should define what is meant by equivalent experience.

The equivalency shoule be defined, that the employer would accept the combination of foreign educational studies and/or professional training/work experience deemed equivalent to US BS equivalent. (This helped me in succesfully getting I-140 which was denied on the first instance).

thanks for your reply lcauser,

But do you think my MS degree from the US university will not be considered as a Master degree???

Will they question me for my BS equality eventhough I obtained a US MS ??

I am really confused...

LCHUNGRY,

I am interested in doing a MS and I have same education situation like you, can you pls give the New York univ. detail which accepted for MS.

Thank you