N600K and I-94?

timmmay

I'm in the process of filing an N600K online for my son's citizenship and USCIS is asking me to upload an I-94 with the rest of the other required documents. If I understand correctly, I-94 is an arrival/departure document given by Custom officials at the port of entry. But my son has never been in the USA so he's never been issued an I-94. And I've read that Customs doesn't physically issue I-94 anymore, it's all done electronically now? Can't Immigration just go by the stamp on my son's passport when he goes through the airport? I'm assuming that's the purpose of an I-94, proof of the child's legal entry to the USA. Anybody can please comment on this?

Also, when I was entering all the info online, there was a part where it asks for the child's green card number which I left blank. I thought that was odd. BTW, I picked the field office in Guam for the interview. I hope that's okay even though Guam is only a US territory and not a state?

Under INA-322, the child must have entered the USA legally first before he/she is granted citizenship. I wonder if an entry stamp on the child's passport is enough to satisfy that requirement? I've read that an I-94 takes 30 days to receive when you request online.

Under INA-322, the child must have entered the USA legally first before he/she is granted citizenship. I wonder if an entry stamp on the child's passport is enough to satisfy that requirement? I've read that an I-94 takes 30 days to receive when you request online.
Right, the child needs to enter the US on a visitor visa to attend the interview and the oath. However, one usually only enters the US after filing the N-600K and getting the interview date. So I am not sure why it would ask for this information now. The paper N-600K form does not ask for I-94. I have not seen the online application, but I don't see why it would be different.

From form N-600K (pdf version):
14. Information About the Child's Admission Into the United States and Current Immigration Status​
NOTE: Do NOT complete this section. The USCIS officer will complete it during the interview.

Are you unable to leave this section blank when you complete the form online?

Yes, I filled out the pdf version also before figuring out that they are now accepting N600K online. I decided to just file online to save some money. Maybe they've just started out allowing online filing with N600K that they're still working out the kinks?

I went back and checked the beginning of the online questions again and they weren't asking for a Green Card Number, but it was asking for the child's name as it appears on the card. I was able to leave that blank. On the I-94 requirement, as someone suggested to just upload a letter stating that the child's proof of legal entry will be presented during the interview.

> ... upload a letter stating that the child's proof of legal entry will be presented during the interview.

That's worth a shot.

Turns out I just need to read all the instructions:p

"If CBP did not issue Form I-94 to the child because it captured arrival information electronically, type or print "N/A" in the fields that request an I-94 Arrival-Departure Record Number. In this instance, it is important for the child to provide a passport or travel document number where it is requested on the application."

Maybe the bolded part threw me off. I took it as passport or travel document are still required in lieu of an I-94 upon filing.

Hi, timmmay... what did you end up doing?
I'm in this process now and wondering the same thing. I was thinking of leaving blank and attaching a document saying we will be happy to present that info at the time of the interview. Because the

From the application (evidence section):
"Child's proof of lawful admission and maintenance of lawful status
Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record, is required, if available, at the time of interview for all children seeking citizenship under INA section 322, except for eligible children of members of the U.S. Armed Forces.
If the child does not have an I-94 number, one of the following scenarios may apply: ...
3. If CBP did not issue Form I-94 to the child because it captured arrival information electronically, type or print "N/A" in the fields that request an I-94 Arrival-Departure Record Number. In this instance, it is important for the child to provide a passport or travel document number where it is requested on the application. (See below.)"

"Child's passport and travel document numbers
If you used a passport or travel document to travel to the United States, enter either the passport or travel document information in the appropriate space on the application, even if the passport or travel document currently expired. CBP is exploring automation Form I-94, Arrival-Departure Record, in order to collect arrival/depature information electronically, streamlining arrival and inspection for travelers. If this occurs, CBP may scan a traveler's electronic passport (or, for travelers who do not have a passport, some other similar "travel document") instead of issuing Form I-94. In these instances, the person filing this form must provide passport or travel document numbers - even if they have expired - instead of a Form I-94 number when filing Form N-600K."

So, to me it seems like an either-or: either provide the I-94 or the travel document used TO ENTER THE USA. The problem being: My child is not IN the USA at the time of filing, because we reside abroad, thus N600-K,
Which brings me back to my idea of attaching a document saying we will provide this information at the interview... Thoughts?

Please can i have an update on your case because am in the same process of filing right now and i dont know how to fill the I-94 part please help !

Turns out I just need to read all the instructions:p

"If CBP did not issue Form I-94 to the child because it captured arrival information electronically, type or print "N/A" in the fields that request an I-94 Arrival-Departure Record Number. In this instance, it is important for the child to provide a passport or travel document number where it is requested on the application."

Maybe the bolded part threw me off. I took it as passport or travel document are still required in lieu of an I-94 upon filing.
How did you fix the issue please ? Did you upload a letter ? Or leave it blank? Am so confused !

Hello everyone,
I saw that you had are same problem with the I-94 Form. How did you manage to complete the procedure without the form? Thank you

I am currently filling an N-600k for my son i was wondering what i put down for the I-94 Section as he has been to orlando florida in 2019 for 2 weeks and came back. do we use his I-94 for the orlando trip or leave it blank saying we will provide the entry for the appointment during the interview.

I am currently filling an N-600k for my son i was wondering what i put down for the I-94 Section as he has been to orlando florida in 2019 for 2 weeks and came back. do we use his I-94 for the orlando trip or leave it blank saying we will provide the entry for the appointment during the interview.
Which section is that? On the paper N-600K form, there is no question that asks for I-94. There is a question, Part 2 #14, that asks about the child's admission, but it says not to complete that section.

Which section is that? On the paper N-600K form, there is no question that asks for I-94. There is a question, Part 2 #14, that asks about the child's admission, but it says not to complete that section.
Hi, it’s on the online filing N-600k I will attach a photo below. It would have somthing at the top saying don’t enter anything here if I didn’t have to and is it talking about past admissions or for the N-600k appointment.IMG_8164.png

Attachments

• IMG_8163.png
    IMG_8163.png
    327.1 KB · Views: 2
You are not required to provide an I-94 when filling out the N-600K. If the online N-600K won't let you proceed without uploading it, file N-600K by paper.

You are not required to provide an I-94 when filling out the N-600K. If the online N-600K won't let you proceed without uploading it, file N-600K by paper.
I wrote up a notice saying we will provide it at the interview and attached it